YesNoOk

KOF Destiny (CGI Animated Series) (Read 185414 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, June 19, 2017, 11:00:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF Destiny (CGI Animated Series)
#21  August 10, 2017, 11:55:00 pm
    • UK
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#22  August 11, 2017, 03:31:18 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I dig what they did to Billy's hair, but I'm still leery about all these stories being mashed together.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#23  August 12, 2017, 03:35:14 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Was that all animated in Poser or Iclone or something? Cos it looks like it was.

I won't bother to list everything wrong with that animation since most of you can see the obvious.

Rev. ;P
3d rocks!
#24  August 12, 2017, 08:18:37 am
I can tolerate the animation, but some of the faces are really bad, like, REALLY bad.  Still gonna watch these though it looks interesting.
#25  August 12, 2017, 10:29:05 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Was that Jack in the preview? Are they mixing together Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting and KOF 94?
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#26  August 12, 2017, 10:56:24 pm
You mean as far as KoF is itself a mix of FF and AoF... ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#27  August 13, 2017, 01:18:51 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
back when kof was getting yearly releases there was the stuff that was in game plot AND we also got small summaries of what happened to the teaqms before the tournaments in teh website/gaming magazines. that is why some charcters are still involved in kof plto even fi they don't appear in the games.
#28  August 13, 2017, 04:43:27 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
im a conscious dreamer

#29  August 13, 2017, 05:01:04 pm
Question still applies. I'm not familiar with the details of the FF and AoF stories but unless directly stated otherwise, there's no reason to think the same things didn't happen in KoF timeline, as long as it doesn't clash with the sliding timeline of FF + AoF against the KoF timeline. KoF never bothered talking about the Geese/Jeff confrontation, it doesn't mean it didn't happen as it did in FF, so they showed it here because they're summing up everyone's stories, from FF and AoF all the same. We even just got Geese messing with the Kyokugen dojo and Yuri is going somewhere on her own, so yeah, it's pretty obvious where they're going with that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:07:10 pm by Byakko
#30  August 13, 2017, 06:19:24 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
To me it looks like its intertwining the plots of the first games in the three series.
KOF 94: Rugal sends the Japan team the invites to the tournament (which seems to take place only in South Town?).
FF: Terry returns to South Town for the KOF tournament so he can take revenge on Geese, who also has the Jin scroll.
AOF: Yuri goes missing and Ryo and Robert go around South Town looking for her.
And it's all happening at the same time.
im a conscious dreamer

#31  August 13, 2017, 07:14:25 pm
Yeah, that's where it looks like it's going. The only weird thing about this is that Benimaru and the Kusanagis were saying that this wasn't the first "king of fighters" tournament and the previous were only 1v1, which refers to the ff games, but Geese hasn't been tossed off any roof yet and it should be Rugal organizing it. Geese looks to be only a participant and not the organizer (even attacking other participants before), which means Terry isn't going there for the tournament. If he's just there for Geese, maybe when Geese enters the tournament, Terry decides to join too, and we'll see the roof drop in the Rugal tournament ? That would give stronger grounds for the idea that Geese is trying to connect the scrolls with he power of Orochi that Rugal is trying to uncover or something. That would work well.
Krauser would be Terry's season 2 subplot I guess.
Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:20:00 pm by Byakko
#32  August 17, 2017, 04:28:23 pm
    • Germany
Episode 3

Did they create Angelina just for this Series or was she created for some Spinoff game before? (KoF Dating games, pachinko etc.)
#33  August 17, 2017, 08:43:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the fatal fury ova was the first one to have that character.
#34  August 17, 2017, 09:49:59 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Wasn't her name Lily in the ova?
#35  August 17, 2017, 09:57:44 pm
  • Also in the sky, the strength of love has wings...
    • Mexico
Yup, her original name was Lily McGuire.
#36  August 17, 2017, 10:05:14 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
So I assume this is going to end badly for her as well then

Anime Terry has the dick of death
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#37  August 17, 2017, 10:16:43 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Suliaaaaaa!!!!
#38  August 18, 2017, 12:59:16 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#39  August 20, 2017, 04:23:41 pm
    • UK
wait.... isn't rock geese's only child?
how can she be his daughter in law..... what? did she mean stepfather or something?
#40  August 21, 2017, 08:04:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'd have to listen to the actual japanese, just watched the 3 episodes a few days ago and noticed the word geese uses to call jeff brother is "ani" which is short of aniki, which is used in certain organizations (yakuza, gangs, martial arts dojos) to talk about someone up in the ladder, in the case of geeese and jeff being students in the same dojo and jeff being the one wiht the higher(est?) hierarchy it's normla for geese to call him aniki, or rather, ani which has a moking tone.

now well, they really did mix the ff1 and the kof94(5?) plots , i guess that's a good way to give a of  time to terry without making the kusanagi stuff seem unimportant; the most annoying "change" is beni's personality, I understand them using his battle outfit for his everyday instead of his alt design if just to save on modeling costs, but him being a bigger walking joke than joe is not that nice; joe is supossed to be th failed womanizer while beni is the succesful one.