YesNoOk

Neo Geo x Capcom (NGxC) - Battle For Destiny (Read 446952 times)

Started by Ryu From Streets™, September 13, 2020, 09:59:58 pm
Share this topic:
Neo Geo x Capcom (NGxC) - Battle For Destiny
#1  September 13, 2020, 09:59:58 pm
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr

Hiiiiii, Ryu here--again. So, I've been messing with Big Bang Beat characters for yeaaaaaaaaaars, oof. I've already made Big Bang Beat Revolution, now I'm making the sequel Big Bang Beat x Street Fighter which is also my last Big Bang Beat game, I legit had a great adventure with these characters. They're hella underrated and putting them with a game like Street Fighter was a good way to make them shine a little bit more, even though I feel like people are still going to play the Street Fighter side more HAH--ANYWAYS. Big Bang Beat x Street Fighter is pretty much done, all I have to do is to wait for all the characters's AI to be done, so I can finally release annnnnnnd, catch up on the feedbacks. (Because not every games are perfect, I'm sure you guys are going to find some crazy bugs, y'all are insane I love y'all lmao.)

Okay, so. I /LOVED/ the style that I went for in BBBxSF, and I wanted to try it on that game and to me--well, it looks /COOL./ So, I figured that I would do it for SNK characters as well because my whole entire life in Mugen I've been making 100000000000th CVS compilations with so many different Screenpacks lmfao, so I wanted to do my own! And I want to share it with y'all so here we go. <3

This is just the beginning for now, so I don't really have any details (yet) to share!

Re: Neo Geo x Capcom (NGxC) - Battle For Destiny
#2  September 13, 2020, 10:16:26 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Looks an awful lot like 2dee's game on his channel. Are you borrowing assets or something? Becuase it shares a lot, mainly the color palettes and Shiyo stages.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  September 13, 2020, 10:33:04 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Looks an awful lot like 2dee's game on his channel. Are you borrowing assets or something? Becuase it shares a lot, mainly the color palettes and Shiyo stages.

Well he kinda is the one who taught me few things back when I used be a part of his old game so if you see some 2Dee vibe then that's normal.
#4  September 13, 2020, 10:39:06 pm
    • UK

It just looks super close to his new videos when I look at it, even the voices used. I makes sense I guess.
WIP Schedule:
#5  September 13, 2020, 10:39:33 pm
    • Canada
Neat concept. I really enjoyed BBB-R. It's one of the better full games I've seen on Mugen.

Looking forward to it.

As for the 2Dee comparison, Ryu could be using Shiyo's stages because they are awesome. If you want to stick with the Paralax theme you could also try some of Charles_2011 stages, he's getting pretty good at those.
#6  September 13, 2020, 10:43:36 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
It just looks super close to his new videos when I look at it, even the voices used. I makes sense I guess.

I don't watch his videos, sadly so I don't really know what you're talking about. I'll take a look, though.

Neat concept. I really enjoyed BBB-R. It's one of the better full games I've seen on Mugen.

Looking forward to it.

As for the 2Dee comparison, Ryu could be using Shiyo's stages because they are awesome. If you want to stick with the Paralax theme you could also try some of Charles_2011 stages, he's getting pretty good at those.

His stages are bomb af, omfg.

Charles_2011? I downloaded a lot of his stages, he's godlike.
#7  September 13, 2020, 11:09:18 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Glad to see this project rising with so many good gameplay features and your personal touch.
I have so many hopes for the roster. But I think you will make great choices.
Keep up with the good work!

ExL

#8  September 14, 2020, 05:12:44 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
...even though I feel like people are still going to play the Street Fighter side more HAH--ANYWAYS...
On contrary I'm rather fed up with SF and most appreciated BBB characters there. Though you made SF ones feel fresh so that's all good too.
And well, nice new project! I like the system, should play nicely. Just hope you'll bring to the light less used characters from Capcom side as you have large selection. Won't turn it to request fest, though :D But you know, MvC helpers are now mugenized, etc.
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#9  September 14, 2020, 07:36:56 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
...even though I feel like people are still going to play the Street Fighter side more HAH--ANYWAYS...
On contrary I'm rather fed up with SF and most appreciated BBB characters there. Though you made SF ones feel fresh so that's all good too.
And well, nice new project! I like the system, should play nicely. Just hope you'll bring to the light less used characters from Capcom side as you have large selection. Won't turn it to request fest, though :D But you know, MvC helpers are now mugenized, etc.

Even on the SNK side I am trying MY BEST to not use non KOF chars and for Capcom SF-
#10  September 14, 2020, 07:41:32 pm
    • UK

Do you by chance have a rough list of the chars to come?
WIP Schedule:
#11  September 14, 2020, 07:58:22 pm
  • Indeed
A Capcom vs Snk game which is NOT yet another compilation of mixed gameplay P.o.t.S-ish styled characters, but looks actually unique? Didn't know this year Christmas came early!
#12  September 15, 2020, 08:58:52 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Do you by chance have a rough list of the chars to come?

I absolutely don't. For now, we're working on it, but you guys can request some characters too I really don't mind.

A Capcom vs Snk game which is NOT yet another compilation of mixed gameplay P.o.t.S-ish styled characters, but looks actually unique? Didn't know this year Christmas came early!

Ah man come on you're going to make me blush oof---but I appreciate the compliment, really means a lot to me!

Ohh also

#13  September 15, 2020, 09:11:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#14  September 15, 2020, 09:31:53 pm
    • UK

I absolutely don't. For now, we're working on it, but you guys can request some characters too I really don't mind.

Well I'd personally like to see some NGBC folks (Yuki or Ai) and Savage Reign (e.g. Hayate, Carol or King Lion). Their styles have a few kinks that would work with the gameplay you're going for.
WIP Schedule:
#15  September 15, 2020, 09:45:45 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr

Well I'd personally like to see some NGBC folks (Yuki or Ai) and Savage Reign (e.g. Hayate, Carol or King Lion). Their styles have a few kinks that would work with the gameplay you're going for.

God daaaamn, Yuki? CS'ing his sprites will take me forever but it is possible I think?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hkAfNnRpP8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Wow! Great surprise to see Gai in your game !
I like this idea!

What about using Dampir's SFF in "capcom" style ? It would match well your game!

Dampir made a Gai SFF?
#16  September 15, 2020, 10:16:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

ExL

#17  September 16, 2020, 04:53:46 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Well, if you don't mind - Rick Strowd or Vanessa, Gato and if there're fitting Freeman on NG side and if there's good to work with Juri in SF4 outfit. Those all I want, so generally... Surprise me :D
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#18  September 16, 2020, 04:58:46 pm
    • USA
Might I request a few characters?:

Genjuro Kibagami from SamSho

any member from the american sports team

Dan muthafuckin Hibiki

that's all really lol
#19  September 16, 2020, 05:52:46 pm
    • Mexico
#20  September 16, 2020, 09:25:30 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I would love to see some non-sf characters make the cut, obvious ones like Strider seem perfect for this style with his high speed moveset, Fiona Belli from Haunting Ground, Viewtiful Joe and Frank West would be all I'd be asking for. I would be interested to see how a grappler type would work with this high speed, someone like Tizoc/Raiden or Haggar/Zangief but this crazy fast action, and maybe more opportunities to chain grab through wall and floor bounces might be pretty fun/crazy! I think if you wanted to  have something pretty fun to mess around with too, not sure how easy this would be but maybe Geegus, so they could transform into various SNK/Capcom characters between supers/moves, I think that would be quite a spectacle and might be fun.

Good luck on this project I'll be keeping my eyes on it because the high speed action of this looks pretty fun!