YesNoOk

Neo Geo x Capcom (NGxC) - Battle For Destiny (Read 445461 times)

Started by Ryu From Streets™, September 13, 2020, 09:59:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Neo Geo x Capcom (NGxC) - Battle For Destiny
#121  March 20, 2021, 02:37:26 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
It would be great to see some of Dampir's sprites that were mostly used as edits get some love for sure, as he's done a few characters that aren't used that often like Gato, Krauser, Demitri, Daimo, Kensou or Hanzo from SamSho
#122  March 20, 2021, 11:22:22 am
I suggested Yuki and Ai before, but for some other underrated characters, there's Cyber Woo, Lee Pai Long, Jedah, Tessa, Ingrid, Tron, and the Megaman Zero version of Zero. There's also KOF edit of Rocky from Robo Army.
Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:26:47 am by Zenotron
#123  March 20, 2021, 06:28:29 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Then again, if you are taking suggestions, I would highly recommend (once again) Jimmy Lee from Rage of the Dragons, would be awesome to see him in your project.
#124  March 21, 2021, 02:46:38 am
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
I'll list what interested me so far.

Jimmy Lee
Shermie
Hanzo, but I don't know if you guys were talking about the one from Samurai Shodown, or World Heroes. But I definitely am more interested into The World Heroes one with his brother Fuuma too.
Gato
Demitri.
Jedah.
Kensou.
and Ingrid.

Oh and Pex. Rick already was in my mind LOL.
#125  March 21, 2021, 02:58:13 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Kensou, Demitri, Gato and Hanzo from Samsho all have CVS-styled sprites which helps with the consistency, I think that the best sprites Hanzo/Fuuma from World Heroes have are their sprites from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, which are more KOF-ish I guess. Maybe if you wanted 2 ninja's you could do Hanzo from Samsho as the rival to Strider, and maybe Andy Bogard as well since he also has CVS-style sprites. There are also CVS-ish sprites of Zero from MMX, as well as some updated sprites of Megaman Zero based on the SVC sprites used HERE
#126  March 21, 2021, 03:45:17 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Kensou, Demitri, Gato and Hanzo from Samsho all have CVS-styled sprites which helps with the consistency, I think that the best sprites Hanzo/Fuuma from World Heroes have are their sprites from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, which are more KOF-ish I guess. Maybe if you wanted 2 ninja's you could do Hanzo from Samsho as the rival to Strider, and maybe Andy Bogard as well since he also has CVS-style sprites. There are also CVS-ish sprites of Zero from MMX, as well as some updated sprites of Megaman Zero based on the SVC sprites used HERE

Thing is I don't really mind using KOF-ish sprites, when they properly are CS'd they look good enough.

I'd rather go with Hanzo World Heroes than Hanzo Samsho, especially when I already have Yoshitora/Haohmaru and few other Samsho characters planned. I don't really want to have too many characters coming from the same game on the Neo-Geo side. Sadly, I know for a fact that 50% majority of the Capcom side is going to be SF chars, but oh well.

I'm glad that MVC exists, for charaters like Ruby, Jin, Strider, Sonson and many others. That Zero looks gud. I'll check the sprites that Maverick also made, I'll check if Ican do something with them. And Andy, I don't even know why but I ain't a fan of him--------but he probably will be in.
#127  March 21, 2021, 05:20:53 am
    • Mexico
Kensou being considered is a huge win. He's always been one of my faves and I feel like most people forget he even exists. I think his XI sheet is better than the dampir sheet though.
#128  March 21, 2021, 06:32:21 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico

Jimmy Lee
Shermie
Hanzo, but I don't know if you guys were talking about the one from Samurai Shodown, or World Heroes. But I definitely am more interested into The World Heroes one with his brother Fuuma too.
Gato
Demitri.
Jedah.
Kensou.
and Ingrid.

Thank you so much! :dio:

#129  March 21, 2021, 07:45:40 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Kensou being considered is a huge win. He's always been one of my faves and I feel like most people forget he even exists. I think his XI sheet is better than the dampir sheet though.

I do prefer his XI sheet too.
#130  March 21, 2021, 09:13:56 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Jimmy Lee
Shermie
Gato
Demitri.
Jedah.
Kensou.
and Ingrid.

Great!
Seeing what you can do with my favourite fast grappler Shermie just make me glad.

Also, most of use thought about Hanzo from SamSho since he have dampir sprite set ready to use.

But I definitely have interest for World heroes characters like them.
ADK characters in general are underrated. and we have the chance to have "modern" sprites for 5 of them in NGBC (Hanzo, Fuuma, Kisarah, Mudman, NeoDio)
#131  March 21, 2021, 09:27:27 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr

Jimmy Lee
Shermie
Gato
Demitri.
Jedah.
Kensou.
and Ingrid.

Great!
Seeing what you can do with my favourite fast grappler Shermie just make me glad.

Also, most of use thought about Hanzo from SamSho since he have dampir sprite set ready to use.

But I definitely have interest for World heroes characters like them.
ADK characters in general are underrated. and we have the chance to have "modern" sprites for 5 of them in NGBC (Hanzo, Fuuma, Kisarah, Mudman, NeoDio)

Thing is, I don't use Dampir spritesets at all.

I just CS SNK sprites, the results are way more satisfying for me tbh.
#132  March 21, 2021, 12:31:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
OK, I got the idea. :)
#133  March 21, 2021, 07:20:29 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Ah ok, I wasn't sure if you were aiming for some consistency amongst the group since most of them have had the CVS style, and it's fair to pick from a diverse amount of characters to not have franchises repeat too much. I know there was that updated sprite set for Jeanne D'Arc from WH as well, but, like I said regardless of who you pick I'm sure it'll be great!
#134  March 21, 2021, 11:46:33 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Would love to see some The Last Blade representation! Amano and Zantetsu are my favourites :D
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#135  March 22, 2021, 02:57:53 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Would love to see some The Last Blade representation! Amano and Zantetsu are my favourites :D

Last Blade yup.

It's funny how the Neo Geo side is going to have a lot of sword characters.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if you were aiming for some consistency amongst the group since most of them have had the CVS style, and it's fair to pick from a diverse amount of characters to not have franchises repeat too much. I know there was that updated sprite set for Jeanne D'Arc from WH as well, but, like I said regardless of who you pick I'm sure it'll be great!

Nahh. I love Dampir stuff. But I feel like using the OG sprites. Like Adelheid? He looks so dope. Only thing I have done is to CS him. That's what I want to do with other KOF sprites. And geez, it takes a lot of time because of their shading.

ExL

#136  March 22, 2021, 09:35:45 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Guess I'll be fully happy with NG side :D For Capcom side to not be only SF... Well, Final Fight is SF, but could be seen as separate entry, so Maki, Sodom, Rolento, etc. There're some versions of Regina from Dino Crisis, Warzard chars, few Rival Schools characters. From MvC helpers only Ton Pooh seems to fit for being not Marvel and not with big gun... Not much to choose from
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#137  March 22, 2021, 06:09:17 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I was going to suggest maybe updating the first post with the current roster plans, as it might help out as well. Yeah I can imagine how tough it can be for the SNK sprites just due to how the shading is set up.

Here's some other character samples, not sure if you've had all of these suggested or seen the sprites yourself, but I figure it might be good for ideas. Alice for SNK might be fun, Hinata/Akira from Rival Schools might be great too, or those new sprites for the more accurate Decapre by tJun, loads of potential. I bet Adelheid will be great, the preview video was awesome  ;D

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 04:24:50 pm by XANDERAC
#138  March 24, 2021, 07:06:47 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Annnnnnd we have A newcomer!

#139  March 24, 2021, 09:09:03 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking good man, no beta testing doe. Just asking.
#140  March 24, 2021, 01:40:37 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Yes ! Good job again.
It will be a unique game with unique set of characters and great "unusual" gameplay.