YesNoOk

Updating SFFs of older characters (Read 8553 times)

Started by Retro Respecter, January 18, 2023, 06:54:14 am
Share this topic:
Updating SFFs of older characters
#1  January 18, 2023, 06:54:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I use characters that can be out of date so some sprites and hitsparks look kind of weird in action. They are in a static color instead of the original intended color. How do I update the SFF?
Re: Updating SFFs of older characters
#2  January 27, 2023, 06:08:43 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've done something very similar to this in the past. I took the long way to do it. Now I know a shorter way. Use Fighter factory 3.

Open up your character. Find the hitspark/animation you want to overwrite. Use that to switch to the sprites.
Move the slider 1 sprite to the lef
t. So you wont be looking at the hitspark any longer.

Open up a character that has the hitsparks you want to copy. Find the hitsparks you want to copy.

Lets say your character has the bad hitsparks as 7605,0 through 7605,9. The 2nd char has them as 8210,0 through 8210,9. You need them to be in your char renamed as 7605. You have a couple options. The easiest,

Rename the group in the 2nd char to match your char.

In your char, on the sprite before the 7605, Use
Sprites > Import from another character. Type in 8210 if you didn't rename the group, or 7605 if you did.
All the good sprites should get imported.

If you go back to the animation, it should be using the good sprites. You can go back and manually delete the bad sprites.
Save and you should be done. Repeat for each group you want to do.
DO NOT SAVE the 2nd char if you renamed the group in it. That'll mess up it's hitspark animation.

One side note that can make things go a little faster if you're doing a LOT of hitsparks.
Rename your char's group from 7605, or whatever to 17605. Import the sprites from the 2nd char as 7605, then Delete Group 17605. You wont have to hand delete all the sprites.

If the 2nd char has it's hitsparks as a smaller number you can use the Add value option when importing the sprites and you wont have to rename them. It wont subtract a value.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv