YesNoOk

Dragon Ball Z Buyu Retsuden Mugen Edition. (Read 713013 times)

Started by vlad_alucard, August 01, 2020, 01:05:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball Z Buyu Retsuden Mugen Edition.
#21  December 18, 2020, 12:00:29 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like what I see.
And finally the super butouden sprites style is better! Definitely.

Glad you kept the select portrait style!
#22  December 18, 2020, 01:52:29 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
This looks really cool! Can you upload it also to Mediafire, please? Or can someone that has the currently released version do it? I can't download from Mega. Thanks

#23  December 18, 2020, 04:02:57 am
    • Argentina
This looks really cool! Can you upload it also to Mediafire, please? Or can someone that has the currently released version do it? I can't download from Mega. Thanks

I have something better to give you:
The beta 5.5 before being finalized for its official launch. He has most of the finished chars except Vegetto and Majin Vegeta.
Some stages are missing and the update of your viewer and screenpack are also missing.
Pre-battle dialogs and other details that will be in beta 6.0 are missing

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eha7zbuvg7ausy3/Beta_5.5.rar/file

only works unziping idk why

You could say that it is 85% complete for launch.
After beta 6.0 I will continue updating while I learn to improve the programming, fixing bugs and from time to time adding some extra and optional char to add to the roster

Then I download the beta 5.0 again, which is considerable as fullgame and upload it to mediafire so that they can download it but I realized that I do not have my copy at hand so possibly tomorrow I will
Help me i can't change profile picture!!!! D:
#24  December 18, 2020, 04:19:36 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Great and Thanks again!
#25  December 20, 2020, 09:58:40 pm
Super Buu plays very well! :D
#26  December 21, 2020, 05:09:25 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Dude, been playing with my brother, and it's pretty fun. It's got a really nice retro charm. Usually with Mugen remakes of old games I pay them no attention, but you've done a great job with this. CanĀ“t wait for the update.
And yeah, Super Buu is pretty great.

#27  December 21, 2020, 06:31:55 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
I am invested in the development of this project!
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#28  December 22, 2020, 07:42:39 am
    • Argentina
Thank you a lot to all of you guys!!! I will keep working to bring the best game I can for all of you
#29  December 24, 2020, 06:46:22 pm
    • Argentina
#30  December 24, 2020, 11:49:20 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I played again the old 5.0 version to compare.
I would like to do a feedback about the new version (super butouden style)

I think the select screen can be improved.
Since there is more slots, the big portraits can be moves a bit on the sides (?)

I think the SNES type graphics for characters is a good thing.
But about stages and musics, the base would be better with magadrive standard. (I know, my opinion is weird, but...)
Actually, I enjoyed more the stages with fitting musics in the 5.0.
It's also very good as well in newer version.
I really insist in the idea to have all stages from genesis with genesis fitting music.
And perhaps using the other musics for non genesis stages, for for any stages depending on the opponent.

Exemple genesis stage of tenkaichibudoukai. = a good fitting theme from genesis verision.
But if fighting Majin Buh in this stage, another music will play (?)

It's just that I would like all the music + stages from genesis to be into the game, then adding some other if needed.

Anyway, good luck with this very unique dbz 16bits based full game!
#31  December 25, 2020, 06:12:06 am
    • Argentina
I played again the old 5.0 version to compare.
I would like to do a feedback about the new version (super butouden style)

I think the select screen can be improved.
Since there is more slots, the big portraits can be moves a bit on the sides (?)

I think the SNES type graphics for characters is a good thing.
But about stages and musics, the base would be better with magadrive standard. (I know, my opinion is weird, but...)
Actually, I enjoyed more the stages with fitting musics in the 5.0.
It's also very good as well in newer version.
I really insist in the idea to have all stages from genesis with genesis fitting music.
And perhaps using the other musics for non genesis stages, for for any stages depending on the opponent.

Exemple genesis stage of tenkaichibudoukai. = a good fitting theme from genesis verision.
But if fighting Majin Buh in this stage, another music will play (?)

It's just that I would like all the music + stages from genesis to be into the game, then adding some other if needed.

Anyway, good luck with this very unique dbz 16bits based full game!

I just did that to separate them a little more SBuu MVegeta and Vegetto are like secret characters to make the roster cleaner, this may change later.

About the stages if the genesis stages are going to return with their ost included. but they will have changes in their textures so that they do not differ so much from those of Snes. Do not worry I keep the originals if they do not look as I wish

#32  December 25, 2020, 11:02:37 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Very good news avbout the stage work!!

Also, the select screen looks better now! Characters are well grouped in every row. make's sense!!
I'm OK with the idea of having other characters "hidden"
#33  December 25, 2020, 01:01:37 pm
Will Trunks have his sword attacks back? One of the older versions of this game had those.
#34  December 25, 2020, 04:14:28 pm
    • Argentina
#35  January 11, 2021, 04:53:57 pm
    • Argentina
I'm back to show a bit of the progress of the game. A new char: Normal Goku that will use SuperButouden1's moveset and custom sprites to avoid looking bad with other fighters. And the stages will have animations that simulate the passage of time during the battle, so as not to fill up with repeated stages with change of palette according to the schedule, now in a single stage there will be the noon and sunset versions of all the stages that have it. And as the last thing to add the victory quotes for now I got some of hyperdbz to test but I will surely change them for the final version.

Android saga Vegeta now has normal state by default and the saiyan armor skin on palettes 4-6 still can be the super saiyan form but in palettes 7-9

#36  January 11, 2021, 07:56:30 pm
    • Germany
Nice to see that your project is still making progress.

Mhhh not critic but something I always notice when someone is using SB1 Goku Hair to create a SB2/3 Base Goku, something looks always off for me, probably the shading or something.
#37  January 11, 2021, 10:02:06 pm
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/bn6ymdvllj9lf/Mugen_Stages
Also, the select screen looks better now! Characters are well grouped in every row. make's sense!!
I'm OK with the idea of having other characters "hidden"

Totally agree. Very good looking select screen. Could be nicier on Ikemen Go.
Thanks for your work.
#38  February 11, 2021, 02:34:34 pm
    • Argentina
Guys a question which do you think is better? use the system of selectable Skins from in the form of the color palettes or from the roster in the form of secondary chars? Experimenting with the System I found a way to hide the Skin Chars on the roster where you only notice that they are when you move the cursor.
Using the palette system makes the roster cleaner although it makes the chars files at least 3 times heavier for each skin with the advantage that they can appear in arcade mode if the AI can randomly choose palettes but hide the skins. Inside the roster it makes it easier and the chars files are not so heavy and in the victory screen an image will appear that corresponds to the skin used, not the default one, as the palette system would do, in case of using the second skins They would not appear in arcade mode so as not to saturate it with repetitive battles.

Without leaving the topic in question, would someone like to create skins to add to the game? It is not something vital but it would add variety the only condition is to respect the original sprites the rule with which I adhere to create this game with the only exception of adult Gohan because it is too big for what it should really be.
#39  February 11, 2021, 03:37:25 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Guys a question which do you think is better? use the system of selectable Skins from in the form of the color palettes or from the roster in the form of secondary chars? Experimenting with the System I found a way to hide the Skin Chars on the roster where you only notice that they are when you move the cursor.
Using the palette system makes the roster cleaner although it makes the chars files at least 3 times heavier for each skin with the advantage that they can appear in arcade mode if the AI can randomly choose palettes but hide the skins. Inside the roster it makes it easier and the chars files are not so heavy and in the victory screen an image will appear that corresponds to the skin used, not the default one, as the palette system would do, in case of using the second skins They would not appear in arcade mode so as not to saturate it with repetitive battles.

Without leaving the topic in question, would someone like to create skins to add to the game? It is not something vital but it would add variety the only condition is to respect the original sprites the rule with which I adhere to create this game with the only exception of adult Gohan because it is too big for what it should really be.

This skin system is very interesting!
This Trunks design from Bojack OAV is great looking!
#40  February 11, 2021, 03:42:29 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Well If it makes it easier and more practical, the roster seems like the way to go, I would prefer it by selecting palettes, but you gave some good reasons to go for the other