YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2179027 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 AM
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12361  April 16, 2020, 06:20:32 PM
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Another webtoon gets an anime
#12362  April 24, 2020, 01:16:36 AM
  • Semi-Retired
  • Dab on a senpai
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - king.of.ahipara
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/

Cells at Work Code Black getting an adaptation for next year.
Screenpacks | Lifebars | Stages | Logos | Palettes
#12363  May 29, 2020, 04:31:33 PM
  • [E]
    • Mexico
shingeki tu madre s04 trailer;

studio confirmed as mappa, and while potentially inferior to wit, at least a debacle like opm seasons 02 is very unlikely to happen.

#12364  June 12, 2020, 01:32:08 AM
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
2nd season of Re:Zero is coming this July.

My first impressions of this anime for the first 15 minutes was that it's gonna be Konosuba 2.0 with Subaru being Kazuma 2.0. Boy was I wrong. Re:Zero is pretty much the 'Groundhog's Day' of isekai anime but offers so much when it comes to plot twists and character development. The main protagonist goes through so much from PTSD to CPTSD, depression and surprisingly a nervous breakdown. It has drama, love, action, D&D themes, fantasy and comedy done right and at the same time keeps you guessing. This is truly a gem among gems of isekai anime. If you're looking for something different and at the same time entertaining this is the anime for you.  ;)

SILVER said:
Saberblade, you're so full of yourself. Your quotes in your signature are like a self circle jerk. Its sad that you put so much emphasis on what the stupid members here say.
Tuxedo Biccy said:
You shut your mouth, Sarblade, we can have truth and facts interrupting our dystopia fanfics. :P
#12365  June 12, 2020, 05:20:42 PM
it's pretty much a serious version of konosuba , both creators are drinking buddies i read somewhere they both wrote their stories while sharing ideas in one of their infamous drinking nights.
#12366  June 26, 2020, 09:57:08 AM
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Is Neko from K Project the cattiest anime cat girl ever? If not, any other contenders?

I can't help but feel Belle Delphine took inspiration from Neko.  :catgoi:

SILVER said:
Saberblade, you're so full of yourself. Your quotes in your signature are like a self circle jerk. Its sad that you put so much emphasis on what the stupid members here say.
Tuxedo Biccy said:
You shut your mouth, Sarblade, we can have truth and facts interrupting our dystopia fanfics. :P
#12367  June 26, 2020, 04:37:35 PM
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Neko is a strong contender, but hanekawa is the most popular.
The OG catgirl was shampoo, tho; but she predates this so much she has an actual cat form and human form an no hybrid form... and the cat girl in masou gakuen is just hnng, even if she is a fake.
#12368  July 01, 2020, 12:17:08 AM
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
This sure is one long product placement for a movie teaser.

Lots of fans complaining how her henshin is pretty much a copy paste of the 90's and it looking like it has choppy animation too. I'm pretty sure they'll still watch it.  :bjugoi:

SILVER said:
Tuxedo Biccy said:
#12369  July 01, 2020, 01:25:48 AM
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
That's an odd thing to complain about seeing Crystal's deviation on its art and how awkward it looked in the first two seasons was its main outcry and the third smoothed things out for the better, but the original 90's series was still the preferred look.  I mean heck, the freaking Universal Studios Japan ride tried to match the 90's show more than new Crystal at the time.

Is this still going to be their odd attempt at the anime's season this time being LotR-levels of content stuffed into each movie, around 3 hour per movie?  I actually think I don't know any anime movies that long, if that's still the game plan after all these years?  Such an odd project this whole season of Crystal is, it still would have made a lot more sense to me to save this for their coverage of Sailor Stars, the finale.  Because now they need to find some way to top this stunt when they get to that point.  I mean...I GUESS they could just continue on and only making passing mention of the movies, somewhat like Dragon Ball Super did with stuff post-Broly movie, so it happened but isn't mandatory....but doing something like that completely defeats the point of this Crystal anime series even existing to be more canon to the manga.

Anyways, the clip still looks good and modern....nothing new or out of the ordinary, par for the course.  I still prefer the 90's aethetic....but welcome to literally all of anime.  Not much to be gained by bemoaning about it.
Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:29:17 AM by Long John Killer