Share this topic:
Re: Auction alert
#381  February 12, 2020, 06:45:17 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
These are the ones i warmed about. If they still with that crap, i'll not go easy on them for now.
And the only reason i posted these MUGEN content or compilations that many channels post before with adfly or site in the link, it's clearly to made people download that stuff by clicking directly in the download link, exactly to made people safe of this adfly shit, not to support these other channels. If it was for that logic i would put adfly shit in my links, thing that i will never do!

EDIT: Anyway Rurouni, sent you PM.

And what makes me even more pissed is that still idiot that buying it!

Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:34:46 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#382  February 13, 2020, 03:06:01 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
It's not "that" logic, I said those guys were making money with adfly, not you.
On the other hand, there will still be a lot of people paying for MUGEN, not everyone knows the engine, and sometimes, even though they have already heard about it, they have no idea how it works. Just remember the case in the "Mercado Livre", some people actually bought the game TQH0 that was sold for that scum. Bandits take advantage of any opportunity.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#383  February 13, 2020, 05:24:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, some people think it's worth paying 20 usd or so for the effort of compiling a game even if the compilator did nothing else. You can't really argue against them; I mean, you tell them "you can compile the game" and they will reply " and waste several hours? I just want to play"
#384  February 13, 2020, 06:59:39 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Oh, god.
Please tell me that screenshot is photoshopped.

How dare they prey on the innocent and sell them a free game?

and BTW, how on earth did you get a hold of that conversation?
#385  February 14, 2020, 06:26:30 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
#386  February 14, 2020, 07:41:45 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
#387  February 25, 2020, 05:12:05 pm
  • Wowzers!
I'm lost at what y'all don't want ppl to make a profit from their time coding with mugen.

pls help me understand.
#388  February 25, 2020, 05:15:39 pm
  • SNK is life
Sure, people can be commissioned for making new sprites, or for coding new characters in a certain style :beam:
... But it has to be their new, original work, not just profit by modifying existing free content.

Compilations are literally just putting lots of free stuff available on the internet in 1 bag, and putting a price tag on them. They didn't do anything new, of value, original.

This is why people discourage compilations - They kill the free, community spirit of Mugen.

#389  February 25, 2020, 05:26:52 pm
  • Wowzers!
as a person who does lots of other creative things... thats how creation works. take what is and make more or new... I think there should be a tier of some sort. cause yes I've dled some horrid builds but MK project type work should be paid for or at the very least supplemented in some way. Time is money. ppl waste money all the time. whats $5 - $10 from supporters gonna do to the community?

and why do yall hate on RetroVersus so much?
#390  February 25, 2020, 05:36:49 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

AceMillion was/is making people donate to him for access to a premium version of his overly hyped compilation with 'Moleboxed' edits of other's work, both characters and stages, it was originally free and was still hated on back then.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#391  February 25, 2020, 05:44:34 pm
  • Wowzers!

AceMillion was/is making people donate to him for access to a premium version of his overly hyped compilation with 'Moleboxed' edits of other's work, both characters and stages, it was originally free and was still hated on back then.

I love how you skipped everything else I typed and only addressed this.... makes me wonder...
#392  February 25, 2020, 06:28:13 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Walt already gave you a suitable answer and you just skipped over it to basically say "its ok, because they took the time to steal other peoples work"

I suggest you give this up early. You're not gonna find anyone here sympathetic to a charlatan like AceMillion.
#393  February 25, 2020, 06:34:41 pm
  • Wowzers!
Walt already gave you a suitable answer and you just skipped over it to basically say "its ok, because they took the time to steal other peoples work"

I suggest you give this up early. You're not gonna find anyone here sympathetic to a charlatan like AceMillion.

I addressed what he said. and asked more questions... expecting an insightful discussion on the subject...

#394  February 25, 2020, 06:39:18 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Theres no insight to glean from this conversation beyond what Walt said. The concept of being paid to repackage other peoples work is a detriment to the free/open source nature of MUGEN. If Elecbyte was still around, it would be in fact illegal to sell "fullgames" "builds" or "compilations" as it violates the software's original license.

5 to 10 dollars isn't a lot. This comes down to principle. I really don't care if gullible people get scammed by people selling MUGEN builds. That doesn't mean the people scamming shouldn't be called out. Especially when they're using other people's work. Ace Million took the work of the HDBZ team, who put countless hours into developing their characters as a passion project, and moleboxed them into a "premium build" he then tried to sell. It's scumbag behavior.
#395  February 25, 2020, 07:04:09 pm
  • Wowzers!
so the fact its being sold. and using original sprites of non original characters and moleboxed is bad. everything else about it is OK?
#396  February 25, 2020, 07:17:21 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
actually nothing about it is ok because theyre selling other peoples work. but im not going to engage you anymore cause you're selectively disregarding parts of my argument and its annoying. find something else to do.
#397  February 25, 2020, 07:33:16 pm
  • Wowzers!
as a supporter of mugen and a creator I was on the side of not selling it simple cuz it would be to hard not because of any of what the thread has said.

but just like there are tuts to show how to build mugen there's should be tuts on monetizing and / or getting support just so the fans can get more of what THEY want....

the reason I support RetroVersus is cause I'm a fan. no other build is like it. just like TERRORDROM ppl want it and are willing to support it...

#398  February 25, 2020, 07:42:45 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
What part of "he is using other people's works" you don't understand? Also, you're not supporting him, you're buying something that should be free. Donations should be optional, and that's not the case here, you need to donate in order to get the build, which is the same as buying so it's not a donation anymore.
#399  February 25, 2020, 07:48:25 pm
  • SNK is life
Ok, I'll humor this. Let's extrapolate here un0mic!

Imagine that "Time is money" and all time is super valuable. What would NIKE had to say if you spent your time creating Sneakers knock offs in your living room? "It's just fabric, plastic, and a drawing of a checkmark". Someone sure would pay for the time you spent. What do you think Nike would have to say about that? You think they'd appreciate it? (Legal action aside). You didn't create nothing, you'd be effectively riding on the coat tails of Nike putting in the work, creating a brand, reputation, recognition, etc.

People in MUGEN put in the work. They study source games, create problem solving techniques and workarounds for the implementation of moves and playstyles. They create their own brand and trends ("POTS Style", "Warusaki Style", ADD004 Style). These people are the Creators, not the dude who put them in a package. Compilators don't build a brand, or make a product, they're basically the dudes at the end of the register who put the groceries in the bags.

Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 07:56:08 pm by walt
#400  February 25, 2020, 08:05:47 pm
  • Wowzers!
What part of "he is using other people's works" you don't understand? Also, you're not supporting him, you're buying something that should be free. Donations should be optional, and that's not the case here, you need to donate in order to get the build, which is the same as buying so it's not a donation anymore.

Donations are optional. full build you have to donate a certain amount. everything everyone does is using other ppls work... we are all constantly standing on the shoulders of those b4 us.... with everything we do.

and a donation is just that. its not a profit if the time is being used to build more.