YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837380 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)
#4041  April 30, 2022, 11:39:25 pm
Nah, it's pretty clear that Gargantos is a stand-in for Shuma Gorath because they can't use him, but unless he has the same power scale and importance in the universe, it's not really Shuma Gorath. We'll just treat Gargantos as a wink for those who know, one of countless easter eggs that Marvel peppers everywhere before deciding a decade later which ones will pan out and which ones remain just a wink. That's the whole reason the entire MCU has been so successful.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4042  May 01, 2022, 09:19:45 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Next week still needs to resolve a bunch of stuff even if it just opens up into new stories. Loki still answered all its questions on the heart of the TVA, MK still needs to end this current arc.
I suspect we'll get something like this:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

https://screenrant.com/shuma-gorath-new-name-doctor-strange-2-conan/

Should we start calling him by the new name in MUGEN too?
Literally everything in that link is speculation. Marvel has put out Shuma Gorath merch under that very name, with no issue before.

So yeah, the stand-in theory is best. It sure does seem like it's just gonna be a generic monster (indeed, Strange is handling it pretty easily in the footage that's been released).
#4043  May 04, 2022, 03:10:01 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just watched Dr. Strange Multiverse Of Madness. Surprised it gets a few ideas from both Fox's Legion and The Gifted just executed differently.

Overall the fan service feels forced at times but it's not as laughably bad as Resident Evil 5. Best part would have to be the fight scenes. Still think Ant-Man 2 is the best MCU film.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4044  May 04, 2022, 03:43:13 pm
    • Brazil
Question:
#4045  May 04, 2022, 04:31:17 pm
Nope.
Spoiler: My take on the movie (click to see content)

edit for Moon Knight 6
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 12:12:38 am by Byakko
#4046  May 04, 2022, 10:06:35 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Question:
sailormoongalaxy said:
#4047  May 18, 2022, 03:11:01 pm
She-Hulk trailer is out
Shrek-looking CGI are super weird, the princess carry scene looks straight out of one of those garbage zombie puzzle mobile game ad. But Tim Roth is there, a quick view of Jameela Jamil's Titania, superhuman I.C.E Nazi police obviously, and apparently Wong will be there too, plus the other cameos rumored since it was announced. I think I saw something say 9 episodes ?

Hm, I'm thinking it'll be funny if Wong and Banner turn out to be good buddies now, since the Shang-Chi scene and with Abomination.

Thor 4 : More Thor
Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 04:32:46 pm by Byakko
#4048  July 14, 2022, 07:20:39 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Spoiler: Ms.Marvel ending (click to see content)

Honestly the whole series should have been a standalone movie rather than 6 episodes but that is just me.
#4049  July 14, 2022, 09:45:52 pm
Spoiler: Ms Marvel tease (click to see content)
#4050  July 14, 2022, 10:37:45 pm
    • USA
Thor Four:
I really liked it, like easily the best post-Endgame movie. And shit, I think it's better than Infinity War and Endgame too (which I honestly don't care for that much). I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Ragnarok, but I think it does a really good job adapting the Gorr the God Butcher arc and Jane as Thor arc and melding them into a single story that also makes sense given the previous movies.

In other words, I can't really call it a great movie, but it is pretty good, and doesn't make any major, catastrophically misguided adaptation choices that so many other recent MCU projects have fallen into the trap of making.

Ms. Marvel:
pretty OK show; all the civilian stuff and family history was really, really well done. It's just that the origin of her powers and the villains especially feels... pretty misguided and really under-cooked.

#4051  July 15, 2022, 11:33:51 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Spoiler: Ms Marvel tease (click to see content)

Spoiler: Ms. Marvel (click to see content)
#4052  July 24, 2022, 05:17:34 pm
Comic Con happened. Multiverse Saga announced.

Phase 4
She-Hulk trailer has Daredevil's red and yellow suit at the very end. Also, Wong again.
Wakanda Forever trailer : end of Phase 4. T'Challa's mother is the queen, Mbaku is probably the next Panther (or the next ruler of Wakanda ?), but Shuri likely takes over the Panther later. T'Challa's son is born, and the blue whale-riding people are descendants of the Maya. Doom is expected to be hinted as heading the soldier villains, and there's also an Ironheart introduction (just Riri on the forge, no armor).
Phase 5
Quantumania : February. I saw a poster with what is presumably Cassie in costume with Ant-Man and Wasp, but I'm not completely sure it's a real poster.
Secret Invasion : Spring. Apparently there was a trailer shown or something, it will not be made public, but Everett Ross is confirmed to be in it.
Guardians 3 : May. Possibly a teaser was shown, but not made public.
Echo : Summer. Daredevil confirmed.
Loki season 2 : Summer
The Marvels : July
Blade : November
Ironheart : Fall
Agatha Coven of Chaos : Winter
Daredevil Born Again : Spring. 18 episodes announced ! I'm wondering if that's because they don't need all the CGI like everything else so they're going ham on it. (Speaking of CGI, I just hope they hire more people instead of the talks about overworking their studios that have been going around lately, it's not like they don't have the money)
Captain America New World Order : May. Who knows if the title is another fake-out, like when they claimed that CA3 would be Serpent Society but then became Civil War.
Thunderbolts : July. Presumably the fallout of the "New World Order" with, most likely, Val at the head of said new order. Also the end of Phase 5, so it's really taking the spot of an Avengers movie while there's no new Avengers team formed ??
Phase 6
Fantastic Four : November
Multiple unrevealed spots in Fall, Fall, Winter, Winter, Spring, Spring
Avengers Kang Dynasty : May 2025
Two more unrevealed spots in Summer
Avengers Secret Wars : November. Same year as Kang Dynasty, yes.

The cartoons (X-Men '97, Spider-Man Freshman Year, Marvel Zombies...) are not included in that list but some stuff was shown, and Spider-Man has Amadeus Cho, Nico Robin, Chameleon, comics haircut Doc Ock,  and Norman Osborn taking Stark's spot in May's living room, so it's definitely an alternate Earth, and the cartoons are probably all outside MCU's 616. Apparently Marvel Zombies will include post-WandaVision Wanda ?? And Simu Liu's Shang Chi is in Zombies too, with one zombified arm but everything else is fine. The guy working on Armor Wars went on Twitter to say don't worry, Armor Wars is still on, so it's probably one of the Phase 6 spots.
There's a couple more trademark leaks, like Captain America Red White and Black which shares the name of an Isaiah Bradley comics run, and Nomad, but those could be red herrings to fuck with us, so who knows if there will be limited series about Isaiah and / or Bucky as Nomad.
Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 05:49:05 pm by Byakko
#4053  August 14, 2022, 02:27:56 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
Apparently Marvel's had talks with Giancarlo Esposito about playing

I am trying to stay positive about some of the news. Looking forward to Daredevil and Blade. Black Panther 2 could be good. Haven't enjoyed the last few projects but things can turn around. Rumors of
Well, the original series is on Disney Plus so i'll stay optimistic about it. Fantastic Four could be good but im worried about the casting of that.

In the end i have received a lot of enjoyment from the MCU and can't complain too much if it ends up time for me to move on. Can't enjoy all things forever.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#4054  August 14, 2022, 03:35:30 am
  • mooghen
    • USA

I am trying to stay positive about some of the news. Looking forward to Daredevil and Blade. Black Panther 2 could be good. Haven't enjoyed the last few projects but things can turn around. Rumors of
Well, the original series is on Disney Plus so i'll stay optimistic about it. Fantastic Four could be good but im worried about the casting of that.

In the end i have received a lot of enjoyment from the MCU and can't complain too much if it ends up time for me to move on. Can't enjoy all things forever.

regarding your comments on giancarlo playing prof. x, i don't think it's a matter of "pandering" specifically, but rather he's renowned for playing characters who are intellectually cunning and powerful, in control of most situations (gus in breaking bad, stanley in the boys). his characters usually border on arrogance and he's also great at playing men losing their control (gus in s6 of better call saul). i personally think he would play a fantastic prof. x but thats just my opinion.

since its' early days, x-men as a concept has been intertwined with the civil rights movement and the struggles of marginalized peoples, so i personally don't see anything wrong with casting people of color as prof. x/magneto. and you're right on with hoping feige and co. use the full scope of mutants in the mcu. imo i don’t wanna see wolverine anything for at the very least the first "mutants" movie.
#4055  August 14, 2022, 03:38:40 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

As much as I enjoyed both Dr. Strange 2 and Thor 4 I'm really worried about the quality for the next films. It's reaching Resident Evil: Retribution's ridiculous fan service. The mid and end credit scenes aren't getting me excited anymore.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#4056  August 14, 2022, 04:06:21 am
    • USA

As much as I enjoyed both Dr. Strange 2 and Thor 4 I'm really worried about the quality for the next films. It's reaching Resident Evil: Retribution's ridiculous fan service. The mid and end credit scenes aren't getting me excited anymore.

regarding your comments on giancarlo playing prof. x, i don't think it's a matter of "pandering" specifically, but rather he's renowned for playing characters who are intellectually cunning and powerful, in control of most situations (gus in breaking bad, stanley in the boys). his characters usually border on arrogance and he's also great at playing men losing their control (gus in s6 of better call saul). i personally think he would play a fantastic prof. x but thats just my opinion.

since its' early days, x-men as a concept has been intertwined with the civil rights movement and the struggles of marginalized peoples, so i personally don't see anything wrong with casting people of color as prof. x/magneto. and you're right on with hoping feige and co. use the full scope of mutants in the mcu. imo i don’t wanna see wolverine anything for at the very least the first "mutants" movie.

I could argue that the civil rights angle was just happenstance, i mean the idea for the X-Men came about because Stan Lee was tired of coming up with different ways of characters getting powers. Even if that wasn't the case there are plenty of diverse characters in the X-Men, plenty of "Representation" if that's your main objective. No need to change an established characters race, then what stops them from changing other parts of the character. It's not needed in my opinion and seeing their recent history leads me to believe it's all for the wrong reasons. Plus, if you want to shine light on a diverse character, do it with an actual one. This just feels kinda like black/white/whatever race washing when you do it this way. Especially when you have an entire large roster to work with.

Yes, it's like they are treating all the characters as jokes or switching their personalities to fit the current narrative whether it makes sense or not and not even doing it in a creative way.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#4057  August 14, 2022, 04:07:46 am
Yeah, they've admitted that the credit scenes were more closed off than what we were used to, but they'll be returning to using them to set up the following arc very soon. BP2 should be the beginning of that (and if the rumors are correct about who BP2 is introducing, that post credit scene is going to be crazy).

Netflix Wesker was fucking hilarious because it just wasn't him at all. Being Black was completely irrelevant - it was a decent character, but using that name was total nonsense. In the case of the X-Men, it'll be weird because Magneto is so deeply tied to WW2 and the Jewish condition, connecting that to the plight of the mutants, but there's no way Marvel will pull off reconnecting the modern mutants to WW2 and that part of human history. Using the Black condition to tell the same story is the very easy solution, but at the same time, it's something that everybody will immediately understand, because it's a very similar story. What other minority can you use to tell this story in 2028 ? Magneto is probably not going to be jewish from WW2, and surely he's not going to be a random white dude because holy fuck that'll instantly make him RepubliKKKan with the persecution fetish. This isn't a matter of representation here, this isn't about pandering, this is about making the viewer understand where the Magnetos of the mutant world are coming from.
Think for a second.
It's gonna be a tough sell to have a Black dude fighting for the liberation of his brothers, opposite another Black dude saying "we can chose peace and live with the White Man, brother !" , but if there's one guy who can pull it off...
(IF all that is true, anyway, obviously)
Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:23:07 am by Byakko
#4058  August 14, 2022, 05:05:56 am
    • USA
I get where you're coming from but do we really trust Marvel right now to handle the nuance needed to even handle this situation. Also, literally making Magneto and Prof X black would be so on the nose it wouldn't be funny and honestly would take away from it in my eyes. Because regardless of the allusions X-Men had, they were a team of diverse members brought together. The white people included lol.

They weren't just a singular race but they were a giant family. Mixed with different races, nations and creeds. Also, contrary to popular belief a lot of us are tired of being shown the "black condition" or racism, slavery, discrimination analogs directly connected to us. Black people are way more than that. Sometimes we just want to see the Master of Magnet or Wolverine get down and if anything besides Storm and probably before Bishop, Wolverine was probably the blackest member of the team to us lol.

I don't know, i just see them mucking this up and turning this into some, white man bad, all minorities perfect and life ain't that simple. Who am i fooling, they are definitely going to do this. Lol.

#4059  August 14, 2022, 07:03:37 am
    • USA
I don't really see the issue with Professor X being black. Also, black people can in fact be Jewish!

But I very seriously doubt Marvel would be interested in changing much with regards to Magneto.  Even with all the uncertainty about how exactly they'll be incorporating mutants into the MCU, I don't think they'd be that dumb as to change something so charged and meaningful as Magneto's backstory. Plus the age thing is an issue that could be easily addressed in just a couple of lines, with many different solutions available. It barely even would require much creativity! It could even be something as simple as "Magneto's powers cause him to age slower because something something magnets".

The mutant metaphor is a hugely crucial piece of what makes X-Men so powerful (and popular), but contrary to what Stan Lee loved to claim, it was simply not at all present in those original X-Men books (that stuff he said about Professor X and Magneto being based on MLK and Malcolm X respectively is similarly 100% untrue, and also is honestly insanely insulting to both men). That lack of the mutant metaphor is one of the reasons X-Men was one of the only Marvel books that got cancelled in the 60s, because there wasn't much there there. It wasn't until the Chris Claremont run, 15 years later, that all of the big mainstays that people associate with X-Men (including the metaphor of mutants as a marginalized minority) started to take shape.
#4060  August 14, 2022, 09:51:06 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Genosha  would be the perfect place to persecute and imprison mutants. No need for Magneto to be in World War 2. It's time they take that out of the equation.

I would love to see Cassandra Nova be the next major X-Men villain and have her be the mastermind of nuking the whole island as she was in the comics.
sailormoongalaxy said: