YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441918 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: updates updates updates
#6121  May 20, 2020, 02:33:10 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:45:15 am by Godlike Emerie
#6122  May 20, 2020, 02:38:04 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6123  May 20, 2020, 02:54:23 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
02. Cool!

03. I'm talking about the SFA Bison. It's perfect, I can't find it anywhere. Ya'll know where I can find Cammy and Juni's small port from SFA3?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

#6124  May 20, 2020, 03:29:59 am
    • USA
03. I'm talking about the SFA Bison. It's perfect, I can't find it anywhere. Ya'll know where I can find Cammy and Juni's small port from SFA3?

Not to be a dick, but this is a WIP thread, not a request thread. Please use the correct topic for your needs.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#6125  May 20, 2020, 04:32:25 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
-CozySquirtle

Oops. :jackie:

-Jmorphman

Sorry for a going of topic, dude.
Emerie's MUGEN Content

#6126  May 21, 2020, 04:32:53 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Still unsure of how to approach the crazy kick -> overhead thing.

In SF2 (and my old version of Ken) you could combo into it, but every other time the crazy kicks have shown up, the overhead has more startup and thus P2 recovers before it hits. That doesn't make it worthless, of course.

Right now I have it so that it still combos, like it did in the old version, but IDK if I should keep it. It also looks kinda weird as an animation because it had to be sped up in order to combo.

DW

#6127  May 21, 2020, 05:27:51 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
At first I was thrown off a bit by this, as it doesn't combo in CvS2. Though I've actually gotten used to it now and feels very "BnB" for me now. I'm on the side of keeping it.
#6128  May 21, 2020, 06:31:05 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
If it doesn't combo then the overhead bit becomes a mixup if the opponent is blocking. You could (for example) let the player cancel out of that overhead by spending meter, which adds a bit of strategy.
#6129  May 22, 2020, 03:15:29 am
    • USA
At first I was thrown off a bit by this, as it doesn't combo in CvS2. Though I've actually gotten used to it now and feels very "BnB" for me now. I'm on the side of keeping it.
He has better BnB's, though!

If it doesn't combo then the overhead bit becomes a mixup if the opponent is blocking.
Yeah, that's basically been its function when its appeared outside of SFII.

The other issue is that I also changed his LK crazy kick to hit twice (this one), again matching SFII (subsequent games have it hit only once), but I'm really not feeling that this time around: it just feels awkward and looks weird.

As a reminder, here's the MK one: which has always done two hits. The HK one is Ryu's far HK and knocks down on hit, so it's not really relevant right now. Anyways, the whole reason the LK "needs" to hit twice is because of the overhead kick combos: for every one of the crazy kicks, the point at which the cancel into the overhead kick happens immediately after the first frame with an active hitbox, so that if you were doing the MK kick -> overhead, you'd only get two hits in, because the MK kick hits once and then cancels into the overhead.

Which is where the issue lies: if the LK only does a single one hit (and assuming the overhead cancel combos) , then you'd be able to get the full amount of damage from the LK version and also get that extra overhead hit. Meanwhile you'd only get a fraction of the damage of the MK kick if you canceled it into the overhead, because the MK version has to spread its total damage across the two hits. Which just seems like it would make the LK version obviously superior in every aspect, and that was already true in CvS2! Compared to the LK kick, the MK version has absolute shit range, absurdly bad frame data (-8 on hit!!!! and the LK version is +3!?!?!?!?!?), and does only a piddling amount more damage than the LK one.

I've made a lot of steps to try and buff the MK version (it moves Ken forward a fairly large amount in addition to having way better range on his hitboxes, as well being -2 on hit and block), but even with all those buffs, having the LK version do a single hit while also being able to combo into the overhead seemed like a step too far.

So right now I'm kinda leaning on axing the combo, and making LK hit only once. And it's not like the overhead cancel is useless if it doesn't combo! It's still a mixup!
#6130  May 22, 2020, 08:00:15 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Dropping a few palettes for Violent Ken.

USFII

Three "Evil" palettes.

Can't wait to see what gets changed from Ken here.
#6131  May 24, 2020, 02:08:33 am
    • USA
Thanks for the palettes TotalDramaXtremist and Project.13!

I decided to completely change the Violent Ken vs. Evil Ryu intro because it was really lackluster.

They basically just warp in from their respective opposite side of the screen. I was originally gonna have them clash in the middle, maybe have the screen fade to black and throw in some hit sparks to represent the clash, but I focused first on making sure they warped in off screen and got to their start positions correctly. I was planning on adding all the clashing elements after that, but then I kinda felt like maybe it wasn't needed. Plus, the Akuma vs. Evil Ryu intro already does something similar (they warp in off screen, meeting in the middle and do an SGS on the other, fading the screen to black and causing a bunch of hitsparks to appear, but they both fail and instead get pushed back to their start positions).

So yeah, this one is a bit simple, but it's also unique and still looks cool. I guess I'll just keep it this way.
#6132  May 24, 2020, 05:43:33 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I always thought Violent Ken needed some sort of special intro vs. Evil Ryu. I'm glad that you did this.
#6133  May 24, 2020, 08:43:17 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I know this might sound crazy, just hear me out. How about when your evil Ken takes damage, over the period of time. He begins to slowly glow red or have a pulse effect. He then turns to an mode to where he takes damage. Still he has a boost in his damage on offense. It only last for a sort time. Kind of a last minute,come back opportunity. I don't know, just food for thought. Lol
#6134  May 26, 2020, 01:38:25 am
    • USA
I'm not sure that fits in with the style I'm going for.
#6135  May 26, 2020, 02:13:48 am
    • USA
I know this might sound crazy, just hear me out. How about when your evil Ken takes damage, over the period of time. He begins to slowly glow red or have a pulse effect. He then turns to an mode to where he takes damage. Still he has a boost in his damage on offense. It only last for a sort time. Kind of a last minute,come back opportunity. I don't know, just food for thought. Lol

I think you should atleast make him Pulsating Red for his secret move that your gonna add
#6136  May 28, 2020, 09:41:29 pm
  • Im a Newb
hi.

Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:19:35 am by Trill Cosby
#6137  May 29, 2020, 08:47:39 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
^Talk about a ghost from the past. Old g sup and good pal, as usual.
#6138  June 07, 2020, 05:08:49 am
    • USA
Thanks for the palettes!

One thing I had struggled with in older versions of Ken were the Shippu Jinraikyaku supers, and the SFIV Ultra 1: they never quite felt right to me. CvS2's rendition of Shippu Jinraikyaku was pretty weird (the final tatsu hits especially!), and there was an additional hurdle to clear in that it was level 3 only: I never found a way to turn that into two fully satisfying level 1 and level 2 versions.

But that has changed, as this video should show: https://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/images/wipthread/Kensolution.mp4

When I added in the SFIII mode way back when, I made that version's level 2 act as the super does in SFIII, and then just took off a few of the final tatsu hits at the end for the level 1 version, and that worked out really well! So I applied the same kind of thinking to the normal mode Shippu: the level 2 version is a slightly modified version of the CvS2 version (with some touches from SFIII), and the level 1 version similarly removes a few of the final tatsu hits.

Meanwhile, the SFIV Ultra 1 has way better timing and movement, and just feels way snappier to look at. I even figured out a way to have the opponent stay in the same place, instead of being pushed forward during the rapid hit/ranbu section! That bothered me quite a bit back when I revamped the move for the first time with Balthazar's new sprites.
#6139  June 07, 2020, 11:54:04 am
This looks so good.
You even moved the hyper orb thing down to his leg  :P
I like how it snaps to the op  and it looks so satisfying to pull off.
#6140  June 07, 2020, 12:55:42 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Shippu looks kinda 'weak' compared to the original.
The "Orararara" voice could play a lil' earlier too but that's just my thought.
These 2 lines may just be because I'm a sucker for the original version though.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update