YesNoOk

[Billow Pods] what in the hell?? (Read 1200 times)

Started by #Shaun, January 07, 2008, 03:27:41 pm
Share this topic:
[Billow Pods] what in the hell??
#1  January 07, 2008, 03:27:41 pm
  • corner push pusher
It was the only name I could come up with to describe.....these  o_O:

Billow Pod shot #1
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Billow Pod shot #2

Billow Pod shot #3

I visited my grandmother's house yesterday and saw a lot of these growing in her backyard. I thought they were eggs until I took a stick and busted one open...its like a califlower-type material inside it. Whatever fungus it is, it has to go. Immediately. I haven't been able to find out exactly what it is or how to ultimately kill it online yet....hoping maybe someone here could offer some advice?

JDD

Re: [Billow Pods] what in the hell??
#2  January 07, 2008, 09:56:26 pm
I think they're ALIEN EGGS! Quick, destroy them with fire before they hatch, jump into your body and take control of you!
#3  January 07, 2008, 10:00:13 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
I'd say ask someone who knows alot about biology. If you got a collage close by just send those pictures to a plant biologist.

Personally I don't know the exact name.
#4  January 07, 2008, 10:55:36 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
The best way to kill them is to water the lawn less frequently and let the soil dry out between waterings,  if you try to extract them they'll just grow back from the roots.  Alternatively, don't apply any organic fertilizer to the lawn or new mulch until they die out by themselves.

Oh you want them gone immediately?  Flamethrower time.  (Pulls out a Zippo)
#5  January 07, 2008, 11:01:28 pm
  • I HAS NO BUCKETZ, BUT I DO HAS MUDKIPZ LULUL
They are edible if the spores are not made already, they're called "Puff-Balls" like a Jigglypuff or Kirby xD
but yeah it's a fungi, to get rid of it, you should pull up any organic material surrounding them and pick the puffball out, but do NOT break it open, that will release more spores.