YesNoOk

FeLo & Co (Read 588552 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 04, 2010, 03:30:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: FeLo & Co
#481  May 29, 2021, 07:53:08 pm
That sweep looks so familiar DAAAAAAAAAAMN IT .. is it Urien/ Gill ?
Kinda looks like it..

Awesome job as usual Felo.
Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 08:01:05 pm by PeXXeR
#482  May 30, 2021, 12:12:52 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
That sweep looks so familiar DAAAAAAAAAAMN IT .. is it Urien/ Gill ?
Kinda looks like it..

Awesome job as usual Felo.

I had the same feeling. Gill/Urien.
Also looks a bit like Jimmy/Billy from ROTD
#483  May 30, 2021, 02:12:14 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Exactly, guys. That kick comes from Urien/Gill. I hinted it here:
Also, converting big, muscular guys into Ash is not just only a challenge

The CMP is, by the way sprited from a slim guy with big sprites. Oh, and just used one of Remy's arm as reference in one of the latest frames :P!

Have a nice day!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#484  October 02, 2021, 01:55:56 am
Hi there, it's been time. I've been completing Ash and more stuff has been done. I'm working in cosmetic stuff(intros etc), but I'd like to announce that I'm lazy-converting Shiki. Nearly all the basics(walk, stand, jump, etc) is finished. I mean, lazy ocnvertingbecause I'm not resizing her at all, just reshading the whole thing for quicker translation and for a more solid result. I'm using the CSed sheet 2Dee4Ever did and the only "new" thing I'm adding are the black bands in her arms(as in SS2020).

Have a nice day!
#485  October 03, 2021, 02:23:17 pm
  • Some stuff, Skyrim, Doom, RE3, amateur pixelartist
Hi there, it's been time. I've been completing Ash and more stuff has been done. I'm working in cosmetic stuff(intros etc), but I'd like to announce that I'm lazy-converting Shiki. Nearly all the basics(walk, stand, jump, etc) is finished. I mean, lazy ocnvertingbecause I'm not resizing her at all, just reshading the whole thing for quicker translation and for a more solid result. I'm using the CSed sheet 2Dee4Ever did and the only "new" thing I'm adding are the black bands in her arms(as in SS2020).

Have a nice day!

Hmmm... Why would you need to change if you were to re-scale Shiki? (Just out of curiosity)
And how many frames to convert in this project?
#486  October 09, 2021, 01:35:44 pm

Hmmm... Why would you need to change if you were to re-scale Shiki? (Just out of curiosity)
And how many frames to convert in this project?

I'm using the SvC's sheet, which does not have the same proportions as in CvS. I'm directly shading above it because it's quickier and to apply the correct size we always can use the code to do it.

Also, there's still 450 frames to do, so once I finish the basics(I'm currently with the run, which comes from NGBC and I'm applying 2Dee's CS to it AND resize to match the whole sheet) I'll go for the BOOOOORING as Hell gethits. I don't know how to do nice GIFs, so... :(
#487  October 18, 2021, 01:16:14 am
So, basic stuff is finished. Time to going forward to the gethits!!

Converting the run from NGBC to CvS was a small Hell. Not just the CS, there were a lot of missing details and stuff lazily done.

Have a nice day!!
#488  November 08, 2021, 07:05:30 am
Would the run conversion process have been even more excruciating if you used ohgaki's refined version? Lol

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

If you and karmacharmeleon would like to save time on coming up with an aerial hp, it's possible to use this. Although I'm not sure if ohgaki's open to having some elements of his shiki's sff to be used. He might not be done with the character and he usually holds off granting permissions if that's the case

#489  November 09, 2021, 12:55:14 am
Would the run conversion process have been even more excruciating if you used ohgaki's refined version? Lol

If you and karmacharmeleon would like to save time on coming up with an aerial hp, it's possible to use this. Although I'm not sure if ohgaki's open to having some elements of his shiki's sff to be used. He might not be done with the character and he usually holds off granting permissions if that's the case

Thanks man. Well, that run by Ohgaki is surely amazing and the bouncing adds "extra life", but I don't feel that necessary to show that movement. If it were Mai, of course, but let's think about Shiki's background :P.

Also, that J-HP is amazing. I'm not sure if Ohgaki would leave someone use it to sprite over it, so I'll write him to see if I'm allown to. Thanks for your time :)!
#490  November 09, 2021, 01:25:50 pm
Hahah agreed the ‘core values’ sure are a bit jigglier on the right. I mean more along the lines of frankenspriting shiki’s animated crimson belt and the subtle hair movement(? idk I might just be seeing things) but since you’ve already painstakingly reshaded her run animation, implementing my entitled suggestions at this point isn’t worth the headache on your part lol

But yeah even though it’s been a while since ohgaki has personally posted something, if his twitter’s any indication he still actively lurks here from time to time.
#491  November 09, 2021, 11:51:56 pm
I'm a bit lost on translation because of language barrier, so please, tell me if I've misunderstood you.

I mean more along the lines of frankenspriting shiki’s animated crimson belt and the subtle hair movement(? idk I might just be seeing things)

Nope, I did not do frankenspriting on her. I haven't posted the run I did, mostly because I suck at doing animated GIFs
I changed her size for fitting NGBC's run frames into SvC. And as NGBC's shading is a bit lazy, I had to deal with placing certain stuff, but I overall think I did a decent job at it.

but since you’ve already painstakingly reshaded her run animation, implementing my entitled suggestions at this point isn’t worth the headache on your part lol
The toughest part is done. So as I finished the basic stuff, I'm doing her booooring gethits now :P(also, 14/83 sprites are finished. I'd like to go a bit quicker)

But yeah even though it’s been a while since ohgaki has personally posted something, if his twitter’s any indication he still actively lurks here from time to time.
Yes, I know he uses to visit the Guild, but I'm not sure if he'd reply to the PMs. I'll check it in deviantart or twiter, though.

Thanks for your time, and excuse me if I misunderstood you :)
Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 02:36:13 am by FeLo_Llop
#492  November 10, 2021, 09:52:38 am
Ahh no I was just having a bit of wishful thinking haha. It would've been neat if you had known about ohgaki's customised version of shiki's run before you went ahead and reshaded the NGBC version.
I mean more because ohgaki decided to add minor details like the way her belt flows when it didn't before--and the ends of the back of her hair now show a slight movement that I may or may not be imagining lol

I find your work very beautiful regardless. I really appreciate the art you do knowing how difficult it is to work on sprites :)
#493  December 27, 2021, 01:43:28 am
Glad to say that Shiki's like 50%. All her basics and Gethits are finished. I'll put a small preview tomorrow, since it's late here and I've got to work early.

Merry Xmas!
#494  December 27, 2021, 04:51:21 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Great news. Merry Christmas, Felo!  :santagoi:
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#495  December 27, 2021, 11:40:00 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Glad to say that Shiki's like 50%. All her basics and Gethits are finished. I'll put a small preview tomorrow, since it's late here and I've got to work early.

Merry Xmas!

Very good news!
Hope to see her a bit in action soon! ^^

Yes, and late Merry Xmas!
#496  December 28, 2021, 01:12:46 am
Sorry guys, it was a LONG day. But as promised...PREVIEW:
https://streamable.com/dr343y
Thanks goes to KarmaCharizard, who is arming the .sff for future plans. I have to add that I'm happy to work with Karma again.
Enjoy!

EDIT: Of course,  have to fix her stance's legs.
Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:09:37 am by FeLo_Llop
#497  December 28, 2021, 02:17:33 am
    • USA
Shiki is looking pretty awesome! I don't know if anyone has asked or not, do you plan to add any of the extra stuff that Shiki gained in Samsho 2019?
#498  December 28, 2021, 03:00:52 am
  • A.K.A. NED
I really like the ingame look of your sprites.
What a great conversion.

I can't wait for some more news!
#499  December 28, 2021, 03:14:39 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Looks like Shiki's gonna join Ash as another Felo/Karma WIP!

I love how it looks so CvS while you can still tell it's the SvC sprites. A smooth conversion indeed.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#500  December 28, 2021, 05:17:57 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Sprites look really good! As expected from FeLo-senpai!
I also love how smooth the animations are, everything looks perfect. :smitten: