YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2502599 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9581  June 10, 2021, 10:38:17 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

PRAISE THE GAMING GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!  *Proceeds to make a reference from the Club Spongebob episode*

#9582  June 11, 2021, 03:28:24 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Metal Slug Tactics. Ö_Ö
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqF0KLsaf6U[/youtube]

Whoa. It's great to finally see SNK branching out and reaching to a proper market.

And a collaboration with Dotemu. We might just see a future for Mark Of The Wolves 2.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#9583  June 12, 2021, 05:03:22 pm
Metal Slug Tactics. Ö_Ö

This is irresistible for a filthy secondary like me whose all-time favourite game is the og x-com. I've always been interested in metal slug's lore but suck hard at platformers, but on the other hand I found their foray into mobile gacha game too braindead. I'm hoping this game does well enough to generate interest for ikari dlcs and whatnot. Oh and they're going to be employing modular procedural generation on terrain tiles too which works in favour of the game's replayability.
#9584  June 13, 2021, 08:50:56 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Xbox had its best e3 presentation in years. Which means we need to grab two of each animal and head for the bastard border

#9585  June 24, 2021, 09:59:03 am

Last trailer for the sequel of The World Ends With You and a demo will be out tomorrow.

TWEWY does, what KingDon't Hearts.
(I'm no longer a fan of KH, cause of time travel BS and confused storyline)
#9586  July 13, 2021, 01:57:12 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
New Super Robot Wars:

series list:
  • Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
  • Z-MSV (Zeta Mobile Suit Variations)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
  • M-MSV (Missing Mobile Suit Variations)
  • Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
  • Heavy Metal L-Gaim
  • The Brave Police J-Decker
  • The King of Braves GaoGaiGar Final
  • The King of Kings: GaoGaiGar VS Betterman
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie III - Glorification
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection
  • Getter Robo Armageddon
  • Mazinger Z: Infinity
  • Mazinkaiser Infinitism
  • Magic Knight Rayearth
  • Gun X Sword
  • Galactic Armored Fleet Majestic Prince
  • Knight's & Magic
  • SSSS.Gridman
n.b.: debuting series are in bold (two of those marked in bold technically already debuted in the SRW gacha but whatever, that barely counts); also the two Mobile Suit Variations aren't actually shows, they're design series with alternate robots that never appeared in any anime as a part of an expanded universe type deal (also an excuse to invent new merch to sell). Likewise, Mazinkaiser Infinitism is literally just a single model kit/toy of the robot Mazinkaiser done in the style of Mazinger Infinity. These three are just here to add some extra non-anime robots.

Lot of cool things here: some old favorites making a reappearance after decade plus absences (original Gundam, Victory Gundam, L-Gaim, Combattler, GaoGaiGar Final), as well as some cool newer show (Gridman, Majestic Prince), as well as some completely unexpected and bananas stuff (like GaoGaiGar vs Betterman, the light novel sequel to GaoGaiGar Final). All in all, looks pretty damn cool!

Also, much like the previous games, there'll be a preorder bonus that adds two Original Generation mechs from older Super Robot Wars games into the storyline of the game: both the very first original robot+pilot invented for SRW, Cybuster (Masaki Andoh) as well as the iconic SRX (Ryusei Date and presumably the rest of the SRX team).
#9587  July 14, 2021, 04:24:14 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Huh.. have any of the SRW games ever been translated to English? Also.. where's Gurran Lagan? It can't be a game about robot wars without the drill that pierces the heavens!
#9588  July 14, 2021, 06:07:45 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
They've put out English editions of every non-mobile game they've made since 2016. Specifically, there's Super Robot Wars V, Super Robot Wars X, and Super Robot Wars T; all for PS4 and Switch (V and X are also on Vita and Steam).

X is the one with Gurren Lagann, by the way. Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers is also technically in English (and indeed, it was the first one they've put out in English in 2016), but the translation is really subpar and also it's like the 5th game in a long running, very complicated narrative, so it's hard to recommend off the bat.

Those editions have all been released for the South East Asian market, but since none of the consoles they've been released on have region locking, anyone in the world is free to import those versions and play them. These SEA releases also serve as a loophole, letting SRW games get sold to English speaking fans worldwide; the developers know that SRW has a small but very dedicated fanbase around the world, and they'd love to do an actual official Western releases of their games, but there's far too many liscencing hurdles for that to ever, ever happen. Not a chance in history.

Until today, that is, because somehow, Super Robot Wars 30 is available for preorder on Steam worldwide and is currently the #6 top selling game on the store!?!?!?!
#9589  July 14, 2021, 05:05:52 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Thanks for the info, Jmorphman. Nice to know that there is a way for English speaking fans out there to get the game.. and even better for 30 to be a huge seller already on Steam.

#9590  July 22, 2021, 09:24:56 pm
    • Germany
Dead Space Remake Teaser

#9591  July 22, 2021, 10:18:02 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Cool.  Never got to play Dead Space but always been curious.  It always seemed essentially Doom 3 but taken more serious as a horror title rather than start off scary but eventually you beef up your arsenal until you're hunting the monsters instead.  And while I never did play first-hand, that health bar on the back coolant level thing was a stroke of brilliance in UI design.

Oh right and there was something about killing babies that carried over into Dante's Inferno.  Which was a weird company checkmark to carry over for EA.
#9592  July 22, 2021, 10:24:21 pm
    • Brazil
I'm torn on the Dead Space remake. On one hand, i'm pretty fucking happy that one of my favorite franchises of all time isn't dead but on the other hand and tbh, Dead Space didn't really need a remake. And also, EA. But judging from the interview Motive did with IGN saying that the team are fans of the OG game, i'm going to be cautiously optimistic on this. I just hope it's good.
#9593  August 11, 2021, 07:53:19 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Metal Slug Tactics gameplay

#9594  August 25, 2021, 10:26:33 pm
    • Germany
Saints Row Trailer

To be honest I don't like it. =/
#9595  August 25, 2021, 10:58:43 pm
    • Brazil
Saints Row Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgjzDJA1o1E[/youtube]

To be honest I don't like it. =/

It's also EGS exclusive. That's already a no-no for me but that's to be expected from Deep Silver. And here's the kicker: the guy who was working on the fixes for Saints Row 2 on PC passed away. Fuck this timeline.
Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 11:07:35 pm by Good_Wall533
#9596  August 28, 2021, 07:52:41 pm
    • Germany
Mhh lol the Like/dislike ratio from the Saints Row Remake trailer is currently at 18091 | 29009 Ö_Ö
#9597  August 28, 2021, 08:13:05 pm
    • Brazil
As someone who only played half of Saints Row 4, I don't really understand why people don't like this one, can someone enlighten me? I saw a video saying it was because the community thought it was "too woke" which could be because the one who made the video (or the game's audience) is bigoted, but I'm completely oblivious.
#9598  August 28, 2021, 10:18:32 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I won't say I don't like it, but I will say as someone who has played each of Saints Row 1-4 one time each when they were new then promptly forgot about them, it doesn't particularly remind me of Saints Row and doesn't draw me in to want to play regardless.

As I recall, the Saints Row franchise has a fan base split because of the drastic changes in scope from 1-2 to 3 and 4 respectively.  They started as gang on gang violence GTA clones, 2 threw in some more goofier side missions like septic tank fire trucks or whatever, but then 3 went your gang versus the entire U.S. government, which upon winning warfare against the entire military you then win the election polls and become president somehow as I recall.....?  Then 4 goes full-on cartoon and mixes both alien invasion of Earth and digital worlds with superpowers.  They were a far cry from the GTA San Andreas copy they started as.  Then there's the Gat out of Hell one that I didn't play but appears to be this time your gang versus Hell because sure, of course.

This just seems to go back to the first two titles, probably more akin to 2 than 1, but not as offensively funny.  Which is probably what people who miss those titles actually want, because 3 and 4 as I recall were less South Park raunchy comedy than their predecessors.  Though that said literally the only jokes I recall are the gang members singing in your car with you while you drive around.

So eh.  I had more fun with 3 and 4 just for its intentional stupidity than the first two but they got their fans and I'm guessing this won't exactly replicate their feeling.
#9599  August 28, 2021, 10:36:20 pm
    • Germany
As someone who only played half of Saints Row 4, I don't really understand why people don't like this one, can someone enlighten me? I saw a video saying it was because the community thought it was "too woke" which could be because the one who made the video (or the game's audience) is bigoted, but I'm completely oblivious.

People don't like this one because it is a reboot that uses some "Tic Toc Teens" instead of the original Saints, also the creators go so far to call people who don't like the current designs "haters" etc. It is the typical putting oil into the fire strategie right now.

And they also already confirmed that they will tone down everything that is considered "offensive" today....

So they are basicaly removing everything what people expect from a Saints Row game at this point, the Characters, the special kind of Humor and so on, and just put the name Saints Row on it for brand recognition.

Also the Game is another Epic exclusive making even more people unhappy and frustrated.

If you want to know more, go on social media or go on youtube or whatever.
#9600  August 28, 2021, 10:43:32 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I can say for me it's mostly that I don't think the answer to "where the hell do you go after Saints Row 4" was "lol fake California I guess"

Don't want to have people hitting each other with dildos, I get it but this game so far doesn't even have the titular saints in it and looks so generic I would think it was taking the piss out of modern games except if it was I assume it would have shown its hand at the end of the trailer
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time