Stages by SeanAltly (Read 49072 times)

Started by Sean Altly, January 31, 2010, 11:38:06 pm
Stages by SeanAltly
#1  January 31, 2010, 11:38:06 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Alright, since I didn't get much help with stages (which I understand because other people have their own things going on), I finally just started making my own. They are lo-res, because that's what I can do and because lo-res looks better with the characters. Here are some screenshots of the stages I've made so far, along with a description/explanation of each.

Title: "Crash"
Description: This stage is edited from some sprites from X-Men:CotA and another stage I can't recall at the time. The rain is made by Hihoshi and was released here in the Shared SPirtes section. As you may see, the truck in the background is a Maddicorp transport truck.

Title: "Suburban Playground (Sunset)"
Description: Edited from Dan's SFA3 stage. Still a WIP, trying to find more ways to differentiate it from the SFA3 stage. Right now it has the parallax floor, like the original, and has an edited background and a different sky.

Title: "Suburban Playground (Night)"
Description: A nighttime version of the playground stage. I rather like this one, and the music I have for it right now fits it very well.

Title: "Central Park (Gapstow Bridge)"
Description: I'm very proud of this one. The background is from a Korea stage from one of the Real Bouts (can't recall which one immediately), but some of this stage was sprited by me (including the bridge). I love this stage and will be releasing it seperately. The idea to make it came from this picture I found:

http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/nyc/centralParkGapstowBridge.jpg

Title: "Central Park (Night)"
Description: A nightime version of the Central Park stage, and from a different view. The Gapstow Bridge is just visible at the far left of the stage, and this version has more trees and such. The snow falls faster and at an angle here.

Title: "Rockaway Beach, Queens"
Description: A beach stage using some bits from Ken's SF3 stage, Mu's beach stage (haven't contacted for permission yet, but will), some parts from a KoF2002UM stage, along with heavy editing to all of them. I once again used pictures of the actual place to try to make it accurate, though it's not perfect. The water is animated, in case you're wondering.

Title: "Rockaway Beach, Queens (Night)"
Description: A nighttime version of Rockaway Beach, with a yacht in the background. I wanted it to be raining here but couldn't find a suitable sky.

Title: "Corporate Dining Room"
Description: As the name implies, the corporate dining room at Maddicorp. I also plan on making a stage of Maddicorp's lobby.

Title: "Borporate Dining Room (Night)"
Description: A night version of the above stage. Also, at the beginning of the fight, windows in the buildings are lit up, and the inside of the dining room is more illuminated, and then the power flickers and goes out. Once I find sprites ( or make them) I will have searchlights in the background.

Title: "Staten Island Ferry"
Description: Inside part of the Staten Island ferry. This stage bobs up and down like a boat, and the Statue of Liberty slowly comes into view. I'm sure this is geographically inaccurate, but I really like the way it looks. Also, the sprite of the seats was drawn by me, froms cratch. I'm pretty proud of that. Inspiration came from this pic:
http://www.bluejake.com/archives/2007/06/18/a_man_asleep_on_the_staten_island_ferry.php
The ferry is orange on the outside, hence the orange rail.

Title: "JCP Slammamania: Live at the Garden!"
Description: A fairly simple edit of Tizoc's MotW stage, with a different ring, animated video and banners. I also added camera men at either side of the ring, to give it that "Live on PPV" feel. JCP stands for Jersey City Pro (a fictional fed that Ruckus works for).

Title: "Maddicorp: SHADEs Laboratory"
Description: I received permission from Cosumo (through Walt) to use his stage, edited from a stage in KoF2002UM. I fixed a lot of the code, including all the messed up deltas, and the stage works great. This will be the final boss stage, where you fight Kane Kelly. I haven't ruled out the possibility of editing this further, but for now it looks good.

Title: "Clubbing" (Working Title)
Description: A mish-mash of elements from many different stages, including parts from a Fatal Fury Duck King stage, a Power Instinct Matrimelee stage and a KoF99 stage. This will be Wyldestar's stage, and the still image doesn't do it justice. I will upload a video or .gif of it in motion. The stage really has a sort of pulsing effect, and the crowd and screen are both animated.

Title: Clubbing (Fire)"
Description: The above stage, but after Byrne has crashed the party and set the place ablaze. This will be his stage. I posted two pics to see which one you guys like more, the one with just the fire FX, or the one with an effect applied that tints everything a bit orange/red. Let me know. Credit to EXShadow for the open source fire effect.

Title: "Maddigan's Office"
Description. As the title says, this is Moses Maddigan's office inside Maddicorp. Architecturally similar to the dining room stage due to being in the same building.

Title: "Maddigan's Office (Night)"
Description: Night (more like twilight) version of the above stage. I like this one better, and thanks to EXShadow for sending me the sprite this stage was based on.

These are all for now. I have reached my previous goal of 8 individual stages plus Night/Day variations on many of them, but I may add more. I have a couple of ideas for stages for Snow and Moses so look out for those soon.

Let me know what you guys think.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:19:33 pm by SeanAltly
Re: Stages by SeanAltly
#2  January 31, 2010, 11:55:58 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
They all look very cool and fit the theme perfectly. Congrats on the spriting and all. :yes:

Have you contacted Cosumo for the 2K2UM Laboratory stage, which I recall you had said would fit your game perfectly ?
#3  January 31, 2010, 11:57:30 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I can't remember, so I'll contact him again, just in case. Thanks for the compliments, btw.

Download Last Bout now!
#4  February 01, 2010, 12:00:45 am
  • Da gurl with the golden zippers
    • Argentina
these stages are really awesome man!
#5  February 01, 2010, 12:01:14 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
These look awesome!

My favourites are the night time playground and rockaway beach.
#6  February 02, 2010, 08:14:03 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated with new stages. Thanks for the kind words guys!

Download Last Bout now!
#7  February 02, 2010, 09:47:41 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Corporate dinning room would look better IMO with only reflection or shadow, having both is weird.
#8  February 02, 2010, 10:03:17 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
What? The characters only have reflection in the pics.

Download Last Bout now!
#9  February 02, 2010, 10:08:35 pm
  • Da gurl with the golden zippers
    • Argentina
sean, you gonna fix the water in the ferry stage? because dont looks good at all
#10  February 02, 2010, 10:19:36 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, it looked good making it, but in that screenshot it looks pretty pixelated. I'll change it.

Download Last Bout now!
#11  February 02, 2010, 11:44:11 pm
  • SNK is life
CHECK YOUR PMS SEAN!
#12  February 02, 2010, 11:51:42 pm
  • Fuck You.
Hey man real talk these stages are fucking A. Seriously you did a really tight job bro.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#13  February 03, 2010, 12:06:53 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#14  February 03, 2010, 07:19:30 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Oh, that's part of the sprite. It's edited from an Art of Fighting stage. I'd have to resprite the floor to remove the shadow. I think it looks fine though.

Download Last Bout now!
#15  February 03, 2010, 11:49:55 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I really like the night playground and Central Park ones. :thumbsup:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#16  February 03, 2010, 08:39:16 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks, the Central Park one is my favorite.

Download Last Bout now!
#17  February 04, 2010, 04:21:21 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Maybe if I look at them hard enough, I'll inherit your amazing talent.

FFFFUUUUU-

But yeah, good work on these.
 :sugoi:
#18  February 04, 2010, 08:20:26 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've been hard at work on these for the last week or so. I should have just made my own to start with!

Updated with 3 new stages, including one stage by Cosumo that I received permission to use in the game.

Download Last Bout now!
#19  February 04, 2010, 09:06:46 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:2thumbsup:
#20  February 05, 2010, 10:15:43 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA