YesNoOk

Terry updated (28/07/2020) (Read 26397 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, July 15, 2020, 07:03:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Terry released, Rose updated (15/07/2020)
#21  July 16, 2020, 12:07:04 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Also Project and Rowen could you please elaborate on polish ? EX Terry can do some cool stuff EX crack shoot to rising tackle etc.

It's mostly the quiet sounds used for moves like the Supers and other Issues that I've listed.

Karma did say something about a beta version which has me thinking some of the files are outdated or w/e.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#22  July 16, 2020, 12:33:19 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
A quick run in MUGEN proper helped me figure out why some people are having the issue and others aren't: If you're using the Terry.def file that gives you the 2-in-1 Terry, EX Terry's Power Geysers work with no issue. If you use the EX Terry.def however, that's when the Power Geyser Clones show up.
#23  July 16, 2020, 12:43:39 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
A quick run in MUGEN proper helped me figure out why some people are having the issue and others aren't: If you're using the Terry.def file that gives you the 2-in-1 Terry, EX Terry's Power Geysers work with no issue. If you use the EX Terry.def however, that's when the Power Geyser Clones show up.

PROJECT.13 got it haha thanks. I would have never checked that because I don't use separate slots. It was a fuck up on me because I didn't change var(40) = 2 to var(40) = 1 on EXTerry.st

Changing that single line or using Terry.def would fix all those issues.

I'm a little bit busy rn but I'll be updating him asap with this minor fix and the other stuff ppl pointed out in the topic while also doing accuracy checks on some cc stuff reported by extravagant on discord. Expect an update for tomorrow :]

Thanks to everyone that downloaded the character and sorry for the inconveniences.
#24  July 16, 2020, 02:24:17 am
    • UK
I also feel as if Rising Force could do with a smidgen more damage, reccomendedly a lil' more than Trinity Geyser's.
WIP Schedule:
#25  July 16, 2020, 03:29:10 am
  • No guts No glory..
very interesting terry, hey got an idea, if you want to add other moves for terry from other series( RB,KoF, other) just send me a PM....it could be interesting..
#26  July 16, 2020, 03:52:28 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Another thing I noticed that affects both versions of Terry, if you press any button after using either version's Power Geysers, including the MAX variants, the explosion sounds for the Geysers get cut off.
#27  July 16, 2020, 03:54:48 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Another thing I noticed that affects both versions of Terry, if you press any button after using either version's Power Geysers, including the MAX variants, the explosion sounds for the Geysers get cut off.

Did you set your WavChannels high enough?
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#28  July 16, 2020, 04:00:55 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
I found anothers bug, apart from glitch with color separations (Specially with EX).
-FMP Terry change the suit.
-Mini Clones from him on Overheat Geyser.
-A point on HK

https://streamable.com/ib1m2h
#29  July 16, 2020, 08:27:26 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

-The lifebar portrait on the select screen is not the default palette.
-The swing sound on Crack Shoot (Both normal and EX) plays after the opponent is hit.
-EX Burn Knuckle plays a medium kick hit sound instead of a heavy punch one.
-Buster Wolf has a light punch hit sound instead of a heavy punch one when it connects.
-Buster Throw has no heavy swing sound when the opponent is thrown.
-The hitsparks after the 1st hit of Rising Upper is misaligned.
-I know this is still a WIP, but is the strong ground shockwaves in his Trinity Geyser supposed to be where he's standing or where each geyser are?

EX Terry:
-The strong ground shockwave on Power Geyser and Overheat Geyser is where he is standing instead of where he punched the ground.

That's all for now. Nothing much for EX Terry as most of them applied to the normal version.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: Terry and Rose updated (16/07/2020)
#30  July 16, 2020, 04:32:08 pm
    • Germany
2 Good news in a row!
I have to check what's new about Rose and specific stuff about Terry !

Thanks for the release!
Thanks, Ned :]
1. Buster Throw lacks a Swing sound.
Added.
2. EX Burn Knuckle plays a Medium Kick sound.
Fixed.
3. I feel like his Supers could do with stronger blast sounds.
Not sure.
4. Could we have a choice between the CvS and MI voice, mainly for the EX Mode.
EX Mode already uses mainly MI/MIRA voice samples.
5. EX Power Geyser and Overheat Geyser seems to have missing Geyser helpers so a clone appears.
6. EX Mode seems to lack a Level 3 Portrait.
Fixed the series of bugs that lead to fuck ups while using EXTerry.def
7. The Portraits folder seems to be leftovers from Jmm's Kyo.
Deleted.
Overall, we have a faithful Terry, it's just that the EX Mode could use some polish.
I hope you can retest EX Mode again as it was heavily hindered by that stupid bug. I feel is as polished as Classic.

Rose's air MK still does not hit the opponent.
I also still have the air MK whiffing, I thought it was just Ikemen, but it seems to still happen in 1.1
Fixed (for realzies this time).
great terry dude! looks like you and MEMO got some competition. :P
I hope so, I like friendly competition c:
- There's honestly no benefit to EX Burn Knuckle, since it only hits once and even does slightly less damage than Light Burn Knuckle [98 on Light, 91 on EX]
I can't imagine in which part of development I fucked this up, as EX Burn Knuckle was an issue actually discussed with DivineWolf. Damage was not supposed to be lower than regular, that part has been fixed. However, yeah: EX Burn Knuckles does not that that much going for that, and that kinda cames from source. In XIII the only thing it does is coming out faster and doing more damage. It does more damage that LP+HP combined, something that I can't quite translate. Hopefully there are better ways to spend metter on both versions of my Terry :]
- A few frames in Hammer Punch aren't properly separated. [Bringing this to General because it's in the SFF itself]
Fixed.
- The woosh sound in his taunt feels very unnecessary imo.
It is, dunno how it got there haha.

- The energy explosion sound for Buster Wolf only plays if the explosion itself hits the opponent.
Fixed.
- The initial hit for Buster Wolf plays the light punch sound instead of heavy punch.
Fixed.

- Rising Force feels very un-impactful and personally kind of lame for a Level 3, but I honestly think that might just be a fault of the move in general. I'd suggest Star Dunk Volcano, but that might be a bit too similar to Overheat Geyser for your liking.
This was me while reading this one:

EX Terry level 3 was one of the hardest things to set on while designing his gamplay, mainly because I can't use that "LOST POWA" from 2K3-XI (Garou Terry is going to be made by me as you can imagine from my signature). The options were pretty Rising Force, Rising Beat, and Star Dunk Volcano. The issues with the first two are simple: both are part of Rock movelist. The issues with Star Dunk Volcano are quite simple too: while the move is not shared with Rock, it's visually redundant on a moveset with Overheat Geysar, and more important: in neutral it's a glorified Power Dunk. I've been back and forth, coding and deleting code while deciding on which one. I'm set on stone with Rising Force, no matter how lame it looks.
Thanks for the releases of Terry and Rose!
Always good to see well-made characters like yours, especially in this time of covid-19, when mugen has been a powerful ally against the boredom of not leaving home.
And thanks FeLo for providing us this Rose's wonderful sprites!
You're welcome :]
I also feel as if Rising Force could do with a smidgen more damage, reccomendedly a lil' more than Trinity Geyser's.
I 100% agree. It was quite inneficent to cancel into Rising Force at all as you did way more damage juggling with EX Specials. For this version Rising Force damage has been bumped to almost as much damage as Chun-Li's Hosenka, and a dampener has been added when juggling with EX Specials.
very interesting terry, hey got an idea, if you want to add other moves for terry from other series( RB,KoF, other) just send me a PM....it could be interesting..
Hey, my movelist is set on stone, but I'll PM you about some stuff that could come handy :]
Whoops, fixed.
I found anothers bug, apart from glitch with color separations (Specially with EX).
-FMP Terry change the suit.
-Mini Clones from him on Overheat Geyser.
-A point on HK

https://streamable.com/ib1m2h
I think they're all fixed :]

-The lifebar portrait on the select screen is not the default palette.
Fixed.
-The swing sound on Crack Shoot (Both normal and EX) plays after the opponent is hit.
Fixed.
-EX Burn Knuckle plays a medium kick hit sound instead of a heavy punch one.
Fixed.
-Buster Wolf has a light punch hit sound instead of a heavy punch one when it connects.
Fixed.
-Buster Throw has no heavy swing sound when the opponent is thrown.
Fixed.
-The hitsparks after the 1st hit of Rising Upper is misaligned.
Kinda fixed, it's a tricky axis tbh. It was like that on source lmao.
-I know this is still a WIP, but is the strong ground shockwaves in his Trinity Geyser supposed to be where he's standing or where each geyser are?
It's not a WIP :P the ground shockwaves are handled the way they are on CvS2 Power Geyser (where he's standing, yes. Yes, it's weird af lamo)
-The strong ground shockwave on Power Geyser and Overheat Geyser is where he is standing instead of where he punched the ground.
Intended :]

Also, Rose's bug reported on the other thread has been fixed :]

Thanks to everyone for contributing with feedback! Terry has been updated as of right now. Please go experience EX Mode the way was supposed to, as I put a lot of care into it. Also, Rose received a minor updated fixing two minor bugs
#31  July 16, 2020, 04:50:10 pm
    • UK

That's what I mean't. I was asking if there was a way to use his CvS voice in EX Mode and vice versa.
Good on you for releasing the update though buddy.
WIP Schedule:
#32  July 16, 2020, 10:14:13 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Now it's all working well! :)

And i liked it a lot, specially the EX Mode. Really impressive!
#33  July 17, 2020, 12:48:42 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
The explosion sound for Buster Wolf still won't play if the energy explosion doesn't hit the opponent. Not just when they're guarding, but if you land the dashing punch but miss the second. Other than that, everything else seems to work as it's supposed to. Really loving these characters.
#34  July 17, 2020, 01:22:04 am
    • Germany

That's what I mean't. I was asking if there was a way to use his CvS voice in EX Mode and vice versa.
Good on you for releasing the update though buddy.

Ahhhh. Not giving option, no.
Now it's all working well! :)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/OgV4tSB-KS4[/youtube]

And i liked it a lot, specially the EX Mode. Really impressive!
The explosion sound for Buster Wolf still won't play if the energy explosion doesn't hit the opponent. Not just when they're guarding, but if you land the dashing punch but miss the second. Other than that, everything else seems to work as it's supposed to. Really loving these characters.
Ah, fixed. Sorry :P I'll wait until more stuff to fix pop up and then I'll update.

Thanks a lot :]
#35  July 17, 2020, 03:27:48 am
    • USA

It's not a WIP :P the ground shockwaves are handled the way they are on CvS2 Power Geyser (where he's standing, yes. Yes, it's weird af lamo)
The move said Trinity Geyser (WIP) in the readme, so I thought the move itself was still a work in progress. And speaking about the readme, Kyo's name is still listed on the section of <NORMALTERRY.def>.

Also, good thing you said you'll wait because I found a few more to look at:
-Burn Knuckle is missing a landing effect when he touches the ground (A landing sound effect can still be heard).
-The Burn Knuckle sound effect cuts off once he touches the ground.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, his medium and heavy Rising Tackle doesn't land all the hits (I tested him along with your Rose and it won't hit 6 and 7 times on her unless she's close to the wall of the stage. EX will hit all 9 due to the larger hitbox).

That's should be all of it on my end. Really like the EX Mode you did on him, glad you did that for both Terry and Iori. There's some authors that already made good PotS style ones and gives me a reason to still use both.
Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 03:35:55 am by SolidZone 26
#36  July 17, 2020, 04:42:47 am

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Re: Terry and Rose updated (17/07/2020)
#37  July 17, 2020, 03:56:41 pm
    • Germany
The move said Trinity Geyser (WIP) in the readme, so I thought the move itself was still a work in progress. And speaking about the readme, Kyo's name is still listed on the section of <NORMALTERRY.def>.
Whoooops. Removed.
-Burn Knuckle is missing a landing effect when he touches the ground (A landing sound effect can still be heard).
This is intentional, in source he displays a landing sound but not a landing visual effect.

-The Burn Knuckle sound effect cuts off once he touches the ground.
Fixed.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, his medium and heavy Rising Tackle doesn't land all the hits (I tested him along with your Rose and it won't hit 6 and 7 times on her unless she's close to the wall of the stage. EX will hit all 9 due to the larger hitbox).
Buffed the hitbox a lil bit just for compatibility.
That's should be all of it on my end. Really like the EX Mode you did on him, glad you did that for both Terry and Iori. There's some authors that already made good PotS style ones and gives me a reason to still use both.
Yeah, I like EX mode to feel like a different character :]
sorry if this is off topic, but do you plan to update your Iori too? It seems like this important glitch is still not fix: https://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2453629
It isn't off topic at all. Yes, I do plan to update all of my previous characters. I'm working on something else right now, after that's released, I'll be going back to Genjuro, Blanka, Iori, and do major updates. I'll also try to step up my vfxs game for Rose's next update.

Terry updated.

#38  July 18, 2020, 03:01:34 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Wasn't sure whether to post these here or in the project thread but I did end up making a few more palettes, feel free to add them if you make another update to him in the future

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#39  July 18, 2020, 07:08:38 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I just noticed this was updated after finishing a bunch more palettes lol. Forgot to mention three other things from the last version, one of which I don't know how it happened and can't seem to make happen on their own:

- Grasping Upper doesn't have envshake.
- If the enemy is KO'ed by the fourth geyser from Trinity Geyser, the Super Flash won't trigger.
   - Also related to Trinity Geyser, I forgot who I was fighting when this happened or what happened prior but after I performed the move, my MUGEN just started slowing down like crazy while the geysers were still going off. I know I didn't accidentally flip the speed switch because my game went back to normal right afterwards. Again, I don't remember what exactly happened or how to trigger it, but I figured it's still worth mentioning.

And now, the palettes.

Spoiler: Rose (click to see content)

Spoiler: A good bit o' Terry (click to see content)
#40  July 18, 2020, 09:05:33 am
    • USA

If you plan to update Terry once more, I forgot to mention that one of the sprites (250,5) on his standing HK has a off-placed pixel next to his leg. You might want to edit the sprite to remove it.