YesNoOk

Melty Blood Type Lumina has been announced!! Release date 9/30/2021!! (Read 653213 times)

Started by Sima Shi, March 25, 2021, 06:05:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Melty Blood Type Lumina has been announced!! Release date 9/30/2021!!
#161  December 12, 2022, 07:40:51 pm
    • Brazil
It looks like they're doing what Mortal Kombat is doing, ignoring characters actual fans want in favor of shoving an amount of guests thats bigger than necessary just to "appeal to a larger audience". Two is already enough, there are plenty of chars from MB itself that people want to see, if they want to add more characters from Fate, why not make a Fate fighting game?
#162  December 12, 2022, 08:32:46 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Probably cause Capcom published one before.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#163  December 12, 2022, 08:54:14 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah, a thousand years ago.
#164  December 12, 2022, 08:56:07 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
No reason a new one can't be made.

I mean they made a new Melty after 10 years so who gives a fuck lol
#165  December 12, 2022, 09:12:50 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
No reason a new one can't be made.

I mean they made a new Melty after 10 years so who gives a fuck lol

It's probably due to low or average sales. I'd love to see Daemon Bride or Sengoku Basara X get a sequel but I don't see that happening.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 09:16:43 pm by rgveda99
#166  December 12, 2022, 09:27:10 pm
    • USA
It's probably due to low or average sales. I'd love to see Daemon Bride or Sengoku Basara X get a sequel but I don't see that happening.

Low sales at the time I can get, but I'd be baffled if the same thing happened now. AFAIK, Fate's the biggest impact Type-MOON's made in the west, even bigger than Tsuki and Melty. Mostly thanks to FGO but, still.

Granted I could be wrong.
#167  December 12, 2022, 10:47:26 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
I hope there's more DLC in the future. These two don't feel good enough to end on.

I'm personally not a fan of Fate, so while I didn't mind Saber and Mash, I'm personally a little bothered to see other potential characters get shafted, like Len or Sion.

"Sion can't work due to the story" means nothing anymore considering the story's been fucked to hell by the appearance of four Fate characters lol

Such is the double edged sword of including so many Fate characters -- if you're a fan of both properties, great! If you're a fan of one, it might encourage you to try the other. I personally just have no interest in Fate, so that's the side I fall on.

Still, I'm happy for those who are glad these characters are included, and Dantes looks a little fun (albeit a bit generic to me).

Someone on Twitter said it's already confirmed they'll have an update at EVO Japan 2023.

And yeah, I think the story excuse is dumb (not to mention probably dead by now), but at the same time,
they probably decided on all these Fate characters because Fate/Grand Order doing so well was what lead to Type Lumina coming to fruition to begin with, from what I hear, as to grab people who play that game a lot.

In any case, while I have some personal preferences as to characters I'd want to see (Len, Eltnum, Ryougi, & Satsuki come to mind),
I think it probably doesn't matter too much as long as Type Lumina continues to get substantial updates/extra content for a long time.
#168  December 14, 2022, 02:26:33 pm
Gameplay
Ushi 1
Ushi 2
Dantes 1
Dantes 2
lol they didn't translate it but Ushi asks Shiki what mountain he's the son of. Because of the trope of learning magic and combat from mountain tengus. (and Shiki responds "from that hill, actually ?")
I'm annoyed that they just straight up translated cavern king like that.
Dantes has some of that Wallachia vibe, nice.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#169  December 15, 2022, 02:48:54 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
In one of the endings in the new boss rush mode, a silhouette of Len (sprite) can be seen talking to Neco Arc. Might indicate her playable status in the near future.

Also just for the record, Ushi wasn't censored in Melty. They merely just used her costume from her FGO 6th anniversary craft essence.

#170  December 15, 2022, 03:21:03 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
In one of the endings in the new boss rush mode, a silhouette of Len (sprite) can be seen talking to Neco Arc. Might indicate her playable status in the near future.

Spoiler: Datamined Files (click to see content)
#171  December 15, 2022, 04:26:03 pm
    • USA
Ahhhhhhh if we get Nanaya and Len DLC, I’d pay for that shit in a heartbeat. Lesgoooooo.

Don’t end on Ushi and Dantes please dear lord.
#172  December 15, 2022, 04:40:34 pm
    • Brazil
The game seems to be successful for it's size, so I doubt it will end anytime soon. They can do what Street Fighter 5 did and support it with lots of DLC for a few years.
#173  December 15, 2022, 08:12:17 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Yes, please! This game really deserve more support since Len is teased. I also want Nanaya and of course Ryougi.
This is fate.
#174  December 16, 2022, 04:08:59 pm
    • USA
Neco-Arc teased that she has more invasion plan ideas. And given how much these last couple boss rushes deal with the Multiverse, and even old MB Miyako makes an appearance as a boss, I wonder if the next possible DLC wave could be an invasion of classic Melty characters. Len, Nanaya, Sion, Nero, Ryougi… I dunno. It could be fun. And a cheap and easy way to get them back into the game.

Why do I feel like we’re just gunning for an HD remake of AACC by this point lol