YesNoOk

Chatman's WIP's (Goenitz) -Palette template Available (Read 20220 times)

Started by Chatman, July 03, 2015, 04:47:22 am
Share this topic:
Chatman's WIP's (Goenitz) -Palette template Available
#1  July 03, 2015, 04:47:22 am
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
What's up Guild. As some may know, I'm coding for MK vs SF, but to break some of the monotony I have decided to go back to some personal character coding.

I was kinda just struck by the desire to get back to making the Goenitz that I lost a while ago, so I'm back to him as a wip, this time working out  of a dropbox so a computer loss won't end me.
As stated in the title, he will be a 6 button character with the POTS character works, but I'm also interested in adding drive cancels and blowbacks since I like offensively oriented gameplay, and inspired by SF5, perhaps something akin to a V-trigger. Dropping custom combo is on the table too. I'm not so certain on the second part however.

Basic movement is coded, and even though I just started today, all of Goenitz's gethits as well as his stance is separated, and some pieces are separated throughout (the boots and cloak underside for example).

Here's a movelist:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

In addition, I have plans to code Mature next alongside my Vega.

Questions, comments, and concerns welcome.

Update, palette template:
Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:00:33 am by Chatman
Re: Chatman's WIP's (Custom POTS based Goenitz)
#2  July 03, 2015, 04:48:41 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Great to know you are back
definitly keeping an eye on this
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

lui

#3  July 03, 2015, 04:53:39 am
    • USA
Aye I was just suggesting picking up Goenitz to victorys since you weren't able to literally 5 mins ago, glad to know youre back!
#4  July 03, 2015, 04:59:56 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Oh Chat, you back! :D
#5  July 03, 2015, 05:04:02 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
Oh, this looks promising, I color separated his pants on all his basic ground attacks and his intros as I was working on him some time ago, but I ended up dropping him (don't know if those sprites would be useful for you, they look like this).

Best of luck with this guy :)

#6  July 03, 2015, 05:07:51 am
  • Raging Fist
Holy hell he's back!
Welcome back bud!! As far as a Lvl 3 is concerned, have you tried Shin Ya Otome: Jissoukoku/ЖИССКОКУ?
https://youtu.be/a7t0MfUtk58?t=14s Its this move.
Goenitz also has a  HDSM move that can be a good lvl 3 move PLUS it can connect to another move: The Ibuki Nagayo with Tsuika Kougeki from KOF2k2UM.
Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:15:01 am by Flowrellik
#7  July 03, 2015, 05:15:21 am
    • USA
Oh, this looks promising, I color separated his pants on all his basic ground attacks and his intros as I was working on him some time ago, but I ended up dropping him (don't know if those sprites would be useful for you, they look like this).

Best of luck with this guy :)
I wish I had known that before I started my separation, dang. I'm a bit too far along to use it now unfortunately. Thanks though!
Holy hell he's back!
Welcome back bud!! As far as a Lvl 3 is concerned, have you tried Shin Ya Otome: Jissoukoku/ЖИССКОКУ?
I felt that it would be redundant to have a move so similar to another super as his level 3, which is why I'm going to be using it as a MAX super rather than a Lvl 3. Thanks for the suggestion though man! Thanks to everyone else for the welcome as well.

#8  July 03, 2015, 05:27:11 am
  • Raging Fist
owo that sounds like a superb idea indeed!
Btw, How does  Ibuki Nagayo + Tsuika Kougeki option sound for Lvl 3 then?
#9  July 03, 2015, 05:41:37 am
    • USA
I don't know, I'm just really not a huge fan of it. I suppose it could work with the right coat of polish though. At current most of my ideas have been running parallel to it anyways.

I do have in my head though. Goenitz would slash the opponent several times before lifting them and forming the tornado around him and the opponent before letting them be swept into it and pushed into another whirlwind by the first he spawned so they're sandwiched between them, before teleporting up to their position and smashing them down into the ground, forming an Orochi pillar powerful enough to dissipate both tornadoes.
#10  July 03, 2015, 07:11:38 am
  • Raging Fist
sounds good bud :o. I wonder, will there be a pal template on him?
#11  July 07, 2015, 12:42:26 am
    • USA
Finished up Goenitz's normal attacks beyond the damage values, which I still need to extract.

Images in spoiler:

The color separation is...still in progress.
#12  July 07, 2015, 04:29:28 pm
    • Vietnam
    • wtf874@gmail.com
Does he have chain combo ?
Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:33:27 pm by Ragna_Bloodedge
#13  July 07, 2015, 05:01:46 pm
    • USA
Only his command normal Uranagi can be chained into, like in some KOF games.
#14  July 09, 2015, 12:52:52 am
    • USA
Yonokaze and it's EX versions are finished:

More images in the spoiler:
The EXs are the only ones worth talking about further, as they have some fairly interesting properties. They also startup much faster than the normal version and have a longer duration.

Punch combinations have 3 frames of invincibility on startup and can be used very situationally as an anti-air or reversal. They spawn two tornadoes directly behind and in front of the player and are a makeshift shield of sorts.
x+y: The tornadoes simply spin in place until they become inactive.
x+z: The tornadoes start out stagnant and then slowly move away from the player after 30 frames.
y+z: The tornadoes once more start out stationary, but then close in on the player after 30 frames.

The kicks have the same behavior, but home in on the sides of the enemy instead.

EDIT: Is there anyone who converts special effects to hi-res who may be able to help me with the Yonokaze effect? I attempted to do it myself, but i have found any way to make it look good, even after separating the pieces or trying different blurs and sharpening filters.
Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:55:53 am by Chatman
#15  July 09, 2015, 01:28:22 am
    • USA
I believe there was a some point a thread with some sprites redone in hi-res. I remember all his wind attacks were done, but I can't seem to find the topic as I wanted to use some things from it as well. Good luck with everything btw. Coming along nicely.

Found it
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/frozs-graphic-workshop-140268.20.html
Then I realized you might already have these my mistake
Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:36:32 am by ShinRei
#16  July 09, 2015, 01:44:55 am
    • USA
Yeah, he actually did the rest of the effects I'm using because at the time I wasn't too good at it. Shout out to @Froz! Coincidentally the only ones I don't seem to have are those that I needed the most help with. Thanks though man.
#17  July 09, 2015, 05:30:33 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
Froz sent me all the Goenitz FX he made some time ago, including some ones that aren't in that topic if I remember correctly. I can send them to you if you want.

#18  July 09, 2015, 06:32:04 am
    • USA
Please do, I would appreciate it a lot!
#19  July 13, 2015, 12:27:44 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
This is why I love leaving for extended periods of time, but coming back randomly and finding stuff like this.  Very excited, can't wait for the template ... I'll deff. put some work in for him!   8)
#20  July 16, 2015, 05:18:20 pm
    • USA
Wanpyou Tokobuse/Shou/Mametsu are done, though I'm having a hard time capturing screenshots. I'm aiming to have the color separation and palette template done today. All that's left is the beard and wristbands, and catching whatever stray pixels there are.