YesNoOk

Brand new and have some questions :) (Read 2725 times)

Started by erockbrox, April 29, 2021, 08:02:40 am
Share this topic:
Brand new and have some questions :)
#1  April 29, 2021, 08:02:40 am
    • USA
Hi, I'm brand new here, but not brand new to the concept of Mugen.

I remember back in the probably early 2000's that this program Mugen existed, it was a lot more primitive back then, but basically if you wanted to create your own fighting game, here was an engine that could do it.

Fast forward 20 years, yes I have seen lots of youtube videos of Mugen battles. The thing that I like about Mugen is that I've always wanted to see a Capcom vs SNK 3 game with pixel artwork in it but that never really came out officially. Meanwhile people have made this dream come true with the Mugen engine.

I'm here because I want to do a custom version of Superman or Spiderman and have it submitted to the database of playable characters that people can use in their games.

Since this is going to be an edit of an already existing sprite then I know that I can use the already existing Spider-man animations and pixel art as seen here:

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/spiderman-a.html

But for Superman, I think it does exist, but I would need to know where to find it.

But anyways, since I really don't know much of the details evolved in making a character within this community, I would need to know how the whole process works.

Get the animation frames, get the hit boxes and attack boxes set up, put it in a file, submit to this Mugen guild. Something like this I'm sure.

Also would anyone know of a good pixel artist or animator who works on custom characters as I most likely will have to commission some of the artwork?

So yes, I'm basically just seeking to make a character and submit it to the database for people to use in their games. Hopefully I can make something cool and have a contribution here.