YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247585 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#101  June 15, 2020, 10:18:50 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Those are some solid final choices, interested to see what you make for all their unique tactics, I expect Huey commands for Fiona, stand abilities for Jotaro, Kaioken/instant transmission for Goku, can't wait to see how you make these all work :)
#102  June 17, 2020, 03:02:36 am
  • If something smells, it wasn't me I swear.
    • USA
    • Skype - Thewayofthestoner
Those are some great choices for characters you've picked. Looking foward to the next update.
In Bigley we trust
#103  June 17, 2020, 03:03:31 am
    • USA
I'm surprised nobody requested Kung Fu Man honestly, even as a joke.
In Bigley we trust
#104  June 17, 2020, 04:03:42 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I've considered putting him in as a gag but the sprite difference bugs me.

So I've been watching a lot of videos of gameplay and stuff but I can't figure something out, can anyone familiar with Haunting Ground confirm for me if when Fiona uses Antimony Powder as a weapon, is she throwing the powder itself or a little orb with the powder in it? I can't tell because the item in her inventory looks like a little orb with the powder in it, but I'm not sure if that's just the container for it or if she throws the whole thing orb and all.

Download Last Bout now!
#105  June 17, 2020, 04:14:49 am
    • Brazil

So I've been watching a lot of videos of gameplay and stuff but I can't figure something out, can anyone familiar with Haunting Ground confirm for me if when Fiona uses Antimony Powder as a weapon, is she throwing the powder itself or a little orb with the powder in it? I can't tell because the item in her inventory looks like a little orb with the powder in it, but I'm not sure if that's just the container for it or if she throws the whole thing orb and all.

She just throws a little orb with the powder in it.
#106  June 17, 2020, 04:16:04 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks!

Download Last Bout now!
#107  June 17, 2020, 05:04:53 am
Played the august build again and noticed, that Alex dosen't have a running animation. Myabe this animation done by balmsold (author of Frank West sprites) for Jesuszilla's CVS conversion can be useful (might need a premisson to use it, tho):
#108  June 17, 2020, 05:19:52 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I'm late to the suggestions party, but I think a really good choice for the "World" side would be:  Bluestreak by Diepod & Jesuszilla

Kind of surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet. He was made in CvS style, and he's an awesome character with an awesome move set. You may need permission first, but it'd be worth asking for.
#109  June 17, 2020, 05:34:20 am
    • Brazil

I think you should consider this, though: Kung-Fu Man's whole point is that he is so simplistic it hurts, and that comes from his sprites as well, he is a very basic character in concept, moveset, name, art style and even story. Making him with any other sprites would be the weird thing, so adding him as he is would still fit enough.

I'm late to the suggestions party, but I think a really good choice for the "World" side would be:  Bluestreak by Diepod & Jesuszilla

Kind of surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet. He was made in CvS style, and he's an awesome character with an awesome move set. You may need permission first, but it'd be worth asking for.
Is he from a game? I thought he was an OC, which, for me, means he shouldn't really go in (I know Sean added his own OCs, but I don't think those should be in either, though since its his game, its none of my business complaining about this).
#110  June 17, 2020, 05:57:42 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Bluestreak was part of the first roster I came up with, but Diepod is constantly updating the sprites and is a perfectionist of high caliber, so I'm not sure he would even want him in the game at this point. This is not a knock on him in any way, I wouldn't want my stuff misrepresented or mishandled by someone using outdated sprites or gameplay.

Kung Fu Man as a gag character ala Cactuar would be funny and probably incredibly easy to code, so I may throw him in.

Also, you guys are free to not play as the SHADEs characters in the game, it's just for fun and nothing to take too seriously. "The World" covers basically whatever I want it to, and OC's are fair game, although they are from a game series: SHADEs of Manhattan. I put hundreds of hours of work into those three games, they have lore and endings and all that, so...

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:00:50 am by Sean Altly
#111  June 17, 2020, 06:42:45 am
    • Brazil

Like I said, it is your game and not my place to complain about those. Still, its good that you're considering KFM, I mean, he is the mascot of MUGEN itself, it would be kind of unfair to not have him.
#112  June 17, 2020, 07:17:23 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
to note I still have Akuma I never finished so I may have to finish him up now. lol
#113  June 18, 2020, 12:14:33 am
    • USA
Bluestreak would be awesome honestly, but I completely understand your sentiments.
In Bigley we trust
#114  June 18, 2020, 03:50:55 am
Since you didn't mention Guy, is he going to be in the next update? If you need someone on the World side to balance the roster, I would suggest you still go with Bloodtide, since I'm guessing she wouldn't require that much coding to be done and the World side desperatley needs a female rep.
#115  June 18, 2020, 05:15:36 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
to note I still have Akuma I never finished so I may have to finish him up now. lol

If you want to, I can add him ass a side character like Cactuar and the SHADEs bros, I know people loves them some Akuma

Since you didn't mention Guy, is he going to be in the next update? If you need someone on the World side to balance the roster, I would suggest you still go with Bloodtide, since I'm guessing she wouldn't require that much coding to be done and the World side desperatley needs a female rep.

Yeah like I said Guy is in the build I've been updating as one of those off to the side characters, so he'll def be in the next release, maybe just not a main roster dude. Also I feel you about the female reps, I just wish there were more sprites out there besides the SNK characters. Maybe I should add Mai instead of Terry down the line, Mai is just as iconic to the Fatal Fury series and would mix things up. If I had all the time in the world I would make sprites for Lara Croft, I've always thought she would be a cool Mugen character (with a mixture of guns and like spike traps and swinging log traps and shit, sort of like Rocket Raccoon in UMVC3).

Also I forgot to respond to the Alex run sprites, I've seen those before and there's just always been something off about the proportions to me, like he's a little too puffy and it irks me. May still use them but I think Alex works as one of the few characters with a dash instead of a run.

Download Last Bout now!
#116  June 18, 2020, 06:37:43 am
    • Brazil

You could add Nakoruru or Hibiki, they're both cool girls from SNK. Dampir also made some cool CvS Sprites for Chizuru:

Also, Touhou could have some representation here too. Hoe2's Marisa has some cool sprites, but I think it would need better palettes to fit CvtW:

Bosouvy's Meiling seems pretty cool as well:

Also, give it another look on Ahrimanes' Orchid, she is really not that bad:

If you want some girls for Capcom side, there are always Poison, Tessa, Felicia...
Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:43:53 am by Macaulyn97
#117  June 18, 2020, 06:58:08 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
If you're looking for another female rep for The World's side, someone made Alena Tsarevna from Dragon Quest IV for Mugen. Her sprites are pretty CvS-esque and I think she'd fit in.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=343ADE6B805FFBBD%21138&cid=343ADE6B805FFBBD

And since I haven't actually posted here yet, I'm very excited to see you continuing this game! I'm also pretty stoked to see Shawn Spencer being made for it, Psych is such a great show.
Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:03:16 am by ShiroTori
#118  June 18, 2020, 09:32:38 am
    • Mexico
Personally I love SHADES and I think having them around for CVTW is great, the more the merrier I’d say. You’ve crafted some very memorable characters and stories with them, I’d argue that they’re a lot more than just “OCs” at this point. If you want more SHADES characters to cameo without making them playable, you can have them be dolls in the Debilitas special for Fiona.
#119  June 18, 2020, 12:46:55 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
If you want to, I can add him ass a side character like Cactuar and the SHADEs bros, I know people loves them some Akuma

Can he not be a boss char of sorts? I know you had Final Bosses planned unless they're to be more gimmicky.

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#120  June 18, 2020, 06:07:59 pm
On top of the options above, there's also Matrimelee. I do recall you considered Clara at some point: