YesNoOk

Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet (Read 284272 times)

Started by Rabano, December 04, 2022, 11:55:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet
#61  January 03, 2023, 02:34:11 am
    • Argentina
Sorry for the lack of updates, I was busy this month, but thanks to all for the ideas, I didn't expect to have this amount of traction, and I know what I can do with him next.

Right now I did two new animations, one is a new HP, exactly the same as his HP from Final fight Revenge.

and the second one its just part of probably a super, where he slash his knifes.

#62  January 03, 2023, 04:21:36 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
No worries, take your time.
Those animations are so smooth, and it fits perfectly for the character. It's crazy to think a minor character of the FF franchise could make so much hype, but here we are. Excellent.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#63  January 03, 2023, 06:20:46 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks you ^^

btw I worked a little more on this Super, dont know what name I can give to it:

#64  January 03, 2023, 08:00:46 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#65  January 03, 2023, 11:21:29 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
OH MY GOD. YES! I'm incredibly speechless.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#66  January 04, 2023, 02:43:17 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
That looks dope! I wonder if he could fight with bare hands like Vega.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#67  January 05, 2023, 12:20:32 am
    • Argentina
I finished painting two of his winning poses and one intro

#68  January 05, 2023, 01:10:34 am
  • A.K.A. NED
#69  January 05, 2023, 01:16:45 am
    • Argentina
I finished painting two of his winning poses and one intro

Great ones!
This is what you can call new animations!

Thanks, I had another one that I didnt finish and one that its just him falling from the top of the screen, kinda like Rolento.

and Speaking of Rolento, because in the lore he hates him I wanted to do a specific animation for him if he fights against his old boss, maybe him slowly descending from the same hook he uses in one of Rolento's Supers.
#70  January 05, 2023, 09:06:22 pm
    • Argentina
here's how this super will look like, I called it "Guerrilla Slayer"

Lvl 1:

Lvl 2:

I also made this animation of him putting and taking off his hood, Im not sure in what I can use it, probably in victory or intro poses
#71  January 06, 2023, 04:35:02 am
    • Mexico
I really thought that this dude was a very random choice for a WIP, but I LOVE how he is going and turning out, your craft improves with each sprite.

If you're still looking for moves, I was thinking that he could use a move similar to Cody's Bad Spray but where he instead stabs the opponent on the foot and stuns them for a bit. Could also just be a regular projectile special too.

Big fan of your work btw!
#72  January 06, 2023, 05:37:14 pm
    • Argentina
I really thought that this dude was a very random choice for a WIP, but I LOVE how he is going and turning out, your craft improves with each sprite.

If you're still looking for moves, I was thinking that he could use a move similar to Cody's Bad Spray but where he instead stabs the opponent on the foot and stuns them for a bit. Could also just be a regular projectile special too.

Big fan of your work btw!

Thanks you so much ^^

I like your idea honestly, I can imagine that the EX version of it its him stabbing your foot and the dragging you into the ground just to stab/punch you again. I'll think about that!

Right now I decided what moves I can do with the kick buttons; The stand/dash/roll move I wanted to add is now a dash forward that I called "Ambush".

which, during the dash you can follow up with a quick knife attack by pressing a punch button

I have in mind that if you press a a kick button instead its follow up with a slow grabbing move, not sure about what grab can be, Im thinking about him tackling you to the ground or a body slam like Benimaru's.
#73  January 06, 2023, 07:16:03 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
I have been seeing the progress of this char, and I have to say, I admire your dedication.

You once did a Retsu, correct?

Please keep up the good work!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#74  January 06, 2023, 07:19:24 pm
    • Argentina
I have been seeing the progress of this char, and I have to say, I admire your dedication.

You once did a Retsu, correct?

Please keep up the good work!  :bjugoi:

Thanks you, and also I make a POTS version of Retsu, but the sprites where made by Lessard. El Gado its my first fully sprited character.
#75  January 07, 2023, 12:07:38 am
    • Argentina
I made a new attack (yeah another one, today was a productive day).

its a flying kick:

Which, when landing, does a Sweap:

this is a rought demostration of how it looks like;

#76  January 07, 2023, 12:54:10 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
That is a really cool move idea, Rabano. And well animated, too.
#77  January 07, 2023, 01:34:34 pm
    • Argentina
I was thinking last night about adding something to El Gado design, as I said at the start I used PrimeOP's sprite as a base for this character, but I changed some stuff in the design to make it less busy and more easy, but one detail I feel like I should add back are the knifes aroung his body, he (and Hollywood) are assassins with a ton of knifes under their sleeves, so it has sense to have more of it in his desings, so I came up with this.

I dont feel its going to take so long to add them, after all 90% of the sprites are still in flat color, so I still have work to do.

Also, speaking of changes, one thing I want to do once I finally finish with the sprites is doing a color separation variant, its kinda easy to me because of the program Im using, and it would look like this:

So in that way you can get more creative with the palettes you want to give him, and not be limited by the same colors being used in other parts of his desing.

#78  January 07, 2023, 01:52:57 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I made a new attack (yeah another one, today was a productive day).

its a flying kick:

Which, when landing, does a Sweap:

this is a rought demostration of how it looks like;

Good job!!
I like it! It makes the charcter fighting in a very specific way!

-What is the base for these kicks? I'm not sure to recognize.

-Both animation looks ok, separated. Good moves!
But when you chain them together, it would look even better if he do the sweep kick part in a reverse motion.

So many possible uses of these kicks... Reminds me how Ibuki spin kicks works....

I was thinking last night about adding something to El Gado design, as I said at the start I used PrimeOP's sprite as a base for this character, but I changed some stuff in the design to make it less busy and more easy, but one detail I feel like I should add back are the knifes aroung his body, he (and Hollywood) are assassins with a ton of knifes under their sleeves, so it has sense to have more of it in his desings, so I came up with this.

I dont feel its going to take so long to add them, after all 90% of the sprites are still in flat color, so I still have work to do.

Also, speaking of changes, one thing I want to do once I finally finish with the sprites is doing a color separation variant, its kinda easy to me because of the program Im using, and it would look like this:

So in that way you can get more creative with the palettes you want to give him, and not be limited by the same colors being used in other parts of his desing.

Oh, you go for a CS! Good idea since he have very simlple color scheme.
Still doing with Sai ? Anyway, keep it up!

#79  January 07, 2023, 02:17:25 pm
    • Argentina
Good job!!
I like it! It makes the charcter fighting in a very specific way!

-What is the base for these kicks? I'm not sure to recognize.

-Both animation looks ok, separated. Good moves!
But when you chain them together, it would look even better if he do the sweep kick part in a reverse motion.

So many possible uses of these kicks... Reminds me how Ibuki spin kicks works....

Thanks you! I used Scorpion from Martial Masters as a base for this kicks and his Super, someone mentioned him for his "Crawling Scorpion" pose, but after checking the character out I found a ton of cool looking moves.

about the kick, I think it looks better in game with actual movement and Gravity involve, the intention was to him to rotate his body in the first kick, and after landing he's in the perfect position to do that sweap

but now that you're mentioning it, I think I should change or add a new frame to sell the idea of him rotating his body for the kick.

Oh, you go for a CS! Good idea since he have very simlple color scheme.
Still doing with Sai ? Anyway, keep it up!

Yeah, Im still using Sai, its working pretty good so far, at least for now.
#80  January 08, 2023, 07:29:10 pm
    • Argentina
I added a layer on the spritesheet to see how he looks with the knifes and I think he looks good.

And I think Im near completion with him, of course I still need to shade the sprites, but there's not to much to add for him.
Im really happy how he's looking so far, I can see doing more of those in the future, The one I want to do so badly its Abel.