YesNoOk

Luigi by Warner: Revamping time! (Read 7063 times)

Started by Hyogo, October 14, 2013, 06:57:37 pm
Share this topic:
Luigi by Warner: Revamping time!
#1  October 14, 2013, 06:57:37 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Hello, You might of noticed my thread over in the Idea Engineering section of the forum where I will be re-shading Luigi's Sprites originally by the spriter called Warner.

Y'see, I'm not exactly happy how they came out, they look so...Basic and I dunno why but I thought "Wow, What would it be like if someone were to re-shade all his sprites making them look ALOT nicer and hopefully have a new Luigi introduced into Mugen with a new type of gameplay!"

And here we have it, Luigi's revamp is in the works, I will not be doing any of the new sprites added in aperson89's Luigi (Unless it looks similar to Warner's spriting style) So don't count on seeing some attacks from Brawl (AKA, His Luigi Cyclone launcher)

I have some plans in mind, Such as a movelist, particular play styles and whatnot, I will explain these as soon as I've fully planned them out
Spoiler: Planned Movelist (click to see content)
Spoiler: Planned Playstyle (click to see content)

If you want to see some examples and differences compared to the Original sprites, Please look at this thread.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/luigi-sprite-revamp-154283.0.html

I'm looking to hopefully find a Coder who's familiar with "POTS" styled creations to take interest, If someone like Infinite or someone who can replicate his style of gameplay were to jump in, We could have Luigi play in other styles too! Or it'd be great to see him go along with Movie Mario for Capcom Vs The World.

I will keep this thread updated with possible changes when they happen.
Thanks for reading and I hope this is good news to others, I won't let this project die because this is something I WANT to happen!
Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:01:26 am by Sire Hyogo.
Re: Luigi by Warner: Revamping time!
#2  October 14, 2013, 08:04:20 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Added some Special moves to his movelist, It's still in W.I.P so it'll be updated when more ideas come to mind.

Also I lied, here's one of his frames for the Shoryuken.

Feel free to suggest any name-changes or ideas (Such as what Luigi could do for his Shoryuken, since I don't think his Smash version wouldn't work that well for something to play similar to POTS characters)
#3  October 14, 2013, 08:55:56 pm
  • Do the Mario!
    • USA
    • alannunes77@gmail.com
Cool man! I hope you give the man in green a nice looking revamp!
#4  October 14, 2013, 11:33:27 pm
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
You could make his DP electric, making it a reference to the lighting glove from M&L: SS. Another idea is you could give a gomba stomp like move he can do in midair via chun's from the vs series. Personally, I'd have his fireball float like it does in melee, just to differ him from his bro, but that's my opinion. I'll keep a eye on this project!
#5  October 14, 2013, 11:51:56 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
That's not a half bad idea.

It could be used as the EX Versions for Super Jump Punch and Luigi Cyclone now that you mention it.
#6  October 20, 2013, 09:33:51 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Looks very promising ... will keep an eye on this thread, awaiting a palette template :-)
#7  October 20, 2013, 10:54:33 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I think for the EX version of Super Jump Punch he should land on his head, like in Brawl.
Nice spriting, I'll be following this project.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#8  October 20, 2013, 10:58:54 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?