YesNoOk

World Heroes 1 Deathmatch stages with full interactivity: COMPLETE PACK (Read 15348 times)

Started by Lasombra Demon, June 07, 2021, 02:10:38 pm
Share this topic:
World Heroes 1 Deathmatch stages with full interactivity: COMPLETE PACK
#1  June 07, 2021, 02:10:38 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
World Heroes 1 complete stages with music and full interactivity.

Enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/12apqozisyztb6k/Deathmatch.7z/file

Found a small bug in Geegus' stage:

Please add the text in blue, to fix it, in the file "elecmine.cns", line 705.

[State 334, DontShowAfterBlast]
type = ChangeAnim
;trigger1 = AnimElemNo(1) = 0
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
trigger1 = Time > 2
value = 820

[State 334, Don'THit];Invinc to avoid double hit by blast AND juggling - this is accurate to source
trigger1 = 1
type = NotHitBy
value = SCA

[State 334, BackToNormal]
type = ChangeState
Trigger1 = Time > 600;RESPAWNTIME
value = 333
Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 09:59:52 pm by Lasombra Demon
Re: World Heroes 1 Deathmatch stages with full interactivity: COMPLETE PACK
#2  June 07, 2021, 06:04:32 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
amazing work! with attached char, in theory could you do stage finishers? like mortal kombat?
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#3  June 07, 2021, 07:56:15 pm
Thanks!

Yes, you could! They are even simpler than average stage threats, since they only need to be active for a single circumstance and when the round ends.

:D
Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:00:17 pm by Lasombra Demon
#4  June 10, 2021, 02:45:24 am
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/bn6ymdvllj9lf/Mugen_Stages
Again thank you very much for your hard work.
As i said before i suggest to increase the amount of damage from the hazards. It cause much less pain than could. Would be nice add more tension and emotion. I set diferent patches to me cause i think it's easer manage the files (personal taste only).
Another suggestion: set WH2 minefield B as the WH2 minefield A second round cause they're redundant (i did it here and works fine for me)
It's a bit hard to walk in WH1 Fuuma DM, more than really should be. I got a stuck a few times.
Also you could put the eletric sound effect in the apropriate rings.

The explosion animation got stuck the whole fight. Used in practice mode.

Here it seems that the eletric field got doubled at the end of the round for some reason. Used in watch mode.

Anyway i'm very happy with all these stuff. Now Ikemen just must have a way to set a proper Death Match option in the menus HA!
Thank you all!

Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:48:31 am by Reginukem
#5  June 10, 2021, 01:46:24 pm
Hey there! Thanks for all the feedback!

The explosion animation got stuck the whole fight. Used in practice mode.
Here it seems that the eletric field got doubled at the end of the round for some reason. Used in watch mode.
Did you try patching the line of code I added in the first post? I think both these bugs are related to that.

Another suggestion: set WH2 minefield B as the WH2 minefield A second round cause they're redundant (i did it here and works fine for me)
That is a very good idea, will do it when I rerelease everything/have my own site.

It's a bit hard to walk in WH1 Fuuma DM, more than really should be. I got a stuck a few times.
The logic of World Heroes oil effect is kinda hard to replicate because IKEMEN logic tends to override whatever speed I define for players; I do remember getting kinda "stuck" in World Heroes sometimes. Try jumping to avoid this, or just keep moving.

I do have some ideas on how to overhaul the system, but right now it just applies a positive VelMul if you are moving, and will freeze you for while if you stay in place and don't move.

Also you could put the eletric sound effect in the apropriate rings.
I did put the effect... It's just very low. I need to ramp up the volume for it. Noted.

Again thank you very much for your hard work.
As i said before i suggest to increase the amount of damage from the hazards. It cause much less pain than could. Would be nice add more tension and emotion. I set diferent patches to me cause i think it's easer manage the files (personal taste only).
Well, I'm developing a whole new set of highly customized WH Deathmatch Stages; check the damage in this video:

Anyway i'm very happy with all these stuff. Now Ikemen just must have a way to set a proper Death Match option in the menus HA!
Thank you all!
Thank you for your kind words and all your feedback! Keep it coming!
#6  June 11, 2021, 02:37:28 am
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/bn6ymdvllj9lf/Mugen_Stages
The logic of World Heroes oil effect is kinda hard to replicate because IKEMEN logic tends to override whatever speed I define for players; I do remember getting kinda "stuck" in World Heroes sometimes. Try jumping to avoid this, or just keep moving.

I do have some ideas on how to overhaul the system, but right now it just applies a positive VelMul if you are moving, and will freeze you for while if you stay in place and don't move.

OK I understand. Another idea. Watch here:

jump to 01:50

ZVitor's Iceman has a move were the frozen enviroment just make the enemy slips on ice from time to time. Could this be an alternative?
Like the oil just make the enemy slip instead of slide?

Did you try patching the line of code I added in the first post? I think both these bugs are related to that.
Yes i did.

Well, I'm developing a whole new set of highly customized WH Deathmatch Stages; check the damage in this video:
Loved the idea. Simple but effective. reminds me some hazards in Streets of Rage games.
About the amount of damage i think that one third of this is enough, but it's just my opinion.

Keep the good work. Saludos!
Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 02:58:05 pm by Reginukem
#7  June 11, 2021, 10:33:52 pm
ZVitor's Iceman has a move were the frozen enviroment just make the enemy slips on ice from time to time. Could this be an alternative?
Like the oil just make the enemy slip instead of slide?
Having the enemy just trip if they are walking for too long? It's an option... So it would encourage jumping, right?

Loved the idea. Simple but effective. reminds me some hazards in Streets of Rage games.
About the amount of damage i think that one third of this is enough, but it's just my opinion.
I wanted to make the custom stages VERY hazardous, in contrast to World Heroes 2 where they are barely a nuisance.

Keep the good work. Saludos!
Gracias por todas las ideas!

EDIT: Reginukem, thanks for you help on Geegus' stage, I checked and I think I've now fixed all bugs. I'll eventually get a site and release everything with smaller upgrades (like the electricity effect being louder, and longer and more pauses when the hazards hit).
Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:51:28 pm by Lasombra Demon
#8  November 12, 2021, 05:08:08 am
These stages are great. I just started using Ikemen this week, and it was partly due to the fact that I love World Heroes death match stages and I saw this topic and I had to try it. Is there a way to increase the damage caused by these stage hazards. I was playing the spikes level from WH1 and I noticed the spikes didn't do very much damage at all. Great work, either way!
#9  November 14, 2021, 05:59:46 am
Beast with friends, be sure to check out my newer topic!

With Reginukem's help I've made the whole World Heroes saga interactives stage pack in a single file.

To add more damage to the hazards (which is actually accurate to source; hazards were not very hazardous in WH games), you have to look up in the corresponding files (CNS) for an entry which is called HitDef, and then look for the damage done.

Good luck editing the files, let me know if you need help!
#10  November 14, 2021, 02:48:56 pm
Thank you : )... If it's source accurate, I'll probably leave it. This was one of the first games I played in arcades when I was a little kid. I think my memory of the damage is just a little hazy haha.... I actually found your topic on WH2 stages since I posted, and I ended up using a lot of those stages in my build instead. I'm really excited to get into your Eternal Champions and Real Bout Stages next, and of course classic SF 2 stages.

Thanks again. When I was younger, people always heard World Heroes Perfect was the best in the series, but I always thought World Heroes 2 was because of Death Matches. Now I can combine them!