YesNoOk

12 characters updated (Read 12707 times)

Started by PotS, March 26, 2008, 03:11:05 am
Share this topic:
12 characters updated
#1  March 26, 2008, 03:11:05 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Boring changelog

That's all the "normal" chars except Nakoruru.  Not updating her yet because I want to add some more new stuff, so I can move to another char.

PATCH

Note that some chars need to be redownloaded for some stuff to appear, listed below:

Ryu:
- Different Lv3 super portrait for his evil self
- Some different SFX
- Some tweaked sprite edits
Karin:
- Midnight Bliss and cheap KO
Shin Gouki:
- A "new" effect in the Lv2 super pause (same as other chars)
- Some tweaked sprite edits
Vega:
- Follow-up kick super

http://www.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Re: 12 characters updated
#2  March 26, 2008, 03:34:33 am
  • Hugest mugen fan ever made
 :suttrox:

Do I really have to say how much I was waiting for this????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
#3  March 26, 2008, 03:59:42 am
  • Still in Prison...
Damn P.o.t.S you did it again man! impressive! :sugoi: :sugoi: :sugoi: :sugoi: :sugoi:

Been Through Worse....
#4  March 26, 2008, 04:03:09 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
the main links on the site are already updated?
#5  March 26, 2008, 04:11:00 am
    • Portugal
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#6  March 26, 2008, 04:21:38 am
    • www.wix.com/Gmasta/mugen-page
yay, has [glow=red,2,300]Sakura's dark form[/glow] been update as well

my site http://www.wix.com/Gmasta/mugen-page NEW RELEASE
A shame. Thats how the MUGEN world is, sadly
#7  March 26, 2008, 04:23:29 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
the main links on the site are already updated?
Yeah. Why do you ask, did I forget to update one of them?

no... not that. recently i've wiped out my Hard drive of everything mugen related (put everything on backup dvds) and when i get to rebuild my main compilation, i will probably re-download everything from your site, so i just wanted to make sure if i needed to bookmark this topic or not.
#8  March 26, 2008, 05:11:59 am
  • corner push pusher
Your log speaks for itself so I won't post anything redundant. However I will ask this (something I should've asked a long time ago): why are Vega's supers CMD inputs not officially CVS? Sure, I can change the CMD and set it the way I want but still...
#9  March 26, 2008, 05:29:26 am
    • Portugal
Originally meant to have Lv1 supers as quarter-circles and leave the charging for Lv2 and 3.  Would've made more sense if he also add a charge+kick super, yeah.
#10  March 26, 2008, 05:47:29 am
  • corner push pusher
I see. Well, I guess that would be my only gripe - not officially CVS(2). Which reminds me: I was going to say something about Yuri's Raiou Ken but that'd be useless bitching.

Nice updates Pots. You're still the #1 MUGEN author in my book (your Vega vs Splode's Captain Commando - priceless). Now, back to finding out other crazy shit in Rare Akuma (just found out about the "not rare akuma" a few days ago  :-X)
#11  March 26, 2008, 06:09:26 am
  • idk
    • www.freewebs.com/dehvidtillos
Downloading... ;D
#12  March 26, 2008, 06:18:22 am
    • Portugal
I was going to say something about Yuri's Raiou Ken but that'd be useless bitching.
"Bitching" is feedback as well ;P, I'm list-err... reading.

Now, back to finding out other crazy shit in Rare Akuma (just found out about the "not rare akuma" a few days ago  :-X)
Haha, that char ended up having the most easter eggs out of everything I've done.
And thanks btw.
#13  March 26, 2008, 06:33:15 am
  • *The Shadow*
    • www.freewebs.com/plaza24
#14  March 26, 2008, 06:42:34 am
  • corner push pusher
#15  March 27, 2008, 04:06:16 am
That's all the "normal" chars except Nakoruru.  Not updating her yet because I want to add some more new stuff, so I can move to another char.

Some new stuff? Will that be special moves such as Shichikabu Etu Brute and Lela O Chikiri? Or making her seem similar to your other characters such as having an AI and whatnot?
#16  March 27, 2008, 06:06:33 am
    • Portugal
Nothing really to say other than I wanted the Raiou Ken to be CVS standard. But that's ok because these fighters aren't meant to be %100 identical to the games they come from.
Oh, I just like the physical version too much, and having it plus making the classic Raiouken start on the ground wouldn't be as neat.

Will that be special moves such as Shichikabu Etu Brute and Lela O Chikiri? Or making her seem similar to your other characters such as having an AI and whatnot?
IIRC Lela O Chikiri was only introduced when SS ditched classic throws in favour of those guard breaks, was originally simply her kick throw which is how Capcom (and I) used it.
Dunno about Shichikabu Etu Brute... doesn't she have too much hawkness already? Would be easy to implement though, no edits.  The two hits version could be the EX, because I find it abusable, or make P2 stagger like in some of the SS games... or even annoy P2 and lock him in place like Demitri's bats.

The AI is already done, just need to add the "useless" normal attacks she never uses in CvS2, for diversity's sake, and maybe check SS for more AI patterns (only checked CvS2).

And I was talking about wall jump, Apefuchi Kamui Rimse and the "fatality".  Not sure about the last one though, it crossed my mind to instead make Elerush Kamui Rimse's auto combo switch to the heart stab if P2 is near-death.
Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:12:01 am by P.o.t.S.
#17  March 27, 2008, 06:56:10 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
...the "fatality".  Not sure about the last one though, it crossed my mind to instead make Elerush Kamui Rimse's auto combo switch to the heart stab if P2 is near-death.

Sounds good.  I believe Warusaki did that with CvS Haohmaru's level 3 super: Uber slash if it won't KO, fatality if it will.
#18  March 27, 2008, 04:08:00 pm
    • Poland
My favourite creator strikes again !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

But seriously really good stuff, now your old works are similar to new ones. They can be used for personal Mugen only with your chars. ;P I've seen people are more interesed in new chars instead of updates but I like when my fave chars are improved to get even better, also never enough of balance.

BTW link on your main page leads to old patch from 03.12.07... For lucky you place correct link in topics on forum. I suggest delete old patches.

"May The Force Be With You" xD
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#19  March 27, 2008, 07:47:45 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
Follow-up kick super

Yep yep. Now I'll replace Warusaki's with this version. I was waiting for Karin's Midnight Bliss as well.  :XD:

Removed automatic air recovery, it interfered with the opponent's juggle system
Remade the juggle system, it's now more fair and solid, but also Super Cancelling allows supers to always juggles

:sugoi:
Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:52:45 pm by Chosen_01
#20  March 27, 2008, 08:14:22 pm
  • Mammoth Syndicate
    • www.mammothsyndicate.com
I don't know if this was intentional or not but after the patch, Shin Gouki can not perform any supers during his F, D, DF, Kick flip move. Prior to the patch, he could do it every time, now I can't pull it off with any supers. If it's intentional, then I'll shut up. Otherwise I found a small bug.