YesNoOk

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Read 1404214 times)

Started by Umezono, February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus
#21  February 27, 2021, 05:27:07 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I can't describe how I'm truly feeling about this. First off, I kind of liked the chibi-styled artwork they used for the games this time. Probably something decent would work. But I do hope they don't be too faithful to the original otherwise, it'll be JUST LIKE the original with nothing new except graphical upgrades and attacks and that's nothing to be excited for imho. The one thing I am hopeful for is the Platinum-esque regional dex since Porygon-Z did made its appearance in the trailer and Porygon-Z was NOT in the regional dex in the original DP. So hopefully they'll bring something to mix in with the old. I fear we'll get a plain ol' Battle Tower over the awesome Battle Frontier. I'm still fumed and still angry over the cut dex issue SwSh has so unfortunately, my outlook on what Pokemon they'll allow is very skeptic. I'll get the game don't get me wrong but I won't go for both versions this time. If they don't do something new like give the Elite Four a unique battle theme or leave HMs dead, I'll be very pissed off.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#22  February 27, 2021, 05:27:10 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Looking forward to the secret postgame chapter with the silver-haired sword user cutting down skyscrapper-sized robots while in questionable attire.
The image of Haku-men suddenly saving the day only to challenge the protag in a Pokémon Battle on top of the early stages of Spear Pillar is too good to pass.

There's such a thing as being TOO faithful... I'm giving these remakes a chance but considering GameFreak's track record I have, of course, valid skepticism.
Once more, it's not Gamefreak that's developing this.  It's ILCA.  Only Masuda is overseeing the project.

Also, imaging being too authentic by bringing back 10 second save times.  Play like how we did back then wahaha
#23  February 27, 2021, 05:31:40 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:58:50 am by yaret
#24  February 27, 2021, 06:02:57 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Once more, it's not Gamefreak that's developing this.  It's ILCA.  Only Masuda is overseeing the project.

Also, imaging being too authentic by bringing back 10 second save times.  Play like how we did back then wahaha

First... oops, I forgot about that bit. My bad.

Second................ please no lol
#25  February 27, 2021, 06:29:11 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
looks 10 times better in sprites than 3D models, I bought a nintendo switch to play the pokemon next gen but Im getting this :/ its so sad
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhG7H3keXU[/youtube]

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. While I love the 2D sprites and all, I really liked (at least in the trailer) the 3D environment. I can't tell which one I like the most. I mean, we grew up with the 2D era, so there is a lot of nostalgia involved, but I always try to see the new generation games with "today's children" eyes, sometimes we need to appreciate what technology is cappable of now too.
#26  February 27, 2021, 06:30:18 am
    • USA
I really like how the overworld looks but the models feel very off to me. I'm not entirely set on the chibi style for the overworld. But the environments themselves I really like looking at.
#27  February 27, 2021, 06:41:13 am
    • Dominica
looks 10 times better in sprites than 3D models, I bought a nintendo switch to play the pokemon next gen but Im getting this :/ its so sad
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhG7H3keXU[/youtube]

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. While I love the 2D sprites and all, I really liked (at least in the trailer) the 3D environment. I can't tell which one I like the most. I mean, we grew up with the 2D era, so there is a lot of nostalgia involved, but I always try to see the new generation games with "today's children" eyes, sometimes we need to appreciate what technology is cappable of now too.

I know this game will sell a lot but Nexomon looks even much better than this one in 3D models in my opinion, Im not a developer but This 3D looks ugly to my eyes so I bought my Switch to get that next gen pokemon everybody were talking about.xD buuuuuut I havent seen it yet
Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:49:46 am by yaret
#28  February 27, 2021, 06:46:18 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
As is a crucial issue with all of the Pokemon games since X and Y, a large part of it comes down to the downright lifeless animations.  When you have something chibi, you expect it to be bouncing and lively and all over the place, making use of the cutesy style of animation.  As is, and likely will be in the game, they just look like miniature toys moving rigidly across a game board.  Like kid's anime Warhammer.

I don't expect it to be truly resolved by release but I also don't expect it to be a focal point of the game anyways.  Attention seems to be more placed in the backgrounds, which after SwSh's trees, is a good enough start I suppose.
#29  February 27, 2021, 06:56:46 am
    • Dominica
As is a crucial issue with all of the Pokemon games since X and Y, a large part of it comes down to the downright lifeless animations.  When you have something chibi, you expect it to be bouncing and lively and all over the place, making use of the cutesy style of animation.  As is, and likely will be in the game, they just look like miniature toys moving rigidly across a game board.  Like kid's anime Warhammer.

I don't expect it to be truly resolved by release but I also don't expect it to be a focal point of the game anyways.  Attention seems to be more placed in the backgrounds, which after SwSh's trees, is a good enough start I suppose.

yes you can see my point of view :)
#30  February 27, 2021, 08:35:56 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
the art direction is honestly pretty garbage. dont get why people are praising the backgrounds

#31  February 27, 2021, 09:08:35 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Save us Bamco
#32  February 27, 2021, 09:39:54 pm
    • Brazil
Well, if it's not being developed by Game Freak, maybe it has a chance of being good.
#33  February 27, 2021, 10:01:12 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm not so invested in Gen 4 that I'm gonna be super picky about it, but this remake is looking rough, graphically.  It's like they were aiming for a fusion of Link's Awakening and Sword/Shield and somehow managed to do both of them worse.

Pokemonster Hunter looks like it has promise, though.  An actual open world to explore and track down Pokemon feels like a natural expansion from what people wanted the Wild Area to be.  I wonder if the battles will be real-time as well.
#34  February 28, 2021, 01:15:07 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Looking forward to both. With the remake I hope it's in line with how good HG/SS and OR/AS were, that Pokémon post the original regions get in here, like newer gen Pokémon too. Interestingly it's NOT GameFreak who is been handling this remake. That neither concerns me or makes my expectations over the roof, but I will be optimistic, I want to give them a fair chance.

The Arceus one does remind me of BotW as well, but that's not a bad thing. GameFreak are the ones handling this, and this could be interesting. Hope it will be more to do than just stealth catch Pokémon and aimlessly level up Pokémon. Are we building an army to oppose our threats, kill them and claim Sinnoh for our own

Snap is looking beautiful, and I can't wait to see what more will be there. Lol at the new ball, the exact opposite to the pester ball.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#35  February 28, 2021, 01:31:04 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I don't hate the artstyle of the remakes. It's definitely not optimal, but it could be a lot worse.
#36  February 28, 2021, 01:46:22 am
    • USA
Took a day of mulling it over, but it just occurred to me what the 3D chibi art direction is reminding me of.

Ah, if only the Pokemon games were remotely in the realm of Final Fantasy spin-off knock-offs of Pokemon.  Though at least they don't have the same terrible voice acting issues.  Yet.  Between SwSh's awkward soundless vocal tracks and BotW's overall "meh" turnout with their mutes turned chatterboxes, not sure how I'd feel if the remakes added in voices finally as well.

Though if any Nintendo franchise should make the smoothest transition, it should be the one with a decades long established anime series with veteran voice actors.  As someone who hasn't seen the anime since I guess when they got rid of Brock and Misty, I would think it rather cool to have a consistent use of voice actors from the anime to rep their game version.

Also
the art direction is honestly pretty garbage. dont get why people are praising the backgrounds

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/564751959568154635/815068308817969183/1614393776188.png
That seems a little unfair.  The former is attempting to recreate the original specifically with the intent of faithfulness, also picking an intentionally barren room, the latter is updating an considerably older game to modern standards and is being more liberal with their changes to spice it up.  Frankly, wasn't a fan of the Switch remake of Link's Awakening's new looks and skipped out on it because of it.
Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:57:05 am by Long John Killer
#37  February 28, 2021, 02:35:41 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Still think that people are being to harsh on the art and graphic styles. I know it is not GREAT, but it's decent. That's what I meant in my previous post.
The chibi thing for example didn't bother me, it's just different and I think once the game releases people will get used to it.
Again, I'm not "wow this is looking awesome!", I'm just "oh ok, this is fine". And besides we are getting 2 Sinnoh games, so, not complaining.
#38  February 28, 2021, 03:18:47 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
The music sounds like DS midis...
#39  February 28, 2021, 03:50:18 am
    • USA
One of the things that gripes me most is that the remakes were sandwiched between two games that clearly have more effort put into them.

I'm hype for New Snap cause I loved the original, and Legends looks great... but from a 100% biased, entitled standpoint, it's understandably a little disappointing (at best) to me that the game I was looking forward to the most looks so bland, lazy, and uninteresting in comparison to two brand new spinoffs.

I blame my pessimism on the lack of information currently public regarding them, but I hope that the remakes answer all the questions they've brought up sooner rather than later.
#40  February 28, 2021, 03:57:21 am
    • USA
This is probably the actual bottom of the list curiosity for the Diamond/Pearl remakes, but I wonder if Hidden Power will come back now?  The move concept was fine, just freaking make it more accessible to understand for more casual players to make use of.  So unnecessarily cryptic about it, having to even guess which type it's set to if you don't have it memorized by heart.