YesNoOk

Various Old Feedback Threads (Read 52508 times)

Started by Laxxe23, July 02, 2008, 11:47:40 pm

Poll

should we have a potrait during the fight?

yes(hires)
11 (44%)
yes(norm res)
2 (8%)
no(they would clash with the lifebar)
12 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Various Old Feedback Threads
#1  July 02, 2008, 11:47:40 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
currently i have an idea that i have yet to discuss with sean, but here goes
based on if you guard right when the attack hits, or maybe tap foward, (havent decided yet)
im thinking maybe having a throw counter system implemented
on the intial succesful counter the character grabs the opponent
right after the opponent has a chance to escape by mashing buttons
if the escape is succesful, nothing happens otherwise the opponent can either toss the opponent into the air and immediately start on a air combo...hmmm havent really finished thinking this one through

but id like to hear ideas from you guys on what could be implemented
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
Re: Ideas/suggestions on the fighting system
#2  July 02, 2008, 11:53:35 pm
  • I got a PM.
Stage interaction would be nice kinda like syns metro stage and that elevator one hes got. But you guys are using other people stages so I can probably only dream.
#3  July 02, 2008, 11:54:44 pm
The problem with the throw counter system is that it makes doing throws too risky, and ruins any chance of Grapplers being decent.... This is assuming you have a grappler in the roster though.
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#4  July 03, 2008, 12:01:27 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Itens system. Using mk sprites, you can implement rocks and other things alike on the stages, jumping up when characters land or are thrown against the ground, etc.
You could then have a pickup move for each character that allows them to use the several objects around, or even characters that dispense objects.

#5  July 03, 2008, 12:35:46 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
based on if you guard right when the attack hits, or maybe tap foward, (havent decided yet)
if the escape is succesful, nothing happens otherwise the opponent can either toss the opponent into the air and immediately start on a air combo...hmmm havent really finished thinking this one through

I don't like the method for scaping, as an attacker i can just start mashing as soon as I know the attack should hit to avoid being ocuntered... now that I think about it, if I mash and the other guy just blocks I am ruining my chances to combo.
#6  July 03, 2008, 12:46:41 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle

I don't like the method for scaping, as an attacker i can just start mashing as soon as I know the attack should hit to avoid being ocuntered... now that I think about it, if I mash and the other guy just blocks I am ruining my chances to combo.
good point hmmmm
#7  July 03, 2008, 10:09:55 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm all for some interactivity with the stages, being able to use rocks and other stuff as weapon or shield. Even minor stuff like a stage with water on the ground, which splashes and makes noise when the characters walk on it.

An idea like that : Revised TOP mode from MOTW. Go read more about it if you don't know what it is, but basically, it gives you a boost in many aspect when you life is within a certain range, that you choose yourself at the beginning of the round. Being characters with superpowers, that would be a nice way to boost them up a bit for some time. It's also worthy to note that in MOTW, the characters gain an additionnal move while in TOP mode.

Another way, much simpler, to implement some char boost, would be to use the MAX mode system from KOF.
#8  July 03, 2008, 11:25:44 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
silvia suggested cutscenes, so i guess the arcade could be turned into a story mode
#9  July 03, 2008, 11:39:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Don't know how your throw characters work but you could have multi part throws ala King from Tekken that the opponent CAN escape from by pressing the appropriate buttons. Alternatively you could make throw escapes universal at the cost of some special bar and/or some life.

Though to balance it throw characters should have something to make them more formidable. Maybe you could implement a heat mode. When a character is in this mode they have new attributes. The ability to escape throws is one. But throws have better range and can even be used on a hit stun opponent.

I don't know, just a few ideas to help you brainstorm.
#10  July 04, 2008, 01:36:30 am
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
This is something I was working on the SxC project on my forums to make it a bit unique from the rest and I wasn't going share it but anyway this is purely optional.

Well Im sure you will have cut scenes and a winquote system.

Depending on if the characters will be place in a set order, how bout a character type ladder? You know like how games such as MK, Melty Blood AC, etc., to see who is the next and future opponents to come. Just my idea I was using like I said earlier to give it a full game feeling.

It could be coded as a win pose after the winquote and cutscenes.

Its nothing more than a suggestion.

Oh I was aware that this have nothing to do with the fight system before someone comes here and tries to make a scene.
Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:47:34 am by Ninno -29-
#11  July 04, 2008, 02:17:38 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
just had a convo with kamekaze and here is his idea
Zeckle - in case you havent guessed, im a jew says (7:53 PM):
so thought of anything that we could implement?
kamekaze says (7:53 PM):
well those despiration attacks
we could put more than just a life trigger around it
?
kamekaze says (7:53 PM):
like a meter that builds up as u fight
like what
ah
kamekaze says (7:54 PM):
and that meter could control other things too
even a custom combo-ish mode with it
kamekaze says (7:55 PM):
that can only be done when it maxes out
or even i max mode that allows infinite supers for a time. however they dont have the pause time
Zeckle - in case you havent guessed, im a jew says (7:56 PM):
ah i see
kamekaze says (7:57 PM):
heck you can even put in moves that require button presses
the possibilities are endless kinda
#12  July 04, 2008, 02:53:15 am
    • Poland
well you have unlimited possiblities because not limited sprites and this is full game so cool features can be implemented. For me more features + interaction = better (most full games is just bunch chars and staged from one creator/team with only few features which make true full game). I know i isn't actually suggestion but I hope opinions are allowed too.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#13  July 04, 2008, 02:47:24 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
sean and i have decided to have a super useable once per round only at low health
more suggestions are wanted to make the potential come forth
#14  July 04, 2008, 02:51:09 pm
Something like Tekken 6 where characters get into a Rage mode when they reach < 100 health? Throw in a variable that checks for this, some attackmulset, probably some PalFX to go with it?

Then you could code the lifebars as a helper, and then make the lifebars fiery or something when this happens.

#15  July 04, 2008, 02:58:45 pm
    • France
sean and i have decided to have a super useable once per round only at low health
Does this mean that each character we know will have a new super, or that you'll give the Level S super a new requirement ?
#16  July 04, 2008, 03:00:30 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Does this mean that each character we know will have a new super, or that you'll give the Level S super a new requirement ?
level s will have a new requirement
Something like Tekken 6 where characters get into a Rage mode when they reach < 100 health? Throw in a variable that checks for this, some attackmulset, probably some PalFX to go with it?

Then you could code the lifebars as a helper, and then make the lifebars fiery or something when this happens.

i was considering doing something along the lines of what kamekaze said for powerup stuff ie have another bar or have an indicator that allows you to powerup
Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:03:51 pm by Laxxe23
#17  July 04, 2008, 04:05:05 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Moving Traffic.
Thats it, moving traffic. imagine a fight atop a car where bottles and stuff gets thrown and flung as the opponents are fighting, perhaps even jumping from one car to another every few seconds, the fight could even have moments where its done in the middle of the road as the cars speed by at incredible speeds, sometimes an exclamation point flashing by warning the characters to jump out of the way of some larger ones headed their way.

Riot- A stage amidst a crowd of rioting persons, citizens passing by wielding weapons and attacking your characters amidst the fight, sometimes just passing by with stolen goods, can you finish the battle before the riot police appears?!

#18  July 04, 2008, 04:13:44 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
i read only the begining and some of the middle of this.

i personally think you should add a Dead Or Alive styled counter system. depending on the direction will depends on the counter throw, and if the opponent starts button mashing AFTER they are in the counter grab. you can easily break them apart with some kinda SFA counter effect and place them enough distance from each so no one can get cheap shots.
#19  July 05, 2008, 12:21:25 pm
a "light" super cancel system, so that you can cancel out of and into special moves/super moves, but not make crazy super chains like "omgzorrarelvl2" type characters
#20  July 06, 2008, 07:26:38 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Update:

got a counter grapple system in, basically like in tekken if two grabs connect then they cancel eachother out
currently its only implemented in snow, but soon will be implemented in all of the characters once sean finishes up the grapple sprites and changes the grab states to the correct states

we might go a step further and add a grapple system in that involves trying to win the grapple and succesfuly throw the opponent kind of like the dbz system of tapping a button faster or pressing button in a certain order faster, but thats not decided as of yet
Portrait or no portrait during fight
#21  August 12, 2008, 03:27:59 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
personally i think that it would clash with the lifebar, but thats my opinion, lets hear yours
Re: Portrait or no portrait during fight
#22  August 12, 2008, 03:48:33 pm
looking at the size of the life bars no portraits would be better (IMO)
#23  August 12, 2008, 07:01:26 pm
    • France
I'm for trying something like GlassBox's lifebars, with large portraits overlapping a little the lifebars in a stylish way.
Feedback from the beta testers
#24  August 14, 2008, 11:51:24 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
here is where the feedback will go for the beta testers
Re: Feedback from the beta testers
#25  August 15, 2008, 01:36:39 am
    • France
General game and two characters tested for now. Here goes my first input. Will test other chars after a good sleep. :)

MENU AND ALL :

- As said, mugen.cfg out of the molebox please.
- Music works very badly for me. Might want to put the plug-in folder out of molebox too, so that people can add their own one.
- Title screen : nice beginning, but still needs things to make it more original, such as different sounds, different big fonts, animations, etc.
- Select screen : nice. Fonts have to be changed, of course, and it would be a nice idea to create a specific font for the name of the chars, using "A" for Zenith, "B" for Maddigan, etc. This will allow you to hhave very stylish fonts for the names and really make it looks nicer. Of course, you'll also have to remake the fonts for the lifebar names in this case.
- This fonts idea could also be applied to the title screen if you want, a bit like Ziltama did for the coruscation screenpack.
- What are you planning for the background of the VS screen ? Sounds too ? And maybe animations too.
- The fonts for the lifebars are too big. The name "Moses Madiggan" goes on the other side of the lifebars since it's too long.
- During all the fights, there are some strange CLSN boxes at P1's place. Seems like the helper that created the power and gauge meters.
- P2 still has his small portrait. Remove it please for testing purpose.
- The display position of the life/damage (in debug mode) at the top of the screen really doesn't help testing. :(
- The diagonal part of the lifebar (the bottom one) is really edgy IMO. Any way to arrange that a little ?
- No number 0 (zero) for the hit combo counter ?

STAGES :

- NY City Sonata : Pink pixel at the bottom right of the stage.
- Crystal Tokyo Tower : put some layerno=1 at the bottom left and bottom right of the stage so that it doesn't look like the shadows of the chars are in "nothing" when one char is in the corner of the stage.
- Sewer : this stage lacks life IMO. It would be a perfect stage to implement some stage interaction, by having some water splashes when the chars jump. :)
- Clubbin' in the city just doesn't fit, as it's a high-res stage. Stick to only one kind of stages please, or it won't have a full-game feeling.

ZENITH :

- The intro CLSN doesn't make any sense. Wait, after looking at it, you made a common CLSN for the intro of all the characters ! o_O
- light punch : CLSN missing on a part of the move.
- Medium punch : CLSN missing on a part of the move.
- Medium punch : the swing sound is displayed before the pole swings.
- same thing concerning swing sound on hard punch, crouching hard punch.
- Blue CLSNs shouldn't be moving one crouching low punch.
- Too many CLSNs on qcb+P. And the swing sound displays before.
- Light punch juggles a lot apparently. Could juggle up to 7 times.
- superscythe has too many hitboxes on the scythe.
- His small portrait has abs, but not his big one.
- Some things in the CMD are quite strange, such as setting up several times the same command ("running" and "superkick3" for example).
- AI fight, Zenith VS Vesper : Zenith used a scythe thing to send Vesper in the air. She tried to recover, and then I can't remember and she got stuck :

VESPER :

- Strong punch sound is displayed before her punch swings.
- When Vesper is lying on the ground, she doesn't get up where she was lying, which results in her being able to get up behind the opponent if he's too close.
- If wheelkick is performed very close to the opponent, Vesper will finish the move on the other side of the screen.
- What's the point of light version of flashkick if the opponent regains control in the air beofre/at the same time as Vesper ?
- Throw problem : you can see another arm sprite displayed over the sprites. 3 things : you forgot to set Vesper's sprite priority lower than the opponent's one, the arm isn't the same one as Vesper's one (timing problem), and it seems to be misaligned (which may come from the timng).
- If the opponent is in the corner, and Vesper performs the kicksuper (qcb*2+K), then she finishes on the other side of the opponent.
- The power charging FX during kicksuper should be on her foot IMO.
- I don't understand what Superbite does. o_O (Yeah, we need a readme) And what powers or powerup does the regular bitting special do ?
#26  August 15, 2008, 01:53:07 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
adamas
-stance clsn seems to have unneeded moving parts
-during the formation of diamond shot he ends up being able to hit at the shoulder at the same time that he throws the projectile, but not doing any damage with the rest of the arm

analysing the combos I was unsure if they were supposed to be like this.
-can do five hits by uppercuting opponent, two weak punches, medium punch and hard punch.
-command name icestorm( down forward down forward kick)  can be comboed into a diamond fist or ex diamond fist
-his slide kick can result in pretty weird cross overs, as the opponents fly over his head and you can even hit them with a diamond shot before arriving to the ground
-If you perform his super movements whilst airbourne he performs them the moment he touches the ground, managing to do them safely when airbourne during attacks.

moses madiggan
-the little clsn box on his foot seems not needed on the stance
-spamming crouching hard kicks can give up to five hits, ground the enemy with a down back kick and you can do up to six
-crouch in front of opponent, hard punch, the enemy is sent to the air, you can follow them up, hit a full chain of weak kick into medium kick into hard kick, land and stll juggle him with a chain of weak punch into medium punch into hard punch, sometimes even landing an extra punch.making for nine hits without even using specials.

#27  August 15, 2008, 04:33:51 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
fixed chad in black
kamekaze fixed the throw bug
#28  August 15, 2008, 05:07:52 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I've had too bad of a day to respond to all these, accept this one:

- When Vesper is lying on the ground, she doesn't get up where she was lying, which results in her being able to get up behind the opponent if he's too close.

She gets up where she was laying, she justs stands straight up onto her feet, ala Vega from the SF2 animated movie. It's supposed to be like that. People hovering over her get punished for it.

Download Last Bout now!
#29  August 15, 2008, 02:52:03 pm
    • France
2nd wave of feedback is here.

GENERAL :

- Any chance to see the number of powerbars, because there's nothing to indicate us if we've reached 1000 or 2000 power.
- I'd suggest Winane's AI activation code rather than the impossible human command one.
- On the title screen, it could be nice changing the name of the modes, for more originality.
- Concerning the announcers (round 1, fight, KO), aren't they missing transparency ?
- The "ready, fight" text is not announced at the same time as the voice, and chars start to fight before the moment the "fight" text appears, while I feel it should be a little after.

MOSES MADDIGAN :

- Throw could use more brutality and some envshake.
- Why does strong shoulder (qcf+Z) and strong hook (qcb+Z) have negative edge ???
- Light punch is missing blue CLSNs.
- light punch juggles a lot IMO. After EX Hook, I could juggle with light punch up to 8 times.
- supershoulder seems to give back power to Maddigan.

BLOODTIDE :

- CLSNs on basic atttacks need work. When she hits, many unnecessary CLSNs appear.
- arrowkick has bad CLSNs. Needs only one red and one blue one instead of 3 of each.
- Three versions of cutcha are the same ?
- No hitspark nor any destroy sprite for bloodshot ?
- twirlair commands in the CMD are useless since they are already defined with the twirlhop ones.
- The blood sprites during redcyclone are really small. Also, the sounds make it lack power, and maybe adding some envshakes may be good.
- Same for aircyclone. And the definition of these commands in the CMD is useless.

- AI fight Bloodtime VS Adamas : 65261 : warning : player adamas (33) in state 441: changed to invalid state 441 (from state 140). Sorry, I can't remember what happened.

ADAMAS :

- If both Adamas walk one to the other, they shake. Width problem.
- Pushback should be using only 2 buttons instead of 3, it's the only move which has 3 buttons in the whole game, which clashes.
- Light punch is missing blue CLSNs.
- Crouching medium kick is missing blue CLSNs.
- Crouching medium punch is missing blue CLSNs.
- Crouching light punch and crouching light kick have their blue CLSNs which move while there's not reason to.
- CLSNs during jump need a lot of work.
- No sound during jump and landing.
- I don't understand the red CLSN on the second hit of ddust.
- EXshard misses if performed very close to the opponent.
- Air medium diamond dust makes Adamas go forward, which looks very strange when he's jumping backward. The vels applied to Adamas should be function of the vels he has while jumping.
- "shard" commands are useless, since the ddust ones are already defined.
- Light backdash (qcb+X) is strange, since Adamas completely stops his movement (doesn't slide anymore) when he touches the opponent, which seems quite unnatural.
- superdash (qcb*2+P) only does a 3 hits combo instead of 4. However, this doesn't affect gameplay.
- Opponent shouldn't be able to recover in air after SuperDash IMO.
- superd (qcf*2+P in the air) lacks visual impact power, and the super charge FX should be placed on the hand.
- Why do some supers have time=35 to be performed and other time=25 or even time=40 ? Some consistency please.
- The super S move is AI only !!! o_O

CHAD :

- ghostdive has really odd hitpauses.
- charlie shouldn't allow the opponent to recover.
- No transparency for superupper ?
- Her AI shows her much stronger than the other chars, except for Maddigan. o_O

Very original character, I like her fighting style. :)

OTHERS :

- Huge problem in the chars I just realised : the Super S moves require to have less than 250 life, but don't require any power. However, when performed, they always remove 3000 power.
- AI match : Zenith throwed the opponent with his scythe (it looks like a throw, but it's not the C+z one), and the opponent got stuck in the air.
- Didn't take the time to check back all the moves, but most supers should have some air.recover=0.
- Also, concerning the Lv S Supers, I think there should be something like a superBG or some superFX showing they are the chars' most powerful technique.
Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:21:46 pm by Cybaster
#30  August 15, 2008, 08:38:25 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
- Concerning the announcers (round 1, fight, KO), aren't they missing transparency ?
- The "ready, fight" text is not announced at the same time as the voice, and chars start to fight before the moment the "fight" text appears, while I feel it should be a little after.

Yes, I always thought this was something that was going to get fixed, so I never said anything to Laxxe, but it hasn't been fixed yet so I don't know what's going on.

- The blood sprites during redcyclone are really small. Also, the sounds make it lack power, and maybe adding some envshakes may be good.

The move isn't a powerful one. It hits numerous times, and each hit does very little damage. It is meant for combos and envshake would be unnecessary.

- Crouching light punch and crouching light kick have their blue CLSNs which move while there's not reason to.

Yeah, not trying to sound like a dick here, but do you know how irritating it is to have the clsn match up EXACTLY from the crouching anim to the crouching attacks? I use fighter factory. The crouching anim is at the front of the .air, and the attacks are in the middle. I'm not going to sit there and fiddle with it for an hour until they're exact and don't move even one little pixel. It has no effect on gameplay, so it doesn't matter.

Also, for once and for all, are the green clsn's not the same as the blue ones? Green ones are blue ones that I've hit "clsn standard" on, making them standard throughout every frame of the move.

- No sound during jump and landing.

I didn't realize he had no landing sound, but no one has a jumping sound so why would he?

- EXshard misses if performed very close to the opponent.

Which is why I put a red clsn and a hitdef on the anim of throwing a regular Diamond Shard, but everyone complained.

- Air medium diamond dust makes Adamas go forward, which looks very strange when he's jumping backward. The vels applied to Adamas should be function of the vels he has while jumping.

The word "should" is driving me nuts here. I intentionally made his vels work that way. These are superheroes, and this is a videogame. I made each Diamond Dust propel him in a different direction for move variety. The HP moves him, backwards, the MP forwards, and the LP has none and he just goes in whichever direction he was jumping.

- Why do some supers have time=35 to be performed and other time=25 or even time=40 ? Some consistency please.

Does this really matter?!?

- The super S move is AI only !!!

Yeah, I noticed this too. I'm guessing it got deleted accidentally during the making of the AI (which I didn't make). I have fixed this already.

- Her AI shows her much stronger than the other chars, except for Maddigan.

Yes, I've noticed this too but I haven't brought it up to Kamekaze yet. I made these characters and it still took me 6 continues to beat her. It may have something to do with her priority issues. Many of her attacks have infinite priority because she's not the one doing the attacking, it's her ghosts, so I didn't feel comfortable putting blue clsns on her ghosts, so I was kind of at a loss. I'm working on this issue now.

- Huge problem in the chars I just realised : the Super S moves require to have less than 250 life, but don't require any power. However, when performed, they always remove 3000 power.

This is not a problem, I did this on purpose. They are no longer "Level S" moves, they are Desperation Moves. The way these work is that they don't require you to have a full Super Stock (because having a full super stock and less than 250 health seems like it would happen rarely), but they do use up whatever super stock you have left, so that they're not "free." I know DMs work differently in other games, but this is how I wanted them to work here.

Thanks for the feedback. This stuff is being worked on. It was a beta, so many of the presentation issues we were already aware of. I have to say Cybaster, you may be thorough, but sometimes I feel you over-analyze. Many of these things that you've mentioned often have no real effect on gameplay. I will be working on the recovery and juggle issues, since the AI loves to juggle after you recover, and a few other problems, but a lot of it also staying the same.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:09:59 pm by seanaltly
#31  August 15, 2008, 08:47:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The character threads like you did for Moses Maddigan would be pretty useful, also some kind of readme explaining the system, to avoid reporting things that are done on purpose.
#32  August 15, 2008, 10:04:58 pm
    • France
Yeah, not trying to sound like a dick here, but do you know how irritating it is to have the clsn match up EXACTLY from the crouching anim to the crouching attacks? I use fighter factory. The crouching anim is at the front of the .air, and the attacks are in the middle. I'm not going to sit there and fiddle with it for an hour until they're exact and don't move even one little pixel. It has no effect on gameplay, so it doesn't matter.
As far as I recall, fighter factory has an option which allows to copy-paste a CLSN from a sprite/action to another.

Also, for once and for all, are the green clsn's not the same as the blue ones? Green ones are blue ones that I've hit "clsn standard" on, making them standard throughout every frame of the move.
Are you talking about the fact that I said that several attacks didn't have blue CLSNs (because I'm confused by this comment) ? The CLSN Default option can have some problems if set up badly, although I don't know the details.

Which is why I put a red clsn and a hitdef on the anim of throwing a regular Diamond Shard, but everyone complained.
Why so serious ? [/jk] The red CLSN is nice, but putting it on the whole arm would make more sense. Or other solution : use a width controller.

The word "should" is driving me nuts here. I intentionally made his vels work that way. These are superheroes, and this is a videogame. I made each Diamond Dust propel him in a different direction for move variety. The HP moves him, backwards, the MP forwards, and the LP has none and he just goes in whichever direction he was jumping.
Hey, keep cool ! Don't forget that I was given the beta without any readme, which would have allowed me to understand all the game mechanics and the things made on purpose and those not made on purpose. I'm just giving my honest opinion on what I think is strange. No need to take it so personally.

Does this really matter?!?
Yes, because the supers will be very easy to perform for some chars, and harder for others, while the commands will be the same.

This is not a problem, I did this on purpose. They are no longer "Level S" moves, they are Desperation Moves. The way these work is that they don't require you to have a full Super Stock (because having a full super stock and less than 250 health seems like it would happen rarely), but they do use up whatever super stock you have left, so that they're not "free." I know DMs work differently in other games, but this is how I wanted them to work here.
Yeah, talked about it with Laxxe23, I thought it was really a strange idea. Fine though.

I have to say Cybaster, you may be thorough, but sometimes I feel you over-analyze. Many of these things that you've mentioned often have no real effect on gameplay.
I agree that most of the things such as double definition of the commands and such don't really affect gameplay, but yeah, as a guy doing computer science and mathematics, I'm often a perfectionist and like clean coding, so I like to nitpick.

I will be working on the recovery and juggle issues, since the AI loves to juggle after you recover, and a few other problems, but a lot of it also staying the same.
Will be waiting.

The game is coming along very nicely, good luck with everything. :)
#33  August 15, 2008, 10:40:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
CHAD
-the ghosts based of basara could use some editing, as of now, they look like the spitting image of him
-down forward down forward kick, that ghost lacks transparency
-as the chains are performed, chad is pushed back, but NOT the starting point of the ghosts. This ends up making her safer from hits, as she keeps hitting the opponent even when she is being pushed back way further than her "fists" are striking.
#34  August 16, 2008, 09:32:12 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
As far as I recall, fighter factory has an option which allows to copy-paste a CLSN from a sprite/action to another.

You can copy from frame to frame within the same animation, but as far as I know, you can't fully copy clsns from one animation to the other. If anyone knows of this feature, let me know, because it would make things a lot easier for me.

Yeah, talked about it with Laxxe23, I thought it was really a strange idea. Fine though.

That's why I did it that way, because it's different.

I agree that most of the things such as double definition of the commands and such don't really affect gameplay, but yeah, as a guy doing computer science and mathematics, I'm often a perfectionist and like clean coding, so I like to nitpick.

Well I'm an "as long as it works properly" kind of guy. My coding isn't neat and tidy at all, I just do stuff until it works. You should probably know that. The .cns is generally unorganized, because when I started making MUGEN characters, I didn't think people would be reading my code unless I asked for help. That's my style now and I'm kind of stuck in it. I appreciate that you nitpick to solve problems, but as I said, my coding is unorganized but functional.

Thanks again for the feedback. Working on juggle issues in multiple characters now.

Download Last Bout now!
#35  August 16, 2008, 10:13:24 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
CHAD
-the ghosts based of basara could use some editing, as of now, they look like the spitting image of him
-down forward down forward kick, that ghost lacks transparency
-as the chains are performed, chad is pushed back, but NOT the starting point of the ghosts. This ends up making her safer from hits, as she keeps hitting the opponent even when she is being pushed back way further than her "fists" are striking.

-I will be editing the ghosts soon.
-All of the ghosts during supers appear to lack transparency because there's an afterimage attached to them. Having the afterimage pretty much negates the transparency for some reason.
-Just got done fixing that, thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks everybody!

Download Last Bout now!
#36  September 26, 2008, 05:16:24 am
Pics of with and with out would help. I could help you out with a design if needed.

What features would you like to see in shades 2.0?
#37  April 09, 2009, 08:08:04 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
topic title says it all, what can sean and i code in (besides interactive stages) that you guys would like to see
Re: What features would you like to see in shades 2.0?
#38  April 09, 2009, 08:31:59 pm
  • Do the impossible!
Points meter, and grade at the end of the round.
group1942@groupsim.com

Join, mugenites!
#39  April 09, 2009, 10:30:04 pm
  • I got a PM.
I know you worked on a online kinda front end. This maybe a stretch but what about a tournament mode front end?
#40  April 10, 2009, 05:39:10 am
  • SNK is life
Parry.
#41  April 10, 2009, 06:43:21 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 07:10:46 am by c001357
#42  April 10, 2009, 07:03:50 am
  • SNK is life
no what? that's just what I want, you question nazi >:(
What features would you like to see in shades 2.0?
#43  April 10, 2009, 09:52:58 am
    • France
LOL.

Anyway :
- Lifebars with interactive portraits (something like that
- More special anims between characters (whether intros, or throws, or any special techniques), to show us things not possible outside of a fullgame.
- Steal things from RedNavi's CVSW system, such as some of the survival things.
#44  April 10, 2009, 08:10:22 pm
  • SNK is life
STAGE INTERACTION. Water like in KOF 95 Italy, or KOF 99 Sewer.
#45  April 10, 2009, 09:21:21 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
already said besides stage interaction
#46  April 10, 2009, 09:27:22 pm
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
A type of footstooling ???
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#47  April 10, 2009, 09:33:33 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle