• Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Re: KoF XV
#362  January 29, 2021, 02:50:48 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I mean I wouldn't call it stupid if it's got plot relevance. They had reason to be on the same team.
#363  January 29, 2021, 03:34:58 am
Yeah, with Ash specifically targeting the 3 sacred treasures and Iori being the next target, the team was relevant. When else is this team-up going to happen.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#364  January 29, 2021, 03:42:50 am
    • USA
I mean, you never know.

Look I'm just trying to find excuses for Shingo and Chizuru to come back even though their plot relevance is so miniscule that there's really no way of them returning effectively as of now. ;-;
#365  January 29, 2021, 04:26:10 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#366  January 29, 2021, 04:33:11 am
    • USA
So basically...

Edgy protagonist, tired best friend, and flamboyant dad figure.

... ya know all three of these character blurbs have talked about character relationships. Connections, bonds, and growth and development. I like it, and I hope that the story lives up to this. I do like seeing characters interact, develop, and grow off each other.
#367  January 29, 2021, 04:56:32 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
For a moment I thought that image was Jhun Hoon and we would be getting a Team Fans with him, Shingo, and Alice in the mix.
#368  January 29, 2021, 04:59:21 am
    • USA
For a moment I thought that image was Jhun Hoon and we would be getting a Team Fans with him, Shingo, and Alice in the mix.

That would still be an acceptably dorky and likable team... fingers cross it exists. Someday.

(My brain, for a long time, always continues to read that as "Jay-Hoon Hoon" lol
I know it's not, but for some reason my brain just wants to read it like that.)
#369  January 29, 2021, 04:33:01 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I hope this never happens again.

You hope what never happens again. :0

Kyo and Iori on the same team. It was stupid in XI and it would be stupid if it happened again.

You're under the assumption that Iori has ever been cooperative with any team he is on. He has only barely if ever tolerated his teammates. He started out his first appearance in 95 teamed up with Eiji and Billy who outright loathe him. The only reason Vice and Mature keep forcing themselves on him is because they want him to fully give in to his Orochi powers. He outright murdered them back in 97.

Him teaming up with Kyo and Chizuru makes the most sense story-wise than him being tied to anyone else in the series roster.
#370  January 29, 2021, 04:56:45 pm
    • Brazil
Wow, SNK really makes an effort to make Iori a total bitch, don't they?
#371  January 29, 2021, 05:04:36 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
iori belongs with vice and mature more than chizuru and kyo
#372  January 29, 2021, 05:57:06 pm
    • USA
Iori really doesn’t belong with ANYONE... but at the end of the day the two people he’s surprisingly the most mature with are Kyo and Chizuru, due to dealing with Orochi and the Hakkesshu. And with Benimaru’s unexpected team swap I can’t see Iori sticking with his usual team this time.

Perhaps the reason Benimaru joined Shun’s team is cause Chizuru already arranged the sacred treasures team after Orochi’s sudden attempted revival following the defeat of Verse. Again, sure they’re really only supposed to be bothered with Orochi... but by this point anything can happen and ANYTHING can cause him to reawaken at this point so it would be likely that all three would be on guard. Especially considering by this point when is a KOF tournament not shrouded in some evil bullshit that happens by the tourney’s end?

It would be dumb of them to start slacking now that a bunch of long dead people have returned to life — among them Orochi and Rugal.
#373  January 29, 2021, 06:18:01 pm
  • SNK is life
KOF Fan speculation is always wild

#374  January 29, 2021, 06:29:11 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
I hope this never happens again.

You hope what never happens again. :0

Kyo and Iori on the same team. It was stupid in XI and it would be stupid if it happened again.

You're under the assumption that Iori has ever been cooperative with any team he is on. He has only barely if ever tolerated his teammates. He started out his first appearance in 95 teamed up with Eiji and Billy who outright loathe him. The only reason Vice and Mature keep forcing themselves on him is because they want him to fully give in to his Orochi powers. He outright murdered them back in 97.

Him teaming up with Kyo and Chizuru makes the most sense story-wise than him being tied to anyone else in the series roster.

What If Shingo legit pops up outta nowhere and is a part of Kusanagi Team. I mean I would not be surprised to see him back but I will be happy.

Also I guess the Rival Teams might have Kukri a the captain since there is some animosity between Shunei and him.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 06:40:02 pm by Segatron
#375  January 29, 2021, 06:56:42 pm
KOF Fan speculation is always wild

https://i.imgur.com/VbRORG0.png
Nah, Rugal was assumed to come back since XIV revived everyone, there's no way SNK made a show of reviving every dead character (except fuck Orochi apparently) but skip one of the most iconic boss of the series. I'm not hoping he's the single boss though, just have him running around being an angry boy, they shouldn't waste a game focused on Rugal again when they have a story to move forward. They had to remove Orochi because they couldn't have him and not be the big threat, meaning they wanted to move on with the new story (I still hope he'll return in a new form someday) but Rugal can still be around and not be the boss. I'd also like to see some rivalry between Rugal and Geese, the early games were hinting that Geese knew Rugal from business stuff.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:00:37 pm by Byakko
#376  January 29, 2021, 07:58:25 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

WTF ! Exact same reation I had.

I was about to post the exact same message :D

Actually, It would look a nice J Hoon redesign
#377  January 30, 2021, 01:03:09 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
I doubt Iori will be in Kyo's team, especially since I'm like 99% sure that Mature & Vice are returning (since they're like SUPER POPULAR).

If not, it'll probably be Kyo + Iori + ??? and Mature + Vice + ???
Fingers crossed it's Rugal.
#378  January 30, 2021, 01:46:45 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I doubt Iori will be in Kyo's team, especially since I'm like 99% sure that Mature & Vice are returning (since they're like SUPER POPULAR).

If not, it'll probably be Kyo + Iori + ??? and Mature + Vice + ???
Fingers crossed it's Rugal.

Would be incredibly awesome !
Rugal + Mature + Vice... Hopefull the last 2 redesigned a bit...

I just cannot wait for the next trailer, even if I don't know why, but I feel like it will be one the characters we already saw in 1st teaser.
But certainly upgraded, since, in newer trailers, you can clearly see some graphics upgrade, even in the background elements.

I just want to be surprised, now. With good surprises...
Let's see if they shatter all exceptations... ;)
Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 02:53:52 pm by Nedflandeurse
#379  January 30, 2021, 01:59:48 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I believe it's in due time, but help me out here, what team would the return of Wolfgang Krauser potentially bring?
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#380  January 30, 2021, 02:54:39 pm
  • A.K.A. NED