CvS2 Jotaro Release (Read 8272 times)

Started by jay_ts, April 13, 2022, 06:33:53 pm
Share this topic:
CvS2 Jotaro Release
#1  April 13, 2022, 06:33:53 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
CvS2 Jotaro Release (04/13/22)

For this release, I decided to tackle a more complex character. Jotaro is complete with a Stand mode and all his HFTF moves, with the addition of one custom special. His hitboxes/other data were derived from HFTF however I mostly made them custom myself as some of it was pretty out there and not fit for what I'm going for. In terms of accuracy, I don't know I think I did good enough in terms of porting Jotaro over to CvS2, however the character is quite complicated when the Stand is included, so I tried my best to make him as fun and as faithful to source as I could, I hope you enjoy.

download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h34dwt01go7fzvb/cvsjotaro.zip/file

Re: CvS2 Jotaro Release
#2  April 13, 2022, 06:45:03 pm
    • USA
Added to CvS2 vs POTS roster. Thank you for your work!

UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 07:01:48 pm by extravagant
#3  April 13, 2022, 06:48:23 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Very good, thanks for the release!
#4  April 13, 2022, 07:04:58 pm
    • USA
his QCFx2 punch super, in C-Groove, I'm having trouble doing a lvl 2 cancel into the same super.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#5  April 13, 2022, 07:57:12 pm
    • Peru
This is great! Thank you so much! I´m going to make palettes for this char!
#6  April 13, 2022, 10:05:14 pm
I will test both Jotaro and Dio over the weekend.

Do you have any plans to give them the modern voices as the OG ones have aged like milk ?
#7  April 13, 2022, 11:42:48 pm
  • Basic User
  • Harry 7 Mason From Silent Hill
    • Chile
Fantastic! Thanks for this great adaption.
I love the AI, very smart and powerful.

If you are open to suggestion I would like to have the chance to hide or move the axis Y of the stand and groove bars in the configuration.

I hope to see more Jojo's characters.
What happen with your website? Is still on?
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
#8  April 13, 2022, 11:48:00 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Great to see Jotaro's Turn !!
#9  April 14, 2022, 12:01:33 am
    • USA
Added to CvS2 vs POTS roster. Thank you for your work!
good stuff, im eager to play and commentate the tourney on saturday

Do you have any plans to give them the modern voices as the OG ones have aged like milk ?
no. while the old voices may sound off compared to the anime/all star battle voices im more used to these ones, i play jojo's competitively and i hear these voices a lot over my time playing, so i just dont think its necessary.

If you are open to suggestion I would like to have the chance to hide or move the axis Y of the stand and groove bars in the configuration.

What happen with your website? Is still on?
I never thought to add anymore config stuff than what had already existed, but i could add a y-axis config for the stand bar, but the groove bar should have its own config.
also my website is still on, you'll find it in my signature, but if its not there for some reason just go here:
https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen

i dont post my website link anywhere else, although i will probably do it for future releases if needed, but the website link will always be in my signature, above the banner.

#10  April 14, 2022, 12:13:01 am
    • Peru
Hello JtheSaltyy.

I have a suggestion for the stand´s font:

Could be a good idea if you use the original font of CVS2, It is called "Aachen Bold", sometimes it is necesary apply "italics".

I found this image, It´s PNG, could be helpfull for everyone that wanted to use this char:

Thank you again for this char, I´m already working on the palettes.
#11  April 14, 2022, 12:21:29 am
Fair enough.

Chain combos when star platinum is activated on the punch buttons are weird.
When you hit the standing jab its like the timing to move to the standing middle punch or the cancel I guess is very strict.
The kick buttons are fine though.

When the AI froze time, it never unfroze, jotaro walked me in to the corner and it was a loop.
Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 12:26:02 am by PeXXeR
#12  April 14, 2022, 04:34:19 am
    • Peru
Hello JtheSaltyy.

I almost finished with the palettes, but I have a question: The Stand doesn´t change its color, do you know something about this?

#13  April 14, 2022, 04:52:07 am
    • USA
Could be a good idea if you use the original font of CVS2, It is called "Aachen Bold", sometimes it is necesary apply "italics".
I might, although I don't know how to make it blend yet. For now I'm keeping it as is.

Chain combos when star platinum is activated on the punch buttons are weird.
When you hit the standing jab its like the timing to move to the standing middle punch or the cancel I guess is very strict.
The kick buttons are fine though.

When the AI froze time, it never unfroze, jotaro walked me in to the corner and it was a loop.
- st.LP on s.ON is really fast, it can't really be buffered, you have to wait until it for sure makes contact before doing st.MP, although it's not hard to adjust to it. st.LK is slower than st.LP by like 4 frames so buffering st.MK is easier, hence why the chain overall is much easier to perform.
- I forgot to include State 21 in the Time Stop end changestate. State 21 is the AI Walk, and if Jotaro walks indefinitely then they won't change into the Time Stop end state, but I included the flag so this should now be fixed.

I almost finished with the palettes, but I have a question: The Stand doesn´t change its color, do you know something about this?
This is most likely an IKEMEN thing (im assuming this is an IKEMEN build you're using) because I tested this in both MUGEN 1.0 and 1.1, and the palette of Star Platinum is accurate to the palette Jotaro has. I don't test these characters in IKEMEN so I have no clue how they affect the characters.
#14  April 16, 2022, 06:01:17 am
    • Peru
Hello JtheSaltyy.

I was testing Jotaro on watch mode and I found that when he uses this particular technique (Grey Screen) he hit some combos and then only walk:

#15  April 18, 2022, 03:45:01 am
    • Peru
#16  April 29, 2022, 08:59:19 am
  • Basic User
  • Harry 7 Mason From Silent Hill
    • Chile
Hi again. Sorry for being insistent about the bars stuff, but I just realized (I have no clue why it could happen) when Jotaro is in a widescreen stage the groove bar disappears. I did several tests in different stages. Some examples:

Normal stage:

Widescreen:

Perhaps this situation could be usefull to add an invisible groove option in the config.
I want to repeat the AI and effects of your Jotaro are very good! He has become one of my favorites this year.

Thanks for your time

Fortes Fortuna Juvat