YesNoOk

P1 be on top of its helper (own plataform) (Read 5710 times)

Started by DG, April 23, 2022, 02:59:50 pm
Share this topic:

DG

P1 be on top of its helper (own plataform)
#1  April 23, 2022, 02:59:50 pm
  • Fire Blast!
    • Brazil
    • dgmugen.com.br
Hey guys, I'm trying now to make Alex be on top of the box. I tried some PosFreeze codes but I notice there are a lot of problems with that.

If I make Alex "fly" on top of the box in a custom state, I'll have to create all the basic moves, basics attacks, special attacks, super attacks, etc, inside it. Would be a nightmare.

I notice when we do a wrong combo linking, the char just start walk on air as a bug. Is there a way to make it happens on a easy way?
DG Mugen Creations: https://dgmugen.com.br
Support Me: Patreon
Support Me: Other Options
Re: P1 be on top of its helper (own plataform)
#2  April 25, 2022, 03:42:54 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Since no one else has replied I’ll just share some thoughts I have which may or may not be the solution.

The problem with standing there is indeed that physics changes in the various other states.  So, part of the solution may be to change all your state definitions to Physics = N, then just use a Sctrl to set the physics for that state… except while standing on the box.

Part of standing on the box would be changing Physics to none, stopping your velocity / posset - and so pressing forward and back should not make you drop.

That’s all I’ve got!  Good luck!

#3  May 03, 2022, 10:57:44 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
It should be an easy thing to do.
You'd need a horizontal check in Statedef -2, and probably -3.
But you'd switch to the falling state if you're outside the width of the box and your pos y isn't 0 and you're in states 0 - XXXX.
(I think it's 40-something for falling. It's been a while since I've looked that up.)
You'd set the XXXX value to standing and crouching moves.

You'd make a custom landing state for the box and switch it to state 0 once it lands. You'd just do a velset y to 0 and posset y to the height of the box.
If you can jump from "under" the box you'd want to make sure your velocity was going down or close to it.

For both of those checks I'd use a couple triggerAll so mugen isn't checking it too hard every tic.

You could also have a changestate set up inside your walk forward and backwards and dash moves to fall if it's outside of the box and the right Y height.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  May 04, 2022, 09:27:20 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I don't know how far you are on this but I played with some platform stuff in the past and referenced Ban84's creation "Mugen: NES Game 1". It uses a projectile stctrl that can hit P1 or P2, if they are in the correct position to land on the the platform they forced into their standing or landing state. If I remember correctly, just having a character go into state 0 will allow them to stand/walk in the air, as long as the character doesn't have a failsafe that prevents it.

Hopefully this will help some if you are looking for alternatives.