YesNoOk

What did you do today? (Read 372099 times)

Started by lui, August 18, 2015, 06:42:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What did you do today?
#681  October 05, 2016, 10:26:09 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
For the moment, I am studying in my night school so I am very occupied for editing more MUGEN stuff...
The worst for me is one of the things I am learning is French(I know some basic french stuff like: "J´mappelle", "au revoir", "bonne nuit"...) it is very difficult!
Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:32:08 pm by masterhand128
#682  October 05, 2016, 10:47:23 pm
I know some basic french stuff like: "J´mappelle"
I studied French eight years ago so I don't remember much, but it's "Je m'appelle" ("my name is"; appelle is "to call" but in this case it's used to say the name you're "called" if that makes sense: "I am called [name]").

I should consider studying it again, I was pretty good at it in junior high school/middle school (<- always confused about the two), then I got in high school and they didn't teach French so I forgot. What a pity.
Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:57:28 pm by AlexSin
#683  October 06, 2016, 12:30:54 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I did this odd meditative punch workout. It was kinda fun, certainly had me sweating, but did not really relax me like it should have. Maybe I need to do it a few more times before I get a feel for it.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#684  October 20, 2016, 07:55:44 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yo, I got MAD skills.

I just went home, refilled my Zippo (really needed a smoke), ate a taco, shotgunned a beer, had a cigarette, AND got back to work in 30 minutes.

I am awesome.

Also, just in advance before anyone asks: yes, I have the VSav Felicia Zippo, and Camel Crush Menthols (extra mentholly).
#685  October 20, 2016, 08:15:24 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
That's pretty much every day for me except replace smokes and booze with "catch Pokemon" and "jot down writing prompts."
#686  October 20, 2016, 08:50:33 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I slept for 17 hours
I don't know how I fucking managed that,I wasnt even tired when I went to sleep
I wasted an entire day,fuck
#687  October 20, 2016, 11:55:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#688  November 01, 2016, 04:03:28 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Celebrated Halloween the best way I know how: Staying the fuck home and eating some Drumstick ice cream.
#689  November 01, 2016, 04:40:06 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Celebrated Halloween with you all by posting that Pikachu Pumpkin!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#690  November 02, 2016, 05:31:14 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Tightening up my music; currently uploaded a battle against a true hero super remix on YT.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#691  November 05, 2016, 09:11:06 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
So I was GM'ing a round of Call of Cthulhu and I was running the Dead Light scenario. It wasn't going exactly as I was hoping (I wanted drama with certain NPC's) but there was still a lot or tension (one important NPC died, one player went temporarily went insane, and two members were trying to kill each other as a means to control the monster of this scenario).

The highlight came when they finally decided to work together to trap and kill the Dead Light. Now going the non-control route hints that the monster is afraid of lightning and fire, so since one of the party members owned a shotgun with Dragon's Breath shells, I thought they were just going to lure it out and shoot it a lot.

Nope.

One dude got a spell to summon an "Dimensional Shambler" in the last game. Now unlike most tabletop RPGs, CoC spells are basically breaking the laws of nature, and there's a very high risk of going insane or hurting yourself in the process (this is before you can even make sure the spell doesn't backfire). Still, he really wanted to use it, so the following happened:

• Summoned Dimensional Shambler successfully (he used up all of his magic to make sure he only had a 4% chance of failing)
  • Named him "Harambe" (yes I know)
  • Poured gasoline on him
  • Set him on fire by SHOOTING HIM WITH A DRAGON'S BREATH SHOTGUN ROUND (he survived due to his armor)
  • Before he could retaliate, he was commanded to "Punch the Dead Light with fire" (Like all summons, Harambe can only follow commands with a word count <= 1/5 his intelligence)
  • He lunged at the Dead Light, punched him with his burning fist, and due to lucky rolls and previous fights, ended up killing him!

I'm sure right now in heaven, H.P. Lovecraft and Harambe are probably crying over what their legacy has become.
#692  November 10, 2016, 12:27:24 am
  • SNK is life
I spent the majority of today fearing for my future, due to recent events.
#693  November 13, 2016, 05:24:08 am
    • USA
Went with the gran to pick up a Thanksgiving turkey. That's pretty much the highlight of the day. Prolly gonna get the rest of the fixings sometime later during the week.
#694  November 14, 2016, 04:27:24 am
    • USA
Celebrated my b-day with a Red Ramen burger from Red Robin, and got a pint of ice cream that I'm finna tear up with a slice of apple pie. Not much, really.
#695  November 14, 2016, 11:47:45 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Played DnD for the first time.

It was pretty fun.

#696  November 15, 2016, 12:05:39 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'll spare you the minutiae about rulesets and keep it simple: what did you play as?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#697  November 15, 2016, 12:16:49 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

#698  November 15, 2016, 12:45:30 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Dan "Rick and Morty" Harmon did an online show where he and a few friends actually play Pathfinder in front of a studio audience, and of course, it's all animated!

There's 10 episodes so far and they got renewed for a second season. It's pretty fun.
#699  November 15, 2016, 01:54:56 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Woke up happy enough that the constant earthquakes hadn't destroyed my house. Swore that the washing machine hose had sprung a leak and my kitchen had a giant puddle in it. Did basic cleanup. Went to work. Found my normal route was blocked, road closed. Flooding. Returned home with the plan of cleaning up kitchen. Turns out the padlock on my shed is now super secure and i can't get the mop out. Will also need hacksaw to open shed.

Called family for mop assistance and cleaned up kitchen. Floor is covered in old sheets right now. Brief scare where stream behind house burst its banks but that has dropped to... sort of more normal levels.

Rest of day spent doing very little.

I am not feeling any more earthquakes now although i think the epicentre is getting them almost constantly. And the rain has died down so hopefully tomorrow is more or less normal.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#700  November 15, 2016, 01:59:28 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
found out cyanide is barefoot most of the time, even in the office.