YesNoOk

Regarding ChangeAnim (instead of animation, MUGEN seems to use sprites) (Read 5732 times)

Started by ice00monster, May 03, 2021, 10:18:32 pm
Share this topic:
Regarding ChangeAnim (instead of animation, MUGEN seems to use sprites)
#1  May 03, 2021, 10:18:32 pm
    • Philippines
Hi. It's been a while since I posted here, and for some reason I am unable to retrieve my account information. In any case, I just made a new one.

I'd like to apply ChangeAnim on P2 after hitting P1. But for some reason, instead of the animation, it instead retrieves the sprite info:
ie. after P2 getting hit by P1, P2 is supposed to transition to animation 10000 that uses sprites 5000, but instead goes to sprite 10000.

Is this a known bug? I'm pretty much sure that there are no duplicates of animation 10000 that uses sprite 10000.
Re: Regarding ChangeAnim (instead of animation, MUGEN seems to use sprites)
#2  May 04, 2021, 03:32:13 am
    • Canada
Please share the code + relevant portion of the air file, it’s hard to debug an issue like this without seeing at least the code for the custom state
#3  May 04, 2021, 08:33:52 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
If used on an opponent changeanim causes the character to use its own air file. Changeanim2 forces it into the attacking players air file to use those animations instead.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  May 11, 2021, 08:11:42 pm
    • Philippines
Solved using Cyanide's info. Thank you, and it's good to see you again. Lool