YesNoOk

Dictator (CvS2 Reimagining) (Read 9204 times)

Started by jay_ts, July 29, 2020, 04:52:10 am
Share this topic:
Dictator (CvS2 Reimagining)
#1  July 29, 2020, 04:52:10 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen

Dictator is a man who wants to rule the world with an iron fist, and his localized name certainly does reflect his actions and mannerisms. If you're form the U.S, then you may have first known him by M. Bison, and if you're from Japan, then you would have first known him by Vega. The reason why his name is different is very famous yet not so known. Look it up if you don't know. Dictator replaced Sagat as the main boss of Street Fighter. He's still the main bad guy even today in Street Fighter 5, though he's dropped and regained that role several times along the way. He's remembered as a very difficult fighting game boss, but certainly not the hardest, that title belongs to Shao Kahn. His move-set is just very annoying, with moves like the Psycho Crusher and the dreaded sliding kick being major quarter gobblers back in the arcades. His overall difficulty has been more toned down later down the line, but he's still a very strong character, with games like CvS2 and SF4 being one of his strongest incarnations.

Game-play wise, Dictator doesn't differ much from his CvS2 counterpart. His moves function the same, with the exception of the Psycho Impact, aka his alpha counter. It is now a command grab instead of a 2 hit physical attack. His combos aren't too long either. EX Attacks also have different properties, like the EX Scissor Kick being a way to extend combos, and the EX Psycho Crusher being a grab and acts like Raiden's Thunder Fly from Mortal Kombat. However, Dictator heavily relies on one mechanic: Psycho Aura. There is a lot going on with Psycho Aura, so I have a text file in Dictator's character folder that describes the mechanic in detail. Once you understand how it works and how to properly use it, you understand a very large part of Dictator's game-play. His AI is also very brutal, in a weird way. His combos and pokes are brain-dead simple, but his very knowledgeable usage of them makes him a pretty decent challenge, but you know, setting the difficulty to easy 1 also helps out a lot.
Other CvS2 mechanics like stun and guard meter are present by default, but can be changed with the configuration file.

link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ik38rk6scekloi/Dictator.zip/file

I hope you enjoy this character.

for
M.U.G.E.N 1.0/1.1

by
JtheSaltyy

enjoy!
Re: Dictator (CvS2 Reimagining)
#2  August 01, 2020, 05:01:39 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Nice work, and nice reaimagination from your part, dude.
#3  August 01, 2020, 07:22:05 pm
    • USA
That M.Bison.. 0:18 on the vid, grand smackdown with those elbows, LOL.  Like how you made his super for the Knee Press Nightmare from the vs series style, This M.Bison is definitly being in my roster,  also great job with that Alpha 3 Psyco Crusher, feels epic
Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:28:24 pm by BXR
#4  August 03, 2020, 09:19:49 am
    • USA
This Dictator is very unique and different. Custom moves added, custom system, has cmd buffering, and overall a great definition of original/custom content blended well together.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#5  August 03, 2020, 09:31:36 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I like it. Ai is a beast too. I'm glad you explained the Psycho Power system. Can we get a move list tho?

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#6  August 03, 2020, 10:12:32 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Impressive! Where can I find the beat?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#7  August 03, 2020, 11:21:05 pm
    • USA
- UPDATES -

- Added a move-list text file (sorry forgot to add it)

- Bug Fixes
#8  September 21, 2020, 02:13:11 am
    • USA
= UPDATES =

-Cleared debug
-Added a special intro with Geese Howard
#9  September 30, 2020, 07:20:42 am
    • USA
- UPDATES -

-Fixed the old buffering system to the one Boxer currently uses, which is much more smooth and lenient with charges.

-Psycho Aura is now a toggleable mechanic. It is turned on by default, however by changing the value of Psycho Aura's variable (26) to 0, then Dictator retains his entire move set, and Psycho Mode is removed. It was a dumb mechanic, I know, so most of you are probably gonna disable it, but I don't know. I just made it toggleable because I realized the flaws of it being there.
Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 07:37:47 am by JtheSaltyy