YesNoOk

Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes) (Read 150855 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, December 11, 2018, 09:19:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: SF2NES (new name?): In development again
#21  December 25, 2018, 08:44:23 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I've loved every iteration of the game and was sad to hear when the last version was the "last". Really liking the look of Mike and the update so far.

Mighty Street Fighter sounds good too!

Thank you so much, I'm happy to hear this! Thank you for the feedback too.

• Yes on pixel art FX. The other ones always clashed a bit too much for me.
  • Another vote for Mighty Street Fighter 2

I'm love to hear people giving feedback on the name and the pixel fx, I think I'm gonna go with that name. I also think I'll do a test version of Ryu and see what it'll take to do all the fxs like that and make a decision from there.

Since Mike is base on Balrog in SFV are you going to give him his command grab he has in vtrigger2?
Also for his theme I guess the NYC theme from SFV could fit
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnFBDNp9ars&feature=youtu.be&list=PLolwMXdgjcQH9W0nBHeyGgef8L7W9fbfH[/youtube]

Yes, he actually already has it! There's a catch though, I put it in as a super. His supers are:

Level 1
-B3(v-trigger command grab). You can combo into this like you can in SFV and how like most command supers can be combo'd into in SF2Nes
-Charging buffalo. You can cancel with KKB during any time to extend the combo or fake out with overhead or throw)
-Bursting buffalo. Knocks into the air, you can cancel on the second hit to juggle more or in a very tight window you can follow up with charging buffalo

Level 3
-Gigaton Blow. This version is unlike SF2Nes Balrog's gigaton blow, it comes out faster but is unsafe on block. It can be combo'd into too. Does less damage than Rog's.

I'll come up with some new names for the moves to make him different than Rog in that regards, I just used the old names for convenience sake. Btw I only have to sprite his smash special moves and then he'll be ready for video. Still have to do the SFV exclusive moves but those will be in the video with their placeholder sprites.

The preview video will also not have his new voices yet, nor will it have effects I plan to draw on his fists. Like little wind/spiral effects for his punches.

Update:
I only have 4 more sprites to edit, and their top halves are done before I can get a preview out. Should be out in the next two days.
Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:16:05 am by Cobra Caddie
SF2NES Mike preview video
#22  January 07, 2019, 07:02:00 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org

Video looks a little crusty but I'm working with new programs, bare with me. :P

Here he is. Like I mentioned before he has "placeholder" sprites for a lot of his moves. Please keep that in mind when watching this. There were two things I forgot to show off in this video; his overhead and his target combo. So here:

His overhead can't be combo'd into, but it can be combo'd out of. As shown.

Some things I didn't show in the video that he has is:
- c.MK stomp
- s.MP anti-air
- TAP(turn around punch), which is gonna be like SFV Season 2 Balrog
- EX Smash has armor
- Both of his punching supers can be cancelled out of at certain points

Any questions lemme know.
#23  January 07, 2019, 07:08:24 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Season 2 Tap lmao cant wait to use it
Everything is looking really good so far hope you give him rog second win pose from SFV where he looks down at the opponent
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#24  January 07, 2019, 01:40:46 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I'm late, but what the heck:
  • Yes on pixel art FX. The other ones always clashed a bit too much for me.
  • Another vote for Mighty Street Fighter 2

I can't agree more. I always liked this game, but I was never fan of the transparent FX - they clash a lot with the graphics.
This is a mistake I made in the past in one of my own games and now I hate it with passion, lol.

Still in this subject, if you are going to change the transparent effects, change the afterimage to be solid too. So it would fit more with the graphic style.

I loved the Might Street Fighter name. Pretty cool.

That is very nice to have both Mike and Balrog. I just have a feedback with to share - you could make the artist's right arm of Balrog to bounce too, because right now only the other arm bounce, take a look

Keep the good work.
#25  January 07, 2019, 06:15:20 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Excellent feedback! Solid aftereffects would look really cool with this game and I never would have thought to change it, thank you. :)

With that Balrog animation, I think originally he only had 2 frames and the third was an edit, which is why it probably doesn't move more. So it definitely could be touched up, thanks for pointing that out. I might revisit more character animations as the game gets to the "tune up" phase after the new content is developed.

Any more feedback like this is very appreciated and will go towards making the finished product better.

Edit: GUYS! I just had a really cool idea for how I could make team modes work in the game. PLEASE don't let me forget about this, it involves plains and axises. I really think I'll be able to get it to work. :) And as far as I'm aware you'll never have seen it in a Mugen game before.

Update: Alright here's my idea. This is a fake screenshot but it'll show what I'm thinking.

I got this idea for a new kind of team mode earlier today. Instead of fighting on the same plane, players 3 and 4 would fight lower down on the screen. Then when P1 and P2 or P3 and P4 win their part of the fight, they'll wait around for the other group to finish. If their partner loses, they'll jump to the other plane to try and win the round. I could also have it so that the partner jumps in immediately after defeating their opponent, but I like the idea of them waiting until their partner loses.

Sound nice?
Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:36:13 am by Cobra Caddie
#26  January 15, 2019, 06:58:04 am
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Right now it sounds a bit odd, it might work though.
How about playing around with the tag system and make the characters shift targets when you press tag?
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#27  January 15, 2019, 05:23:02 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Maybe. Or I could do something like Kizuna Encounters tag system. What I'm looking for is keeping the fights 1 v 1 somehow, but allowing the 4 player combat. The only thing I don't want to do is a marvel system where the other characters aren't on screen most of the time.

I've messed around with it a bit and it would be really hard to make it so that characters are actually on different planes and can't hurt eachother. Hard, but possible. But I'm thinking a tag system would work better for what I want anyway. 2v2 in Mugen has always been kinda weird cause you have no control over what your partner does, but if I could make tag work that'd be acceptable for me.
#28  January 16, 2019, 04:48:55 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com

I've messed around with it a bit and it would be really hard to make it so that characters are actually on different planes and can't hurt eachother. Hard, but possible. But I'm thinking a tag system would work better for what I want anyway. 2v2 in Mugen has always been kinda weird cause you have no control over what your partner does, but if I could make tag work that'd be acceptable for me.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#29  January 25, 2019, 01:09:16 am
    • USA
Here are some suggestions:
1. Have some actual 8-bit music.
    You can find some from bootleg street fighter games on nes on youtube or 8 bit remixes. (The characters and stages are mostly from actual street fighter nes bootlegs for
    those who think that they're not nes.)
2. Add Sakura. You can use some Neo Geo Pocket Color sprites. I found a Neo Geo Pocket Color Sakura character on Mugen Archive.
#30  January 25, 2019, 01:27:35 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
I like the idea of them waiting around for the partner to die. It would look better if they had waiting sprites & it would cut down on confusion of who is in the battle. For example having them sit down & occasionally clapping or moving their head left to right as their partner moves back & forth between the axis.
#31  January 25, 2019, 01:45:30 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I like the idea of them waiting around for the partner to die. It would look better if they had waiting sprites & it would cut down on confusion of who is in the battle. For example having them sit down & occasionally clapping or moving their head left to right as their partner moves back & forth between the axis.
I was thinking the same thing, maybe something like the older Kofs. Just gotta decide if they can tag in and out. Should't be too hard to do a couple of waiting around sprites.

Here are some suggestions:
1. Have some actual 8-bit music.
    You can find some from bootleg street fighter games on nes on youtube or 8 bit remixes. (The characters and stages are mostly from actual street fighter nes bootlegs for
    those who think that they're not nes.)
2. Add Sakura. You can use some Neo Geo Pocket Color sprites. I found a Neo Geo Pocket Color Sakura character on Mugen Archive.
One thing I'd like to try and avoid is taking music from other sources other than the games they come from. Every bit of music and sound that I put into the game I personally ripped and edited(though not every song in the game is from me). If we do go for 8-bit music, I'll have to find some way to do it myself or get help from an outside source. Maybe converting the original SFC files into an NES sound font somehow I dunno.

Game is long way from finish so we'll see, thank you for the suggestion! The more I know what people want and are looking for in the release, the more it'll steer me in those directions. I will take peoples suggestions to heart, and I want to do "patches" if need be to help balance the game or fix bugs.

As for the roster, I already decided on who is in and how I'm going to do the sprites. Sakura didn't make the cut even though I'm a fan of hers, but I think in general people will like who I put in. Next character should get a reveal right when I'm finished with Mike. I did notice that the game is kind of a sausage fest; of all the new characters in the upcoming release only two are female, making 3 total for the whole cast. I think if the game continues development after this year I'll have to do something to fix that.
#32  January 27, 2019, 03:48:10 am
    • USA
You can get this free program called GXSCC. No install needed.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/8700/P/GsorigE.htm
Drag your midi file into the program and it will produce 8 bit music. You can then turn it into a wav file which you can convert to mp3.
https://online-audio-converter.com/
This website is good for that.
Last, try to stop improving the stage graphics and keep it in the original form like the first release. If you keep improving the graphics, then it won't look like NES.
Anyway, great game.
#33  January 27, 2019, 05:29:04 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you for those links!

As for the stages, if it makes you feel better I use real NES colors when I change them around. :P I also try to stick to color limitations with the new elements(not total color count but count per element). There's no way though that I'd go back though, the original rips of the stages were so bland and didn't make the best use of the colors. I also put a lot of work into them.

SF2:

Nes Bootleg:

Mighty Street Fighter(SF2Nes)

With the new one being fully animated. Yeah it's not totally NES anymore but it's not too off. Might be where the new Mighty title comes into play!
#34  January 27, 2019, 05:38:32 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
I personally like the new color scheme and animations. Seems to make the stages come to life.
Re: Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes)
#35  January 31, 2019, 01:22:29 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Name change is official, I whipped up a quick logo that I might stick with for it. It's on the first page!

Work on Mike is coming along, I expect to be finished with him by the end of February just cause I have a lot of custom sprites to make for him. For the next couple of characters I'm working on, they won't have many custom sprites. Instead they will be mostly edits of existing sprites to resize, recolor, and touch them up to fit in the game.

As for the NES style music suggestion, I went ahead and tried it and the results are mixed IMO. Not a whole lot of people know this but when I first was working on the game, I ripped spc files from the snes games myself and edited midi, adx, and mp3 files from them. Midis were made cause at the time, mugen's sound didn't allow mp3s to work on all systems including one of the co-creators of SF2Nes! So I made midis for all the music and with that, I can make NES versions of the songs from them. Here's a sample of what one of the themes would sound like, this is the best result of all the different instruments I tried:

http://caddie.smeenet.org/sf2balrog.mp3

What I might try to do is see if I can add a front end to the game and have an option to switch the music through that. If not I could manually have the uploads be separated by what your music preferences are.
Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:26:51 am by Cobra Caddie
#36  January 31, 2019, 04:00:23 am
    • USA
Perfect. Are you getting a hang of the software I provided you as you used it with the sample provided? Keep up the good work.
#37  January 31, 2019, 04:04:08 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Yeah it's really easy to use, thank you.
#38  February 08, 2019, 04:01:23 am
    • USA
Speaking of characters, when did you create Cammy, T Hawk, and Dee Jay and where did those sprites come from. I know the others are from bootleg NES games and some being edits of Ryu.
B.T.W. I can't wait till this game gets released.
Also, Andres Borghi's The Black Heart (Hope I got his name right) haves a launcher that lets you change the language as well as there being a code to play as the final boss. I don't know how he did that but you could do that for the music.
Edit: I'm also curious who voiced Sheng Long.
Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 04:44:36 am by Pacsonic
#39  February 08, 2019, 05:49:20 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Those character sprites aren't done, but I did some concepts that were very easy to make that are edits from the GBA games. They'll be a lot easier than Mike's sprites cause his require way more heavy edits. That's how I made Fei Long sprites too, they're SFA3 GBA sprites edited. Cammy's though is from SSF2TR cause I like that outfit better than her Alpha sprites.

Thank you for letting me know about the launcher, gives me hope about including something like that for MSF! Love to hear you're interested in the game coming out too, hopefully I can get it done sometime this year lol

I didn't make Sheng Long's voice but I believe it is Ken's voice pitched down.
#40  February 08, 2019, 10:20:55 am
  • Wandering....

I got this idea for a new kind of team mode earlier today. Instead of fighting on the same plane, players 3 and 4 would fight lower down on the screen. Then when P1 and P2 or P3 and P4 win their part of the fight, they'll wait around for the other group to finish. If their partner loses, they'll jump to the other plane to try and win the round. I could also have it so that the partner jumps in immediately after defeating their opponent, but I like the idea of them waiting until their partner loses.

Sound nice?

Looking nice and great, You can take some inspiration also with the likes of Groove and Fight...

And I hope you would look into Guardian Heroes which is kinda interesting for a shifting plane mechanic.

if you desire having them fight each other in the simultaneously.

I hope you would try 8bit nes styled gauges and fonts.