YesNoOk

Vera Trappz - ORIGINAL CHARACTER (Read 8645 times)

Started by MrPr1993, April 28, 2019, 05:01:26 am
Share this topic:
Vera Trappz - ORIGINAL CHARACTER
#1  April 28, 2019, 05:01:26 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://mrpr1993.deviantart.com/
Greetings! Been a while once more.

Here I present Vera Trappz once more! I intended to release her much, much earlier, but my old PC got shut down and my stuff inclidung the char were trapped in there. I ended up having to get a new PC. Fortunately, I managed to get the old stuff and drag em' to my new one, so I got my project back. However, I lost too much time, so here, I release a beta version of Vera, and due to that:
No AI
No Stage
No Intro & Ending

I intend to update her soon, so for now, you may play around with her for a bit. Gimme feedback on what I can improve on! Other than the walking and running animations, that is~

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CRBFFWqUPSN3yzxVHccmdFLvvGb8dIp2
CURRENT PROJECTS:
-Characters: Vera Trappz (OC)
-Stages: Springfield Town Square (Update)

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy
-Stages: Toon World (Cartoon Guy), End Of The World
Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 12:39:06 am by MrPr1993
Re: Vera Trappz - Beta - ORIGINAL CHARACTER
#2  April 28, 2019, 01:37:21 pm
i'm first!
She looks interesting. Her face should be a venus flytrap reference right? (dionaea muscipula, google it)
I'll try her, gives me the idea she'll have a funny gameplay.
thanks for the release  ;D

N_N

#3  April 28, 2019, 03:03:21 pm
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
Some stuff I noticed:

- CLSNs need work, mainly when it comes to the attacks. A lot of them don't allow for much range/trading and have the blue perfectly overlap the red CLSN. I also feel like there are too many of the blue CLSNs in some cases (standing light kick) but this part could just be me.
- I feel like you should buff the Chompy Head in some way considering its startup and the fact that the fireball projectile does just as much damage with less startup. Maybe get rid of the fireball projectile? IDK
- Air Filler is a special and does 200 damage? It isn't that hard to pull off too nor has that much of a recovery (especially because it uses the normal throw animation). You should probably nerf the damage
- Misaligned guard hitspark on the Chomp Beam

I kinda like where it's going so far though. Neat idea.
#4  April 28, 2019, 06:42:51 pm
  • Why,
Here I present Vera Trappz once more! I intended to release her much, much earlier, but my old PC got shut down and my stuff inclidung the char were trapped in there. I ended up having to get a new PC. Fortunately, I managed to get the old stuff and drag em' to my new one, so I got my project back.
Thanks...
Are you look reason why it get down?
No Stage... ?? what is that
No ai? Usually "Ai" is group random a. thinks + select case/many ifs... sometimes is better without that...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#5  April 28, 2019, 06:46:37 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
i'm first!
She looks interesting. Her face should be a venus flytrap reference right? (dionaea muscipula, google it)
I'll try her, gives me the idea she'll have a funny gameplay.
thanks for the release  ;D

Beartrap, actually.

Some stuff I noticed:

- CLSNs need work, mainly when it comes to the attacks. A lot of them don't allow for much range/trading and have the blue perfectly overlap the red CLSN. I also feel like there are too many of the blue CLSNs in some cases (standing light kick) but this part could just be me.
- I feel like you should buff the Chompy Head in some way considering its startup and the fact that the fireball projectile does just as much damage with less startup. Maybe get rid of the fireball projectile? IDK
- Air Filler is a special and does 200 damage? It isn't that hard to pull off too nor has that much of a recovery (especially because it uses the normal throw animation). You should probably nerf the damage
- Misaligned guard hitspark on the Chomp Beam

I kinda like where it's going so far though. Neat idea.

I'm keeping those in mind. Thanks  ^^

Here I present Vera Trappz once more! I intended to release her much, much earlier, but my old PC got shut down and my stuff inclidung the char were trapped in there. I ended up having to get a new PC. Fortunately, I managed to get the old stuff and drag em' to my new one, so I got my project back.
Thanks...
No ai? Usually "Ai" is group random a. thinks + select case/many ifs... sometimes is better without that...

She lacks a stage because it isn't fully finished yet. She lacks the AI because I haven't gotten to code it before my PC went out.
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy
#6  April 28, 2019, 09:23:04 pm
  • Why,

Thanks...

She lacks a stage because it isn't fully finished yet. She lacks the AI because I haven't gotten to code it before my PC went out.
I mean, ISn´t game/collection maker put these almost whatever... or just put them random It not matter what maker think?
Intro/end? Who ask... only get up it file size... well... what i talking? now days machines 1 mb more there or here is just nothing... it was different at 80*...
edit:
Sorry, can you tell your steps?
Are you these whose use KFm at template? Or just 0?
well...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:26:57 pm by EgyLynx
#7  April 30, 2019, 07:02:12 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
I mean, ISn´t game/collection maker put these almost whatever... or just put them random It not matter what maker think?
Intro/end? Who ask... only get up it file size... well... what i talking? now days machines 1 mb more there or here is just nothing... it was different at 80*...
edit:
Sorry, can you tell your steps?
Are you these whose use KFm at template? Or just 0?
well...

I used the KFM template.

Also fellas, updates Vera Trappz just a tiny bit. Just readjusted a few things hi-yo suggested me.
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#8  December 22, 2019, 12:38:50 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
Well guys! Went and updated Vera Trappz! She meeds more love.

-Vera has damage dampener
-Vera can dodge and use the liedown attack now
-Head and fireballs can only be shot one at a time
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
Re: Vera Trappz - ORIGINAL CHARACTER
#9  December 22, 2019, 04:33:25 pm
  • Tesla
  • Buy a Tesla
    • UK
Wow, it has been AGES since I've seen this character. Quite surprised anyone even remembers her.
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪
#10  December 22, 2019, 06:45:48 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#11  December 23, 2019, 01:01:31 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
Oh snap! I messed up something. And forgot to fix up her dodge anim. Updated!
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#12  December 23, 2019, 02:16:50 am
    • Brazil
Her jumping HK is very misleading, while the hitbox is on the leg, which makes sense, the arm stretches longer, making it look like it is what should be hitting the enemy. She needs better sprites for that animation.
#13  December 23, 2019, 02:54:32 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
Ooooh
Her jumping HK is very misleading, while the hitbox is on the leg, which makes sense, the arm stretches longer, making it look like it is what should be hitting the enemy. She needs better sprites for that animation.

Ooooh I see watcha mean - thanks for noticin'!
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#14  December 23, 2019, 07:19:01 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
Minor update: Fixed fireball blocks.
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE:
#15  December 29, 2019, 12:02:36 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
Update:
-Added one extra punch for the Light Punch move
-Can combo with Air Driller while in air
-Can combo with Air Filler Throw & Extending Chompers
CURRENT PROJECTS:

IDEAS I HAVE: