YesNoOk

Chie Satonaka Release (Read 13418 times)

Started by Vinnie, May 10, 2021, 03:01:56 am
Share this topic:
Chie Satonaka Release
New #1  May 10, 2021, 03:01:56 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 05:41:21 am by Ichida
Re: Chie Satonaka Release
#2  May 10, 2021, 03:35:27 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
#3  May 10, 2021, 03:43:59 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
-5C doesn't hit the opponent right away after her foot hits the ground (Making them able to predict it).
-jB launches the opponent back if the opponent is hit while attacking.
-The hitspark and guard sparks on her jC with the exception of the last hit is misaligned.
-She touches the ground a little too quickly on the 6th hit of her A command normals.
-The vanish effects from her Persona is slightly misaligned.
-The animation on her forward/backwards throw could be reworked as it looks like she floats down on the opponent instead of falling on to them.
-The 2nd normal ground shockwave is misaligned on her forward/backwards throw.
-The 3rd normal ground shockwave when the opponent touches the ground on her forward/backwards throw is layered incorrectly.
-Rampage completely goes through the opponent while they are attacking (Used on Training and none of the hits connect).
-The wall bounce effect on B and EX Herculean Strike has no envshake.
-The opponent can be hit by God's Hand twice with no way to block the 2nd one after being hit by the first.
-God's Hand should be a strong ground shockwave and sound effect instead of the normal one as it slams the opponent to the ground.
-The normal ground shockwave is misaligned after the opponent is hit by God's Hand twice.
-You can still see the opponent continue falling after the final kick from Galactic Punt (When used on Training as seen on Mr. Fael's clip).
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#4  May 10, 2021, 04:10:57 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
-You can still see the opponent continue falling after the final kick from Galactic Punt (When used on Training as seen on Mr. Fael's clip).

About that. It's an issue with other characters too.

#5  May 10, 2021, 04:35:53 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
https://streamable.com/ido3ez

Yeah, it looks like there's an issue with ether 2B or 5A
which allows 5A to be used after 2B.

I'm not sure what might be causing the issue yet.
I think it might have something to do with both of the trigger4's
in 5A, since i disabled both of them, & it seemed to fix the issue,
though i'm not entirely sure.
#6  May 10, 2021, 07:01:13 am
    • Vietnam
Yes. Those triggers were the reason why the infinite bug was occured. Up to this point, it has been fixed.
Also, Chie just got a new update, feel free to redownload her.
5C's hitboxes adjusted.
Readjusted a couple of misanglied hitsparks on certain moves.
Readjusted her throw animation. The shockwaves of the moves are fixed as well.
Fixed an error where Rampage's hitboxes didn't register when enemy is in attack state.
Fixed an error where God's Hand could strike twice.
Fixed an error where the enemy reappeared in the final hit of Astral Heat.
And many more aesthetic bugs fixed.
Also, added Kamui's small portrait. My thanks to you for it.
#7  May 10, 2021, 06:11:19 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
#8  May 10, 2021, 06:16:24 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Yes. Those triggers were the reason why the infinite bug was occured. Up to this point, it has been fixed.
Also, Chie just got a new update, feel free to redownload her.

Alright, sounds good.
I also heard that Hazama & Seth have infinites
(5BB to 5C for Seth & 5BB to 5AAA for Hazama).
I'll redownload them & see if i can get the infinites working.

EDIT: I think i found the infinite for Seth:
if you hit them with 5C after they get launched into the air after 5BB (or 5BBB?),
you can reset the combo: https://streamable.com/u97gcm

I think it's still possible to recover out of it, but it's a pretty small window.
#9  May 10, 2021, 06:28:32 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
Oh right, almost forgot, depending of the opponent's hurtbox, Chie can whiff her throw and get the opponent stuck: https://streamable.com/gs6z9k
#10  May 10, 2021, 08:54:55 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Nicely done once again Ichida, really like the combo stuff of Chie. :)
#11  May 11, 2021, 12:41:00 am
    • USA
2nd feedback:
-The hitspark and guard spark on the 1st hit of the A command normals is slightly misaligned (I realized this was supposed to be slightly higher up).
-Tomoe jC's hitsparks and guard sparks are misaligned when the opponent is hit in the air.
-Tomoe jC has a frame where she swings her weapon through the opponent with no red hitbox:

-5C would look better if the normal ground shockwave was placed where her front foot is (Look at OHMSBY's Kokonoe and Samus).
-The disappearing effect for her Persona still feels misaligned as it's not in the middle where she disappeared.
-God's Hand can still strike twice right when she returns to her standing animation.
-I personally think it would look better if the strong ground shockwave in God's Hand is slightly bigger (Or make this a normal ground shockwave instead).
-The normal ground shockwave where the opponent hits the ground by God's Hand is layered incorrectly (I think this should have been the strong ground shockwave instead).
-Galactic Punt gains a tiny bit of meter after it hits (Although very minor as it would just reset back to 0 on the next round, it should have nothing at all).
-The big portrait is not together with the small portrait (Mostly wanted to compare it with the small port as something is bothering me with it, turns out it's on 1136).
-Kamui's small portrait doesn't look like she's smiling like her big portrait is (This can be fixed using Fighter Factory's image editor).
#12  May 11, 2021, 03:27:00 am
    • Vietnam
-Tomoe jC has a frame where she swings her weapon through the opponent with no red hitbox:

It was intentionally made actually. Because Tomoe strike six times while swinging and one last hit in the end of the animation.

-The disappearing effect for her Persona still feels misaligned as it's not in the middle where she disappeared.
I just checked the code again. It looks like pos wasn't used but random instead, causing the effect to be a little bit misaligned. I checked OHMSBY's Yu, Yukiko, Adachi and even Mitsuru again. And yes, they were all having the same display. I can conclude that the reason that caused the bug is because of the random code. But nonetheless, it has been adjusted now. Hopefully it would look better this time.

-God's Hand can still strike twice right when she returns to her standing animation.
How did it happen to you ? I tested God's Hand with so many attempts but the bug still didn't appear for me. Yes if you are wondering, I did press "x" to cancel it. And the palm disappeared right after Chie returned back to her idle state.

Other than that,all of the aesthetic bugs and infinite bugs have been fixed.

Nicely done once again Ichida, really like the combo stuff of Chie. :)

Oh wow, that was fast.Thank you for the showcasing video.
#13  May 11, 2021, 04:22:51 am
    • USA
It was intentionally made actually. Because Tomoe strike six times while swinging and one last hit in the end of the animation.
Oh, that frame was pretty slow, so I thought it was another swing. But the hit spark and guard sparks of the move are still misaligned if they are hit higher than where Tomoe is.

I just checked the code again. It looks like pos wasn't used but random instead, causing the effect to be a little bit misaligned. I checked OHMSBY's Yu, Yukiko, Adachi and even Mitsuru again. And yes, they were all having the same display. I can conclude that the reason that caused the bug is because of the random code. But nonetheless, it has been adjusted now. Hopefully it would look better this time.
It's much better now as the effects are now together, just needs to be moved on the middle of Tomoe. But if you can't, that's fine too and can be left as is.

How did it happen to you ? I tested God's Hand with so many attempts but the bug still didn't appear for me. Yes if you are wondering, I did press "x" to cancel it. And the palm disappeared right after Chie returned back to her idle state.
The reason why it didn't happen is because you rapid canceled the move. You wouldn't be able to use God's Hand the 2nd time because of not having enough meter to do so. You need to perform it twice and use all 2000 meter in order it to happen like this:

Basically, the opponent can eat two God's Hand and unable to block the 2nd one while lying on the ground. If done quickly, the opponent will not have enough time to get up to avoid the 2nd one. Kind of destroys the purpose of using Power Charge, then God's Hand right after as two God's Hand combined does more damage than a power charged one.
#14  May 11, 2021, 05:09:58 am
    • Vietnam

Basically, the opponent can eat two God's Hand and unable to block the 2nd one while lying on the ground. If done quickly, the opponent will not have enough time to get up to avoid the 2nd one. Kind of destroys the purpose of using Power Charge, then God's Hand right after as two God's Hand combined does more damage than a power charged one.

Ah okay. At first I thought that there was something wrong with the HitDef. It turned out that I forgot to add Nothitby there. Getting hit by two consecutive God's Hand is  something that shouldn't be happened in the first place.

Speaking of it, It has been fixed now. As well as the hitsparks of j.C.
Fixed an error where the opponent could get hit by any attack after getting by God's Hand.
Adjusted Tomoe J.C's hitsparks.
#15  May 12, 2021, 08:04:49 am
    • Vietnam
Chie has received a small update.
Fixed an error where the opponent didn't disppear during the last hit of the Astral Heat.
#16  May 15, 2021, 01:56:34 pm
    • USA
So just when I finished with Chie, I found two bugs as I forgot to check her air distortion drives and two other things:
-The disappearing effects when Tomoe vanishes after Agneyastra shares the palfx as it turns orange for a second.
-If you use Power Charge then Agneyastra, the meter for the Power Charge gets misaligned for a second as it's stays in place when she moves up a bit on stages with super jump.
-I actually completely forgot about this as it's noticeable on my previous screenshot, but the fist effect on God's Hand is actually supposed to be in front of Tomoe when it connects for both (She's only behind it if it misses).
-Her running B could use dash dust when she leaps.
#17  May 15, 2021, 03:02:39 pm
    • Vietnam
Chie has received an update.
-Fixed an error where Tomoe's vanish effect shared the same palfx with the Agneyastra's meteors.
-Fixed an error where Chie's Power Bar froze for a while during her Agneyastra.
-Adjusted God's Hand FX.
-A little aesthetic adjustment on her 66B.
#18  July 12, 2021, 04:14:57 am
    • Vietnam
Chie has received a big update.
-New Mechanic: Not Over Yet
  -Upon reaching 35% health or below and not being in a hurt state, you will receive the following benefits for the rest of the round:
  -Immediately Gain 500 Meter
  -Slowly gain meter overtime
  -Gain a defense buff that scales up to 35% according to how much health you currently have (Less health means more defense)
  -Only triggers once per round
-New Mechanic: Ultra Dead Angle (Burst while Guarding)
 -Using this will cancel your guard stun and make you invulnerable for ten frames after the super pause. This also puts you into the Ultra Burst state, but it will only last a third of the time it would if you were to Ultra Burst normally.
-Ground throw now has 5 frames of startup, Dash Grab now has 3 frames of startup
-Stationary, Forward, and air dodges now have less invul time against physical attacks
-Invul time upon air recovery lasts a little longer and control is regained a little sooner
-Distortion Drives can now be triggered with any combination of A, B, and C rather than just A+B (Example: QCF B+C, QCB A+C)
-Changed default Liedown time to 15 frames
-A red X now appears over the Burst Icon when in a situation where it is not usable
-Added an Invalid Combo Indicator
-General Aesthetic Changes

- Added new mechanic: Guard Reject
  -When the character is guarding an enemy's attack, press "a+b" will immidiately "push" the enemy far away for a distant. This will cost 1000 unit of MUGEN power.
- Added new mechanic: Distortion Drive - Bonus Strike
  -When the "Not Over Yet" mode is activated, sucessfully performing any Distortion Drive will grant the character a random bonus from three
   bonuses below:
     +Critical: Deal an additional 20% damage on the enemy. This amount does stack with the damage scaling system, preventing the character to be
       OP in some cases.
     +Panicked: Sending the enemy to the "Panicked" status for a period of time ( 500 ticks ). While the bonus is still activated, if the character get hit
       by the opponent will have a small chance to dodge the next attack automatically.
     +Contact: When this bonus is received, character will be able to cancel the Distortion Drive without losing any power. So instead of 500, the cost
       will be reduced to completely 0.
Note: Chie's second Distortion Drive is a special case. She will NOT receive any of these boost when it is activated.
     +Astral Heat Indicator: When the character's power bar is full and the enemy's health is below 1/4, this message will pop up. If Astral Heat is used
       during that time, the message will disappear and won't show up anymore.
#19  July 12, 2021, 05:13:22 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
awesome update! gonna test em out for sure!
#20  July 12, 2021, 06:30:00 am
    • USA
Quick feedback on Chie:
-The strong ground shockwave when it hits the ground (The fist effect, not when the opponent does) would look better if it's bigger and in front of the fist.
-The back dash's palfx overrides the rapid cancel's palfx (Example: She glows white instead of blinking blue when rapid canceling backwards God's Hand and rapid canceling backwards any attack will make her glow white instead of blink white).
-The layering for the Burst icon is not correct (The burst icons are still present for both sides when using the astral heat).

Other than the mechanics working as they should, nothing much I found so far.