YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1286370 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#321  February 28, 2021, 08:49:36 pm
you mean vaccines? depends where did you guys got them?

heard AZD12222 and sinovac have poor performance, they barely got above 50% success rate. that's basically just gambling a person's health. for us we're still waiting for the J&j or sputnik v vaccine results and gov't would decide whether to use the vaccines we have now for the masses or wait for a better one.

we won't get the phizer's vaccine since they'll prioritize europe first. and china has been bugging the current gov't to use their sinovac but no hospitals are willing to be the guinea pig most well known public hospitals are waiting for department of health's and department of food and drugs for approval still despite that nobody wants anything to do with china except for the national government.

edit: to clarify it's not because of china it's because of budget , most hospitals are on a tight budget right now and it would be a waste of time and money to set it all up just for the vaccines' effect to be sub par.
#322  February 28, 2021, 11:18:03 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
My country will get Sinovac from china but you said isnt good enoght :/ so  I will take care no let any of my family uses that vaccine, I know now why the president of my country wasnt the first one to use it as he said on the news hehe
Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:38:50 pm by yaret
#323  March 08, 2021, 09:08:37 pm
New covid strains, spike in infection as a results, talks of another lockdown, incompetent corrupt government can't commit to anything nor provide enough quantities of the vaccine for even 1% of the country. I'd say 2021 is shaping up to be just as shitty as 2020.
Seriously guys, if you can get yourself vaccinated, don't even think about it! stab that bitch into your arm!
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#324  March 11, 2021, 11:42:36 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I was informed yesterday that TODAY I have to be vaccinated. I thought I should be by next year or so(because of my age, and not being of risk).

Avenge me if I die.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#325  March 12, 2021, 07:14:33 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
I started this pandemic in a happy relationship with plenty of friends, career opportunities starting to show, and in a new house.

Now I'm single and barely talk to her anymore, I've been unemployed for months with minimal income, and I moved again after I got assaulted at my "new house".

I just want this bullshit to be over and done with.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#326  March 12, 2021, 09:11:13 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#327  March 13, 2021, 04:03:27 am
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
lockdown got me through several stages of deppression, now i'm slowly recovering but idk if I'm prepared to go back to the outside + the virus left my lungs so weakened
#328  April 13, 2021, 10:30:39 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
There is a chance that İ got Covid.My test result comes out tomorrow İts been great to be around this forum.and the community
#329  April 14, 2021, 01:55:09 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Bangladesh. People are being tested positive dramatically. Over 6,000 people are tested covid positive everyday. Our Government has announced the 2nd Lockdown which will be applied from today. 40 to 60 people die everyday on average. Shitty Govt. & it's PM (You will know about it if you follow Al-Jazeera English YT channel), shitty Condition, shitty management, and a totally dark future for us.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#330  April 15, 2021, 04:32:33 am
  • all is love in fair and war
my mom & her husband, my aunt and her spouse, my step mother are all vaccinated last week in our province capital city. I feel a lot relaxed all the older people in my family are all safe. :yippi:
#331  April 15, 2021, 04:37:50 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
my mom & her husband, my aunt and her spouse, my step mother are all vaccinated last week in our province capital city. I feel a lot relaxed all the older people in my family are all safe. :yippi:
Glad to know that.
However, the problem is corona is an RNA virus that can change its genomic structure too fast. RNA viruses are unstable. Even after being fully vaccinated, you can still catch the virus (which got new strain). Please, be careful. Be safe.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#332  April 15, 2021, 06:01:53 am
Glad to know that.
However, the problem is corona is an RNA virus that can change its genomic structure too fast. RNA viruses are unstable. Even after being fully vaccinated, you can still catch the virus (which got new strain). Please, be careful. Be safe.

yea, we here are wearing mask everywhere still and everybody else while in public, but I hear even when not totally immune at least it will lessen the symptoms to not life threatening that alone is enough just like how we all have partial immunity to all kind of different flu each year even without any flu shots, big relief for small towners living in 3rd world country with not enough medical facilities and infrastructures when major outbreak really hits like this 3rd wave, covid mortality rate here in my town is around 10% due to all the limitations, all the hospitals are very quick to over capacitate just from a small spike in numbers 
hope you and everyone here stay safe.
#333  May 26, 2021, 11:10:05 am
yesterday got 1st vaccine
#334  May 26, 2021, 05:49:11 pm
  • SNK is life
Congrats man! Still make sure to wear a facemask and take care of yourself til your 2nd Dose.

My mother is getting her 2nd dose tomorrow. We were just talking over the phone and she tells me she keeps dreaming about my dad, who we lost because of COVID. This is an experience I wish for nobody. Please continue to take care.
#335  May 28, 2021, 03:27:07 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
Yes, please take this seriously and vaccinate if you haven't already. I lost my mother to Covid a few weeks ago and then ended up getting the virus myself (a few days after getting the J&J vaccine) which was one of the worst experiences in my life since I was close to needing a ventilator.

Don't let it come to the point where you lost someone close to you to make you realize how deadly this virus can actually be.
#336  May 28, 2021, 11:57:55 am
my condolence to Walt and A Certain Magical Maid. I have friend on another forum also lost family member due to this virus.

my countrymen surprisingly pretty obedient in wearing mask in public the whole year, hardly we see anyone without mask, would also get denied entry to any public building without wearing it. Still we are the worst struck in the whole SEA region, very late with vaccination program. and 3rd world infrastructure doesn't help either, my city and many other for example has 10% death rate.

yeah some people think getting a vaccine is like getting a medicine that give immunity instantly, many don't get the idea of a vaccine, and self brewing time to form antibody.

AZ vaccine made me shivers the first night, sore muscles the next day, and I'm fine after 2 days. not bad at all.

This would be remembered forever in history book like the plague,  I can almost imagine in the future when people for 22th century want to make a retro movie about year 2020, they would make us look like post apocalyptic people who wear leather armor and gas mask.
#337  May 28, 2021, 03:08:38 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Just read some more of this. I'm not replying to CF7 (can't believe the tone deafness of his comments regarding my dead close relative) nor any science denialists today; not in the mood. Our country was overrun by denialists (most of the media in this mindset) and now our health services are collapsing.

My g/f moved in during February, she tends to patients in a local hospital. She got the virus and so did I. She had been vaccinated (SinoPharm, 1st dose). Now she's had the 2nd dose (health workers are high priority). So, we spent most of April in isolation. She got a fever and had to take some meds for it (nothing serious), I was just fine; it was hardly a cold. Had she not shown symptoms, I think I wouldn't even have noticed. Except for the total loss of taste/smell and a random inexistant smell of burning trash for a few days...

My dad+gf, mom+bf, and most +55 ppl I know are already vaccinated with at least one dose (either AZ, SinoPharm or Sputnik).

All paid for by the State, as it should be. Viva Perón carajo.

But... We got our granny's ashes in a box. No funeral. This is extremely sad and I hope we can learn from it.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#338  June 08, 2021, 03:48:59 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Mexico. I hate the fact the government is in the need to rush shit up. Schools, while voluntary to attend for both students and teachers, it's dangerous not only because of a third wave that has already arrived to the country, but such irresponsible measures, not to mention children are not vaccinaated yet is just asking for the perfect recipe for disaster.

While my mom, dad and I have been vaccinated (sis takes hers this month), it's too foolish to think we can go back to normality. Pandemics like this take years even with the most advanced medicine to be fully under control. While I didn't receive any order to go back to where I work, it's likely understood teachers don't want to go back with the risks we're facing, plus the school year is about to end, so no real point. Besides, we all here know why the epidemiologic lights were changed to green. Their stupid votings.

So if you can vaccinate yourself, take this seriously.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#339  June 18, 2021, 10:26:37 pm
    • USA
United States. I always miss going outside without wearing a mask from my old times. I was scared of coronavirus when I first heard it. When I first took the shot, I felt a bit worried about something that is going to happen to me. After I took the first shot and stayed inside for few hours, I feel the same as before.
Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:18:50 pm by Jotaro_Joestar
#340  June 23, 2021, 10:47:55 am
I have a friend an ex classmate 43 yrs old, got fully vaccine with sinovac, and still got positive from recent variant, took 6 days to show more severe symptoms but ultimately didn't need hospitalization, I imagine a lot more undetected asymptomatic positives walking around spreading virus here, and 10% of those infected die... since my country's hospital can't keep up, and most prefer to hide their condition and ran to hospital when they are almost dead already.