YesNoOk

Batman by Cybaster (Read 69171 times)

Started by Cybaster, May 11, 2010, 11:28:11 PM
Share this topic:

2OS

Re: Batman by Cybaster - PALETTES NEEDED !!!
#101  May 17, 2010, 07:33:35 AM
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt

Dark Knight (movie-like), Batzarro and Adam West, respectively... I hope you like them ;)

Why in hell did I not think of Adam West ?

@_@

These are great, however, you made the precise mistake I made when saving the images, I'm unsure of what graphic program you did these with, but regardless, there should be save options for .PNG formatting, one of the options should be "Optimized  Palette", you need to set it to "Nonoptimized Palette", cos unfortunately, these won't comply with the palette of the original character, they are unusable, you might have to fully re-do these  :-\
#102  May 17, 2010, 08:57:13 AM
  • Participate, be a part.
hey cybaster... still need palettes done? send me your original sff file and i can match all the act files for you and or even create any color you request.

Why not just use the .png file given ?

because its so much easier and quicker as well accurate with a complete sff file with all the sprites already linked and shared... to me that is. problem about editing png files is that it just takes up more time and as you can see a lot of people here are having incompatibility issues. if i could get the sff file i can assure all act files will match sff, i can also generate new act if necessary.
#103  May 17, 2010, 09:41:59 AM
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
@ Basara : thanks a lot. I can't check at the moment, but if you indeed made the same mistake as  ♠2♠, you'll need to redo them. :(

@ Mugenload : I won't be uploading the complete SFF for now. However, tonight, I'll make a PNG file containing 5 to 10 sprites of Batman, so that you can better see how the palette looks like on all the sprites.

2OS

#104  May 17, 2010, 10:46:37 AM
  • 608 Wannabe
    • Egypt
because its so much easier and quicker as well accurate with a complete sff file with all the sprites already linked and shared... to me that is. problem about editing png files is that it just takes up more time and as you can see a lot of people here are having incompatibility issues. if i could get the sff file i can assure all act files will match sff, i can also generate new act if necessary.

I wouldn't say a LOT of ppl are having trouble just yet but I personally agree with everything else

when ninjas wear white they WANT you to know what killed you  ;D

My own quote was a reference to the classic Shinobi Ninja, Joe Musashi, after reading over it a few times it hit me, why not make a palette of one of the most classic VG ninjas there is, this is also probably the first VG character I've ever known EVER

Might be a tad unfitting, but I like it, hope everyone else will too  :sugoi:
#105  May 17, 2010, 01:38:39 PM
  • what a shame
    • Iran

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh (from Batman R.I.P)
#106  May 17, 2010, 01:49:57 PM
    • France
@ ♠2♠ : The red is too light, which makes the outlines look bad. Maybe by using a darker red, it'll look fine.

@ K.O.D : Wow, this one is really great. Definitely added to the main palettes. :)

2OS

#107  May 17, 2010, 02:52:09 PM
  • 608 Wannabe
    • Egypt
@ ♠2♠ : The red is too light, which makes the outlines look bad. Maybe by using a darker red, it'll look fine.
Which is what I did originally, but I wanted to see what kind of replies the brightness would get
#108  May 17, 2010, 04:47:51 PM
The Freddy Krueger / Christmas Palette

Watching the clock...very bored.
Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:54:02 PM by The Doctor
#109  May 17, 2010, 07:55:07 PM
    • France
Thanks for the palette. I noticed the face was strange in-game, but that's actually my fault for giving out a sprite which doesn't have all colors from the palette. I'm fixing the palettes which have errors because of that, so don't feel "obligated" to fix yours, as it's my screw up.

Anyway, for those still motivated in doing palettes for Batman, here's a bigger set to work with :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Don't forget NOT TO USE "Optimized Palette" when saving the palette, or it won't work correctly for me. Or, you could just send me the ACT file. :P

Little advance today, since it's not weekend anymore. Coded the crouch counter, removed the "lightning-like" effect which people didn't like.

Coded in the variable for Mode selection (via palette), and disabled moves based on Mode. To finish normal mode, I just have to add Wall Jump, code the Lv3 super, and fine tune some effects and palettes.
Then, I'll be able to start Goddamn and Adam West Modes for real. :)
#110  May 17, 2010, 08:42:10 PM
  • The Snow King of North Pole
  • We both can't be Kings, tubby. There can be only 1
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

@_@

I think I should put more grey on the suit instead cyan :P

These are great, however, you made the precise mistake I made when saving the images, I'm unsure of what graphic program you did these with, but regardless, there should be save options for .PNG formatting, one of the options should be "Optimized  Palette", you need to set it to "Nonoptimized Palette", cos unfortunately, these won't comply with the palette of the original character, they are unusable, you might have to fully re-do these  :-\
I used Paint Shop Pro, just opened the PNG, edited the palette there and then saved as none. Let me remake these ones... or maybe a sprite in PCX should be better, Cyb??
#111  May 17, 2010, 09:29:57 PM
    • France
Yeah, send me the PCX, or attach them to your post. At least you'll be sure the palette stays the same. :)
Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:33:28 PM by Cybaster
#112  May 18, 2010, 01:40:41 AM
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I like this graphic style. It's getting nice and makes me want to play  ;D
Very impressive project. Congratulations.

[]s
#113  May 18, 2010, 01:45:34 AM
    • USA
I'll try some palettes this week...

also yeah, throws are a bitch :P
#114  May 18, 2010, 05:58:05 AM
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#115  May 18, 2010, 06:52:39 AM
  • Participate, be a part.
@cybaster

what program are you using to make the sff and act files?
#116  May 18, 2010, 06:58:29 AM
    • France
The SFF wasn't originally made by me, but by Kronos. I'm only building on it by adding sprites, using Fighter Factory.
I guess this is the program he has used too.

Concerning palettes, Kronos gives credit to Photoshop CS2 in his readme, so I guess this is the program he used (and yeah, strange way of doing palettes, I agree, but whatever).

If you really want to have a SFF to make palettes, you can use Kronos' alpha version of Batman, which I use the palettes from : http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=100824.msg915045#msg915045

Also, "Cool I have Fighter Factory's maker in my topic \o/" :P
Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:40:31 AM by Cybaster
#117  May 18, 2010, 10:58:14 AM
  • oh! kah! mi...
Thanks for the palette. I noticed the face was strange in-game, but that's actually my fault for giving out a sprite which doesn't have all colors from the palette. I'm fixing the palettes which have errors because of that, so don't feel "obligated" to fix yours, as it's my screw up.

Anyway, for those still motivated in doing palettes for Batman, here's a bigger set to work with :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Don't forget NOT TO USE "Optimized Palette" when saving the palette, or it won't work correctly for me. Or, you could just send me the ACT file. :P

Little advance today, since it's not weekend anymore. Coded the crouch counter, removed the "lightning-like" effect which people didn't like.

Coded in the variable for Mode selection (via palette), and disabled moves based on Mode. To finish normal mode, I just have to add Wall Jump, code the Lv3 super, and fine tune some effects and palettes.
Then, I'll be able to start Goddamn and Adam West Modes for real. :)

Ok i'll give it a new try for the palettes.
just a question: What kind of palettes do you prefer? "original" as The doctor and ♠2♠ made, or related to batman as Basara and kod?

:)
#118  May 18, 2010, 11:36:59 AM
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden

@_@

I think I should put more grey on the suit instead cyan :P

I used Paint Shop Pro, just opened the PNG, edited the palette there and then saved as none. Let me remake these ones... or maybe a sprite in PCX should be better, Cyb??

Which reminds me, perhaps one could throw in in a intro, special move or a win pose that infamous scene from the movie when he runs around with that redicolous bomb. :S  "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
#119  May 18, 2010, 11:56:07 AM
    • France
@ rukifellth : I'll think about it.

@ ayacos : whatever you want, as long as it looks nice. :yes: Since he'll have 3 modes, and separate DEF files as a way to access modes too, there's up to 12*3 = 36 palettes slots. :P
#120  May 18, 2010, 09:32:14 PM
This is my try.  ;)