YesNoOk

Sakura (Alpha) (Read 4133 times)

Started by Yuko, August 12, 2022, 03:07:38 am
Share this topic:
Sakura (Alpha)
#1  August 12, 2022, 03:07:38 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
As requested.

Just keep in mind that she is unfinished and I'm not sure if I will continue her. However I'm sharing here because she is fully playable.
Tested only on 1.1, should work fine in 1.0.

If you're going to use her, or, if you're going to edit/finish her, PLEASE read the "what is missing.txt". There are a lot of useful information there.

For the testers and feedback maniacs out there, even though I'll probably not work on her anymore, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I worked a lot on her and that was my first time using JZ's tables. Speaking of which...
Special thanks to Jesuszilla for the tables;
HUGE special thanks to KarmaCharmeleon and Jmorphman for teaching me how to use the tables and for general help whenever I needed. Love you both.

Really wanted to compete in another CotM with her, but well, maybe next time.

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to see content)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/88z94dhjpjpr9es/Sakura.rar/file

Have fun. :)
Re: Sakura (Alpha)
#2  August 12, 2022, 08:20:10 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thanks for sharing your progress!

Not tested yet, but I have 2 whishes :

-When a creator continue her, I wish he/she will follow what you had in mind to complete this Sakura.
-I wish some day you come back on the scene, when you feel better.

I can't wait to try this alpha!!

EDIT : after testing.
I'm not the best to give actual feedback (on advanced stuff)
But I really like how you handled her "Midare Zakura" (MAX version) and also her "Sakura Otoshi" follow ups as we talked about it in the past ;)

Also, I really like your idea of a third mode with More serious style... I'm pretty sure there is an animation for Sakura using Tome nage, and it would not be hard to edit her MK into Sokutogeri...

Seriously, this version deserve to be completed by some good creator.
Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 10:56:53 am by Momotaro
#3  August 14, 2022, 04:54:26 pm
Thank you for sharing. I will take her.
#4  August 21, 2022, 06:31:49 pm
    • USA
Hi I'm testing her out now. Feels pretty solid. Feels like the closest we'll ever get to a CvS2 Sakura. Currently, Warusaki3's Sakura is dated in comparison. Yes, velocities and collisions (hitboxes) are extremely important. I'm glad you got those down.

For Dark Sakura, I would recommend using her evil stance. Also, maybe give her tatsu some juggles like Akuma. As in, Akuma can do tatsu --> DP. Giving Sakura something like that would be pretty cool imo. She also needs some more unique moves that define her evil-ness.

As far as regular Sakura is concerned, she seems solid. I'm glad you kept the EnvShakes on her DP shououken nice and subtle just like source game. because I've seen some other Sakura's with big EnvShakes on the same move and it looks tacky. I think CvS2 had a very slight subtle EnvShake, or sometimes, none at all. but yeah, good stuff.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place