YesNoOk

Randomselect gone for good? (Read 6424 times)

Started by volzzilla, February 20, 2012, 07:33:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Randomselect gone for good?
#21  February 21, 2012, 10:45:22 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
You're welcome. ;)
#22  February 21, 2012, 10:50:49 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
he could have just given that stuff to be hosted by jz, I dont think jz would have minded at all. 
#23  February 21, 2012, 11:08:45 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I talked with KFM, too, those MUGEN boards were wiped for good.
I didn't see this before.

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

What the fuck. Why. You useless piece of shit. One of the only good things you've ever done and you wiped it away in an incredibly idiotic attempt to get people to visit your very dead forum. But hey I guess it's really important to provide a place to hang out and talk about classic video games, because there is no other place to do that on the internet. None at all. So thanks again KFM, you're leaving a great legacy behind you: deleting the Guild, throwing temper tantrums over ridiculous shit, and now this.

Good job.
#24  February 21, 2012, 11:11:10 am
    • France
JMorphman's state of mind :
Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:15:03 am by Cybaster
#25  February 21, 2012, 11:18:11 am
    • Thailand
How did Jmorphman come to that conclusion? I don't even.
#26  February 21, 2012, 11:21:53 am
    • USA
How did Jmorphman come to that conclusion? I don't even.
that random select topic cybaster linked to said:
It's been years since I opened this place, and we've changed servers several times since then. I'm not even going to open with a long winded discussion and instead cut it brief. I'm going to go through and systematically tear down the website, and rebuild it.

I always wanted this place to be more than Mugen, and to be a place for people to come to and relax. I always wanted to do something with and for classic gaming too, something I've felt for years hasn't been as available.
#27  February 21, 2012, 11:29:13 am
say that the forum was dead and nobody visited it
complain that its content was deleted, because it was the only place where it was at
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#28  February 21, 2012, 11:30:30 am
    • Thailand

But you made it seem like an overall bad thing that he wants to change his site around so more people can come to his site. What is wrong with that? If he wants to quit Mugen forever and do other things, what's the big deal? P.o.t.S did it.

I don't know, your post seemed, like, unduly angry. :P
#29  February 21, 2012, 11:38:22 am
    • France
Angry that a lot of valuable Mugen information available nowhere other than at RS was deleted, even the backups, for whatever reason, without noticing anybody.
#30  February 21, 2012, 11:41:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
and without giving those backups ( that are now deleted) to people like jz that would gladly host them or port over content from them.
#31  February 21, 2012, 11:43:29 am
    • Thailand
You guys really think that was done because he wanted to keep his privates? I don't know about that. But okay.

The only thing worth something was Reika by Taruse, anyway! ;P
#32  February 21, 2012, 11:44:17 am
Did he have a contract saying he had to do that ? Did anyone think of copying the posts into a text file because the forum was dead ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#33  February 21, 2012, 11:45:34 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You guys really think that was done because he wanted to keep his privates? I don't know about that. But okay.

The only thing worth something was Reika by Taruse, anyway! ;P
No one said that. ( or at least I didnt )  Just pointing out the oddity.
#34  February 21, 2012, 11:48:45 am
    • USA
complain that its content was deleted, because it was the only place where it was at
Ever hear of something called hyperbole? But yeah, RandomSelect hasn't been a very active place. I don't think anyone is gonna argue that it wasn't.

But you made it seem like an overall bad thing that he wants to change his site around so more people can come to his site. What is wrong with that? If he wants to quit Mugen forever and do other things, what's the big deal? P.o.t.S did it.
PotS left all his stuff up, but even if he didn't, it wouldn't really compare to this. KFM had a giant selection of hosted works that are not gonna get hosted anywhere again, and there was a bunch of valuable information in those forums too. If he didn't want to pay for the costs of hosting all that stuff, that's perfectly understandable, he could've given it to Trinity to host (not sure if that would've been ok with people who are offline but whatever, just do it for the people still active). The stuff on the message boards is what really gets me. He's still gonna be running the site, so it's not like those threads are gonna be costing him extra or anything. And if he really didn't want them anymore, he really should've told someone so that they could preserve all the information there.

I don't know, your post seemed, like, unduly angry. :P
No kidding. I am SUPER angry. >:[

Did he have a contract saying he had to do that ? Did anyone think of copying the posts into a text file because the forum was dead ?
Of course he didn't have to do anything he didn't want to. But that doesn't mean I can't criticize him for his idiotic decisions.

And how the fuck could anyone copy the posts into a text file? By the time anyone knew it was gone, it was gone. No one would do that while the topics were still up because they expected the topics to still exist.
#35  February 21, 2012, 11:55:49 am
Great, first Megaupload and now randomselect is gone.
What's next?
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#36  February 21, 2012, 11:56:09 am
Ever hear of something called hyperbole? But yeah, RandomSelect hasn't been a very active place. I don't think anyone is gonna argue that it wasn't.
I'm not talking about your comment that it was dead. It was. I'm talking about how you're complaining that it was deleted, after saying nobody visited it.
But that doesn't mean I can't criticize him for his idiotic decisions.
It's an idiotic decision because you don't like it ? Because he didn't care to keep things that you wanted to still be hosted somewhere ?

And how the fuck could anyone copy the posts into a text file? By the time anyone knew it was gone, it was gone. No one would do that while the topics were still up because they expected the topics to still exist.
So you were taking for granted that he would give you a one week/month warning before deleting his own forum, because he would care enough that you don't want it to disappear.
#37  February 21, 2012, 12:03:25 pm
Some of the good tools there are gone like velcalculator, I still use it and luckily I download it before it is gone but it is still sad that one of a good site such as Randomselect is gone :'(

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#38  February 21, 2012, 12:13:56 pm
    • USA
I'm not talking about your comment that it was dead. It was. I'm talking about how you're complaining that it was deleted, after saying nobody visited it.
Again, people obviously still visited it, I know I did whenever I was checking the animation thread. It may have been inactive, but it still had valuable stuff on it.

It's an idiotic decision because you don't like it ? Because he didn't care to keep things that you wanted to still be hosted somewhere ?
No, it's an idiotic decision for the reasons I already outlined above.

So you were taking for granted that he would give you a one week/month warning before deleting his own forum, because he would care enough that you don't want it to disappear.
... yes? I mean, that's not unreasonable, is it?
#39  February 21, 2012, 01:07:21 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Yay, I didn't announce it this time! :D
#40  February 21, 2012, 01:32:16 pm
... yes? I mean, that's not unreasonable, is it?
It's reasonable to think he could have done it. It's not reasonable to take it for granted. It's the Internet, nobody has any obligation to do what others want if they don't care.