YesNoOk

Teen Gohan spritesheet (Read 20781 times)

Started by │ㄷ ▌, June 21, 2014, 07:55:33 pm
Share this topic:
Teen Gohan spritesheet
#1  June 21, 2014, 07:55:33 pm
I was testing some Fireworks functions such as the limit from palette colors, browser preview, layers opacity and magic wand and I think I found another technique to shade sprites, maybe faster than the gray method.

So I colored teen Gohan spritesheet and believe or not it took me just 6 hours to shade and color ALL the sprites.

What is left is shading the eyes and adding the "blur/sweep" effects. But at least I took it to a usable level, the progress was stuck and I hate doing useless things so I "completed" it.

If you want to use it you can send me a pm, I could give you some guidance or ideas too.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And some reference gifs:
[LINK]

(Good thing is that i just erase posts, not work)

Credits to balthazar for the bases and Tobalinator for the select portrait

Spriters, if you are interested:

Yes, I shaded all those sprites in 6 hours using Fireworks, this is how:

I suppose you can do it too in photoshop and Im pretty sure this tutorial already exists but I haven't seen any spriter using this method. I mean, a full spritesheet in that short time, this is a thing.

Vemos

Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:20:47 am by │ㄷ ▌
Re: Teen Gohan spritesheet
#2  June 21, 2014, 08:35:51 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Very good Chamat! I bet some people would like to code them. :)
#3  June 22, 2014, 05:33:36 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I'm not sure about other image editing programs like photoshop or fireworks but I use a freeware program called paint.net. It has a "recolor" tool that does just about the same thing but with a lot less steps. It's recolor tool works by taking your primary color that you've chosen in the colors table and replacing the secondary color you've chosen in the colors table. Then you simply use it like a brush tool and it will only color parts of the image that use that exact secondary color and replace it with what you've chosen as the new primary color. So very fast and lazy brush strokes for reshading can be done without worrying about coloring the wrong spots in the image. Paint.net's recolor tool also has a shortcut command to use it like an eyedropper tool to quickly select the primary or secondary color you'd like to use from the image by using "ctrl+left click" for primary and "ctrl+right click" for secondary color. I'm sure programs like photoshop also have a similar tool. Also make sure the tolerance is set to 0% and that anti-aliasing is disabled. Just thought I'd share that with you. Sounds like the same thing you're trying to pull off but with fewer steps and less hassle.

This is what I did most when color separating for my Kenpachi and Aizen characters.
#4  June 22, 2014, 08:28:40 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I don't really like that hairdo looks... even if it's for a SSJ base. The current hairstyle fits more to Goku than Gohan
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#5  June 23, 2014, 02:40:59 am
Very good Chamat! I bet some people would like to code them. :)

Thank you kindly

"Paint.NET recolor tool explanation"

I tried your recolor method and it didn't convince I must say:

-It works to change one color to another, not to shade all the colors at the same time, right? 
I had to shade the gi and the skin colors by their own, not as a whole.

-I see it works for color separation, changing a group from colors(black) to another(yellow), but there is the problem because it only affects those colors.

I found the explanation in getpaint.net site [LINK] and it says it is good to replace one color to another so it doesn't work to shade the whole image.

Maybe I didn't get your explanation right, perhaps there is something Im missing?

I don't really like that hairdo looks... even if it's for a SSJ base. The current hairstyle fits more to Goku than Gohan

Well his hair is like that in base & SSJ1 form:

#6  June 23, 2014, 04:13:59 am
  • For honor!
I thought his hair style is supposed to always be stolen from Yamcha :3c
Iroha stripped for me
#7  June 23, 2014, 04:43:04 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I had to shade the gi and the skin colors by their own, not as a whole.
Ah I see what you're saying now. Yes, what I was mentioning was to change the colors of one section at a time, like say the skin first. Which you could do a whole sheet a time like that. But then you'd have to go back and shade the next section like say the gi for example. Now I see you're saying you want to manually shade all colors at once. Yes the recolor tool won't shade them all at once, but it can be very useful if you're only trying to reshade certain colors at a time, which is exactly what I do when I color separate sprites. They both could have their own advantages and disadvantages.
#8  June 23, 2014, 04:24:11 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
Hola Chucho.

Me preguntaba si está interesado en ayudarme con hacer un personaje.

Es Gohan de Dragon Ball Z

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/teen-gohan-spritesheet-160324.new.html#new

Ya se que se enfoca más en personajes de Tekken y Street Fighter, pero este sería un bonus para sus seguidores.

Debo repetir que me siento agradecido porque terminó y programó a Sagat SF3. De hecho estoy dibujando unos nuevos personajes de Tekken que estoy seguro que le interesarían.

Lamento lo que sucedió con Cvsnb, pero no fue más que un malentendido.

Si me puede ayudar con Gohan estaría más que agradecido ya que unos amigos están con ganas de jugar con él y han jugado con sus otros chars.

Si no puede programarlo ud, me puede recomendar algún programador? me dicen que en MMV puede que encuentre uno, pero preferiría que ud fuera el programador.

Gracias
Mi amigo, cuenta conmigo para este char, tambien practicare con este para hacer un edit asi de Dragon Ball Z de Cell o a una de las Trortugas Ninja

My friend count whit me to edit this one, I like Dragon Ball Z sagas and I can practice whit this one to edit more chars like this one

I cant send the PM in inbox, but I can send this here

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#9  June 23, 2014, 06:10:01 pm
Thanks for sharing your experiment :)
#10  June 23, 2014, 11:08:32 pm
I thought his hair style is supposed to always be stolen from Yamcha :3c

So Yamcha was secretly a SJ, that would explain a lot...

Yes the recolor tool won't shade them all at once, but it can be very useful if you're only trying to reshade certain colors at a time, which is exactly what I do when I color separate sprites. They both could have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Ok good to know the differences are clear now. Hope you give it a try to my method.

Mi amigo, cuenta conmigo para este char, tambien practicare con este para hacer un edit asi de Dragon Ball Z de Cell o a una de las Trortugas Ninja

Muchas Gracias amigo Chucho me alegra que quiera programar el char, le voy a decir a mis amigos.

I cant send the PM in inbox, but I can send this here
I can't edit my msgs, now I can't receive pms, great.

Thanks for sharing your experiment :)
You are welcome, I like to share my knowledge.

#11  June 24, 2014, 04:56:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
All of your PM permissions are intact. I just checked them. Just editing posts had been removed.
#12  June 24, 2014, 05:24:52 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
All of your PM permissions are intact. I just checked them. Just editing posts had been removed.
Good!! Now is time for seek the Dragon Balls...I whis to make more Dragon Ball characters like this

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
#13  June 25, 2014, 12:50:52 am

Ok, good to know.

Good!! Now is time for seek the Dragon Balls...I whis to make more Dragon Ball characters like this

So it is?

I have something interesting then:

There are all the images needed for it:
[Download link]

I don't have the spritesheet done but you can use the gifs.

There were some other DBZ chars in progress but I stopped them. BUT with this new method im pretty sure you could have a new char per month being the style simplicity.

Ahh yes before I forget another PRO about the fast-shading method is that you don't need to resize nothing!

#14  June 25, 2014, 04:52:14 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Well, I always do my animations without really resizing them, although that method is... interesting.

Are you willing to finalize the sprites in there (detailing the hair, clothes, and all) some time, or would you rather leave that for someone else?

Shit
#15  June 25, 2014, 10:20:14 pm
No, Im not. I know these need detailing and such but I don't have time.

If you want you can be my guest, in fact, anyone can help with this "experiment" (like the CvSvC green sheets), even a collab work would be good, setting which spriter is going to finish which parts and such... I don't know.

#16  June 27, 2014, 07:03:42 am
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico

Ok, good to know.

So it is?

I have something interesting then:

There are all the images needed for it:
[Download link]

I don't have the spritesheet done but you can use the gifs.

There were some other DBZ chars in progress but I stopped them. BUT with this new method im pretty sure you could have a new char per month being the style simplicity.

Ahh yes before I forget another PRO about the fast-shading method is that you don't need to resize nothing!
Freezer! Its good mi amigo, do you like this one like Gohan? The answer id yes

#17  July 01, 2014, 11:52:59 pm
Gracias.

I know you like Juri but I haven't found time to keep the spriting. But as I told you I'm planning to do some Tekken chars, something simple but usable.

#18  July 03, 2014, 03:33:46 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico

Teen Gohan spritesheet (I'm done with this)
#19  July 14, 2020, 12:10:25 pm

Download the gifs and the clean sheet:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qb8n4nlhnkyfpjf/Teen_Gohan_by_Chamat%252C_based_on_Adult_Gohan_b.rar/file

Ok guys, time to get rid of this project, don’t worry is pretty complete and can work as a decent char.

At least I hope you realize that this wasn’t just a resize work, that some new animations were included.

Since this project’s conception there have been problems.

I see is not worth it, I don’t like playing mugen, I can enjoy watching some mugen videos, new stuff being done, but its clashy nature is borderline garbage.

If it were for me I would add new chars to romhacks, maintaining a defined style. I love good fighting games.