YesNoOk

Physics Engine. (Read 11313 times)

Started by MC_GVP, June 02, 2009, 07:46:29 pm
Share this topic:
Physics Engine.
#1  June 02, 2009, 07:46:29 pm
Hey, I must say I'm impressed by the way ShugenDo is coming together, and I think that in the near future it will grow into a full community with great projects, just like MUGEN. Please correct me if Im wrong on what I'm about to write, because i suck at understanding how this works.

I think ShugenDo should have a character-independent physics engine. By this I mean that one could program an MvC or SNK-style engine and make all characters within the game to work with those constants. This would make easier for developers to create a new character without going through the hassle of creating a whole set of physics, making development faster, and also this would make all characters act similarly... Of course there are some things that would need to be character specific (Zangief isn't going to jump as high as Chun-Li) but that could be a character specific value that would work different in every physics engine.

I really hope I'm explaining myself and that I'm not talking about something that's already implemented... as I told you before, I'm not a very avid programmer and I can barely set up my MUGEN's chars and stages.

PUNK ROCK
Re: Physics Engine.
#2  June 02, 2009, 08:14:25 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
What you are talking about is all done through character coding and not through the engine itself.
Like for example, Pots has an MvC character template up on his site so people can benefit  from creating characters with MvC physics ...Not that they have, really...Looks over at IMT still using Kong's template :omg:. Another good example are GM's SF3 characters, if the code is studied close enough, one could easily create a SF3 template from it.

I guess what you're asking for could be done in Shugendo, but it simply relies on the character code.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#3  June 02, 2009, 08:19:24 pm
I guess what you're asking for could be done in Shugendo, but it simply relies on the character code.

Exactly! I think if there was a physics engine, character creation would be much faster.
PUNK ROCK
#4  June 04, 2009, 06:02:55 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
I way of solve this would be to add physic parameter to a char.
Like Height , Width and Weight of and char an deal with real physic values instand of pixel acceleration.

Some think like my char is walking 5km/h but only on solid surfaces. And on water surfaces 1km/h or so .
There is a lot of room of possibility for a physic engine.
We have to see how it will come out.
Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com