YesNoOk

Super Marvel vs Capcom Eternity of Heroes beta v4.0 (Read 69675 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, January 05, 2009, 05:43:47 pm
Share this topic:
Super Marvel vs Capcom Eternity of Heroes beta v4.0
#1  January 05, 2009, 05:43:47 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
This is not my project alone, but since I'm part of it...I'm posting on this section. If its wrong, feel free to move it to the Found releases

Straigh from Acey post on IMT:

Due to be completed in 2009, here is another beta release of the Super Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes project for your testing pleasures. Back in October we all decided to pull together and work exceptionally hard to complete more content earlier than previously expected so we would have another present to give the forum users this year.

Here, in all its glory is the next beta release of SMvC:EoH. Right now, with over 40 stages and over 80 on screen characters, this is the biggest versus bash next to your own personal Mugen. We have made multiple improvements over last year’s release with up-to-date visuals, an insane amount of bug fixes and even more new challengers with the help of a plethora of new contributors. So pat yourself on the back for the support you gave this endeavor and let's start downloading!!

Download (1 Gig):
http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=PYQ7UOBK (Link updated)

Downlad (In Parts)
Part 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?jddnzgetyqj *Please wait for new link
Part 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?omj3eznztjg
Part 3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?nnmzzn5yhym
Part 4 - http://www.mediafire.com/?mjtkz2jlgto
Part 5 - http://www.mediafire.com/?yzmjkzjz3dz
Part 6 - http://www.mediafire.com/?jajtuxjhga0
Part 7 - http://www.mediafire.com/?zmjhwvmty2i
Part 8 - http://www.mediafire.com/?nlhjzqhy24n
Part 9 - http://www.mediafire.com/?tzzy2mmyi5n
Part 10 - http://www.mediafire.com/?yed2nwyenjn
Part 11 - http://www.mediafire.com/?jytjyogmnk2

p.s. Just like last year, bug reports do not belong on this thread, please post bug reports to the appropriate thread in the SMvC Project section of the forum.

G Lux: Bug Report Thread linked here.
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=19642.0
Re: Super Marvel vs Capcom Eternity of Heroes beta v4.0
#2  January 05, 2009, 05:57:45 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
[glow=white,2,300]Infinity Mugen Team[/glow][/i] rocks!!!
#3  January 05, 2009, 06:00:44 pm
This is not my project alone, but since I'm part of it...I'm posting on this section. If its wrong, feel free to move it to the Found releases
it's fine here
p.s. Just like last year, bug reports do not belong on this thread, please post bug reports to the appropriate thread in the SMvC Project section of the forum.
i know this is a quote from acey but to clear this up: people can post feedback here, right?
#4  January 05, 2009, 06:22:10 pm
Umm wow I was expecting much more from Punisher... Wowwww.. Frank Castle is a major disappointment.  :'(

But Baby Commando is good and Adon MvC rocks too. He's actually a good SFA-MvC conversion since MvC Sagat, Rolento, Blanka, and Balrog are not that well done imo. Also I can't believe how nicely Crash Man is coming along.
#5  January 05, 2009, 07:34:54 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
it's fine here
i know this is a quote from acey but to clear this up: people can post feedback here, right?

I think that its okay. When its possible, I could copy and past there.
#6  January 05, 2009, 07:39:35 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
When I posted feedback on the first one, I got banned from IMT.

--Mugen Fighters Guild (2009)
Tetsuo9999

WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:18:42 pm by Tetsuo9999
#7  January 05, 2009, 07:49:08 pm
I got banned after I gave feedback to Kong's work lol.  ::)
#8  January 05, 2009, 08:02:33 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
When I posted feedback on the first one, I got banned from IMT.

Well, I`m not IMT admin, so I dunno why you were banned there.

I got banned after I gave feedback to Kong's work lol.  ::)

I don't to talk about this here. This is something delicate: 50% is right because Kong chars needs WAY MORE work, but 50% is wrong because some people love to do feedbacks on the old MFG style (something close to Doki Doki Mugen, that was stupid).

But the topic is about EOH beta, not Infinity issues. I think that EOH must be improved in many aspects, because many chars are just broken. But that is my opinion.
#9  January 05, 2009, 08:13:48 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
Unless IMT has changed any feedback that isn't "LOL nice shyt man +1" Or "GOOOOOOOOOD Bro that rocks O_O" Was pretty much considered unacceptable.
If such is still the case why waste time giving feedback for this game here or anywhere else?
#10  January 05, 2009, 08:20:16 pm
A lot of characters are broken indeed. I think the template just needs a massive overhaul because that's where most of the problems are coming from. Like Sentry's screaming hyper keeps repeating itself over and over again. And then for a lot of characters you can do another hyper while one hyper is being done. A lot of Infinity's characters don't look professional at all honestly (by professional I mean that it's believable if they were actually made by Capcom, like Thor or Superman by Scruffydragon). This is not a bashing of Infinity I'm just being honest. Most of the characters are sub-par, that's why I try to avoid getting Infinity's characters unless I have to. Unfortunately I'm not gonna waste my time giving feedback because like my friend said above anything that's not a "OMG Best char eva! +1+1+1 :) :) :)" is seen as bannable lol.
#11  January 05, 2009, 08:20:32 pm
i think it's safe to post feedback here either way. i'm sure that at least o ilusionista will pay attention to it and will communicate anything that should be fixed to the other eoh members
#12  January 05, 2009, 08:20:35 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ilu, any predictions for when will the first file be back up?
#13  January 05, 2009, 08:34:40 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Unless IMT has changed any feedback that isn't "LOL nice shyt man +1" Or "GOOOOOOOOOD Bro that rocks O_O" Was pretty much considered unacceptable.
If such is still the case why waste time giving feedback for this game here or anywhere else?

Saddly, I agree with you... --;

A lot of characters are broken indeed. I think the template just needs a massive overhaul because that's where most of the problems are coming from. Like Sentry's screaming hyper keeps repeating itself over and over again. And then for a lot of characters you can do another hyper while one hyper is being done. A lot of Infinity's characters don't look professional at all honestly (by professional I mean that it's believable if they were actually made by Capcom, like Thor or Superman by Scruffydragon). This is not a bashing of Infinity I'm just being honest. Most of the characters are sub-par, that's why I try to avoid getting Infinity's characters unless I have to. Unfortunately I'm not gonna waste my time giving feedback because like my friend said above anything that's not a "OMG Best char eva! +1+1+1 :) :) :)" is seen as bannable lol.

...template that I`ve updated but nobody uses, just me. And yes, most of the errors come from it (even my chars, when they have bugs, 90% comes from the template). And I agree with you on one point: some chars from there needs HUGE fixes.

About the feedback: you can post here and I will show to they. Please post a screenshot (with the debug turned on) and try to explain how you have encountered that. I will report there. If they will hear, I'm not sure.

i think it's safe to post feedback here either way. i'm sure that at least o ilusionista will pay attention to it and will communicate anything that should be fixed to the other eoh members

Yeah. There is two kind of feedback that won't help at all:

IMT Style - OMFG!!!!! IT RULEZ!!!!!
Old MFG Style - This character is shit! Crappy! You should die!

Knowing that, anyone is free to give feedback. Just to make the things clear:

1 - I'm a IMT moderator, not Admin. So any question about IMT behaviou, must be asked to their admins.
2 - This project is from Acey and other people, not by me. Yes, I do make part of it, but this doesn't means that I agree with everything.
3 -I agree that they are many broken chars, overused ideais, bad codes, etc. but, like I said, its not because I'm part of EOH that is my fault.

PS: Titiln, you seams to had changed, its good.

Ilu, any predictions for when will the first file be back up?

Saddly, no. To tell the truth, I NEVER could test the whole game, it corrupts everytime that I download it. I`m redownloading now at my job, that is because I've posted few feedbacks. But i will do when I finally get my hands of it. And it won't be "OMFG ROCKZ".

Thanx everyone.
#14  January 05, 2009, 08:56:41 pm
Here is some feedback since you're going to correlate this to the team:

-Balrog has connectivity issues with his Uppercut Mayhem hyper. For example if he is not close to the character the first punch will connect but the rest of the uppercuts will not connect and will not hit the opponent. He keeps doing the uppercuts even though they're not hitting anything but air.
-Sagat is missing the sound of the tiger roaring in all of his moves. It's the sound that's been with him since SF2.
-This isn't just for Sagat but a lot of the characters have an annoying type of hyper where the hyper HAS to connect on the first hit or else the character won't do the rest of the hyper. Like all of Sagat's hypers besides his Tiger Shot hyper. He won't do the whole Tiger Genocide for example unless the first hit connects. 3 of Dee Jay's hypers too besides his Slash Hyper. And this isn't just for Sagat or Dee Jay this is for a lot of characters. Wtf is up with that? Just let them do the whole hyper even if the first hit doesn't connect. That's how they do it in the regular games. You don't see Akuma in MvC2 stopping in the middle of his Shoryureppa hyper just because the first uppercut didn't connect.
-Just animation issues in general. A lot of the animations don't look fluid at all. Look at rolento for instance and compare him with Tenshin's Rolento. There are missing sprites that stop the animation from looking fluid, when there shouldn't be since you guys have all of the sprite rips. Either that or the ticks need readjustments. Use an emulator like Kawaks to give the animations the proper amount of ticks because either some animations are too slow or some are super fast. Look at H's Blanka for instance. H's Blanka's rolling attack is actually FASTER than Acey's and it looks more fluid too. The electric attack looks more fluid as well.
-Why are some characters using CvS sounds like Balrog and Sagat when this is MvC2 style?
-Sentry's scream explosion for some reason sometimes keeps repeating itself over and over again forever and there's no way to stop it.
-Rolento gets stuck after his Patriot Finalizer hyper if the opponent blocks it. Also his patriot twirl works nothing like how it does in Alpha. It's actually worse since you can't use the same punch button to do the combo. You have to do LP to MP to HP. Plus it just looks unfluid and messy in general.
-A lot of characters are missing sounds/voices. I know this is purely for presentation, but it makes the character look more professional. For example Rolento doesn't have his voice when he does his Patriot Twirl. Some of the characters that do have voices have bad quality voices. Green Goblin's previous voice was much better since it actually sounded like him. This new guy sounds like some British dude when Green Goblin is American. Ice Man (the robot's) voice is still horrible even though he's been out for so long. And the music itself for a lot of the stages is bad. Some of them sound like they were taken out of an 80s music video or something.
-T.Hawk only bounces off the opponent 33% of the time when he does his Diving Hawk. He should also slide if he hits the ground. He also needs a 360 or at least 180 hyper like he had in SFA3.
-The Punisher. He needs MAJOR work. He shouldn't have been included in the game if he's still in such an alpha phase.
Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:02:42 pm by Lord Vader
#15  January 05, 2009, 09:05:15 pm
  • X is for Xtreme
    • Netherlands
    • Geocities.jp
Good idea O ilu to post it here.
People here can give very good feedback.

It doesnt matter how small the feedback/bug will be, it helps to improve the project.
Me and ilu will post them directly to the other staff members at IMT
where there is a will,there is a way。
Sounds like you're just jealous that Duke Nukem has a bigger dick and gets ALL the bitches.
#16  January 05, 2009, 10:21:32 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Well I am a member of  IMT and I can tell you for the MVC:EOH bug thread isn't all or mostly "OMFG BEST GAME EVAR!" Infact 90% of the 9 page thread are people reporting bugs. Most people I notice who post bugs who got banned has had past problems with the IMT mods or they mentioned the bugs with crap like "Wtf is this crap, the character does WAAAY too much damage. Man this character sucks!" and/or bad mouth Kong at IMT and/or on other forums. While I don't agree with the mod away from your home forum modding, but I understand it IF you have a forum title/status.  I mean alot of IMT members do give alot of YEA! GOOD JOB! posts in many of the release threads, but there are a few sprinkle posts of feedback those people were not banned. Just because Kong himself doesn't do the updates that most here would like, that doesn't mean that Acey and the other members of the team won't take proper feedback and try to fix the bugs with the characters and stages. Just give feedback here and O Ilusionista  will post it up, which he has done so far.
#17  January 05, 2009, 11:08:22 pm
Thank you O'Illusionista but could you mind reposting mine if you've already posted it because I modified it a bit.
#18  January 06, 2009, 12:21:38 am
  • ITS MORPHING TIME!!!
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • http://www.mediafire.com/?qt39a5kvdd0a5,sf1v19c639n01,e3ctsei5sid20,5i0jjcjri7zvl,g2led8bz1uj54,47gwixx3kw399,ytydyqlxfd7b4
I played this new version. At first it was okay, but then when i got into it i found that some of the characters had some weird bugs during their Air Combos and some didn't match the game mainly the graphics. The cross of CVS and MVC graphics don't match there gameplay, i know some of you might say the same to me but i explained why i did that and thats why my characters are going to be labeled MVCR meaning Marvel vs. Capcom Remixed, which is a crossover of all the versus series out there...MVC, CVS, SVC, TVC, MKVDC...etc.

Well on a side note i made my characters coding open source so if they like there welcome to use it for their characters, because most people say that my character basics are pretty good for MVC style. 
#19  January 06, 2009, 01:59:56 am
  • Green Knight LVL 94
To make the matter quite clear, yes, we want feedback. If you find stuff broken, say so. If you see that it can be improved, say so. But by all means, please, let's keep this on topic.

O Ilu posted this here because he's absolutely right, it needs work, hence why it's still beta. We don't want another IMT Hate thread.

\\\"Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music.\\\" - Titanium-Gecko
#20  January 06, 2009, 02:01:42 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
still needs part 1 for us to be able to download it.