Re: Street Fighter V
#11183  August 07, 2019, 11:16:10 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#11184  August 07, 2019, 11:48:09 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Uhhh actually technically if you save up your fight money you don't even have to pay for SFV characters, meaning SF4's paid upgrades were worse and capcom learned from their previous decisions! :impressed:
#11185  August 07, 2019, 03:30:21 pm
Its called greed: make an incomplete game, then sell the missing pieces later.
Yeah, they should work on the game for 15 years to make the entire Street Fighter cast in a single game in a period of time where the company is notoriously running out of money to even stay open, and then sell that once for a base price.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11186  August 07, 2019, 03:51:18 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I'm not particulary very fond on how things work nowadays, but you just can't release a game with bazillion characters like before, developing a game has increase in complexity.
And lol at that "greed" argument, I can assure every single commercially released game wants to make money, you wouldn't work for free.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#11187  August 07, 2019, 04:13:07 pm
snk did.

but yeah i get your point , i just don't like day one DLC , if there's one in a game it's a sure turn off for me. i'd just wait for a steam sale.
#11188  August 07, 2019, 04:48:49 pm
    • Brazil
I'm not particulary very fond on how things work nowadays, but you just can't release a game with bazillion characters like before, developing a game has increase in complexity.
And lol at that "greed" argument, I can assure every single commercially released game wants to make money, you wouldn't work for free.
Yeah, thats why you pay for the game.
#11189  August 07, 2019, 05:48:03 pm
snk did.
They're getting flooded with Chinese money specifically to dig up the franchise from the grave, it was the only way this would even work (XIII didn't).

Yeah, thats why you pay for the game.
And after that they keep working on new things for the same game that they didn't make when they released the game, so you keep paying for that new content so these people can keep having a job. If you want it, anyway.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11190  August 07, 2019, 06:33:54 pm
    • Brazil
Or they could have the decency of releasing a game with actual content instead of making a half-assed shit with nothing more than a Versus mode. Don't give me that bullshit of "paying up for new content", because other games, like MK11, despite all its flaws, at least felt complete when released and it is giving us more content afterwards. Keep your eyes closed to the problem if you wish, but Street Fighter V's release was moved by greed and nothing else. I don't even know why is it necessary to have this conversation, as the Arcade Edition dealt with that problem already, there is no need for you to go white knight for it.
#11191  August 07, 2019, 06:55:36 pm
Capcom was notoriously in serious financial troubles when they got sf5 out, Monster Hunter was the only thing that was working out for them anymore. They wouldn't even have made it if Sony hadn't bankrolled the game with the exclusivity. You don't know what you're talking about.
#11192  August 07, 2019, 07:21:23 pm
    • Brazil
Capcom was notoriously in serious financial troubles when they got sf5 out, Monster Hunter was the only thing that was working out for them anymore. They wouldn't even have made it if Sony hadn't bankrolled the game with the exclusivity. You don't know what you're talking about.
Yeah, SNK was fucked too and they didn't hide behind that stupid excuse.
#11193  August 07, 2019, 07:48:33 pm
SNK was dead and another company bought them and bankrolled them for the hell of it. Sony wasn't reviving a dead franchise, they wanted the exclusive of a strong name, they didn't flood them with cash the way Leyou did SNK, they gave them enough to start a long term lucrative project. If anything, the greed is on Sony's side, but even then, that was completely fair of them. Calm the fuck down already with your hate boner.
Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 07:53:04 pm by Byakko
#11194  August 07, 2019, 09:10:11 pm
    • Brazil
Defend it as you wish, its your choice to be a white knight for a multibillionaire company that doesn't care about you.
#11195  August 07, 2019, 09:19:51 pm
Capcom wasn't a multibillionaire company in 2016, they were in the red. Why can't you read.
#11196  August 07, 2019, 09:31:42 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
Lol
No company in the world cares about anything but the money.
Shareholders meetings aint talking about a guy in Brazil who is upset but about this quarter revenew, stop your nonsense
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#11197  August 07, 2019, 09:50:12 pm
they earned 26 billion dollars in digital sales alone in 2015 so i doubt it.  they were aiming for that 2013/2014 record they had. what did they released in 2013 anyway? ultra street fighter?

i understand that they want to make billions but i mean come on day one dlc. that's just stupid.
#11198  August 07, 2019, 10:01:12 pm
they earned 26 billion dollars in digital sales alone in 2015 so i doubt it.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e160509b.html Those are millions of yens, not dollars. And like I said, that was mostly Monster Hunter, and a few million units across 3 titles doesn't make billions of dollars.

i understand that they want to make billions but i mean come on day one dlc. that's just stupid.
What are you talking about since earlier ? This is SF5. What day 1 DLC did sf5 have ?
#11199  August 11, 2019, 03:18:31 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
What idiot actually thinks all these characters they release years after the game was released were all developed during the game itself was developed and they were just holding them back?
#11200  August 11, 2019, 05:24:40 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
Pick one from this thread.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand