YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1693938 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (Dhalsim by Knuckles8864) Rowen's PotS/Infinite Edits
#1061  June 22, 2021, 12:12:15 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I guess that's that then. Sorry about that.
It's all right. Thank you for still fixing it on Terry despite you saying no update plans. Had K' not shared that same issue, I would not have mentioned it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1062  June 22, 2021, 12:43:27 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India

It's Explodsive. Maybe I'll try updating it to something from newer characters or updates that utilize it like Jmm's Ken.

That'll be awesome, cuz as it stands his teleport and demon flips are a pain to execute without the supers coming out. I personally have gotten very accustomed to your edit and really don't wanna revert to older versions. Fixing this issue would make it flawless.
#1063  June 22, 2021, 01:00:02 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

This DP over Senkuu thing might just be an Ikemen issue. I booted up Normal Akuma where Senkuu is 3P/3K and I've had DPs with some attempts. This wasn't an issue in normal Mugen.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1064  June 22, 2021, 01:59:56 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
I don't use ikemen though. I use mugen 1.1
#1065  June 22, 2021, 03:41:51 pm
    • UK

Akuma updated with the buffering system (In the Mega folder). The DP detector was noticeably different with the update, so let me know if it works.
WIP Schedule:
#1066  June 22, 2021, 05:03:05 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
I think its better. Feels smoother. Haven't had any supers coming out unexpectedly.
#1067  June 22, 2021, 05:07:23 pm
    • UK

I think its better. Feels smoother. Haven't had any supers coming out unexpectedly.

That's nice to hear.
I have another quickie on the way today or tomorrow. It's small but I'll work.
WIP Schedule:
#1068  June 22, 2021, 05:33:19 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
(Multi-Color Hitsparks for Jmorphman's Ken) Rowen's PotS/Infinite Edits
#1069  June 22, 2021, 06:19:08 pm
    • UK

The quickie is a Hitspark patch for Ken by Jmorphman.
Notes about it are in the first post.

If there's issues, let me know.
WIP Schedule:
#1070  June 22, 2021, 07:51:26 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Man, I don't believe, you maked this VERY fast!

You helped me again, thanks friend!
#1071  June 22, 2021, 08:11:52 pm
    • UK

Man, I don't believe, you maked this VERY fast!

You helped me again, thanks friend!

It's not too difficult. The procedure consists of adding/replacing the spites and anims alongside the helpers.
WIP Schedule:
#1072  June 22, 2021, 08:24:52 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I think the issue with the Vans/Explodsive buffering has to do with the way it handles Negative Edges. DW's updated characters had this issue for me as well until I commented out the NE coding for it. I don't NE at all so it's not a loss for me, but that's my experience with it.
#1073  June 22, 2021, 10:58:33 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Hello, I wanted to mention to you that this issue happens to me many times as well. It's mostly MUGEN's fault. MUGEN does not handle any double or triple presses very well. I forgot the logistics behind the bug, but it's buggy and increases the chance of only processing your Ashura Senkuu as a regular DP. I know exactly what you mean on this.

Many times I'm in an online match, and I try to do the teleport, but I accidentally do a DP and end up getting killed. It sucks, and it is annoying.

That Akuma that you are referring to, does it use Vans' deep buffering command system? Or any of its derivatives, such as Explodsive? I believe the most updated deep buffering system from Vans & JZ has fixed this issue. I dont quite remember if Explodsive fixed double press issues.
The EXPLODsive Buffering System is not, in any way, shape, or form derivative of any prior alternate command buffer system. We used no code but our own.

Also not really sure what this "douple/triple press issue" is.
#1074  June 23, 2021, 01:02:41 am
    • USA
Sorry, I didnt know that. I thought explodsive was based on Vans' Deep buffering, IIRC Vans' command buffer was firstly discovered right? I could've sworn it was somewhat related or based on Vans' system. I know they operate somewhat differently but similarly, so one would naturally think one was based on another's solution or logic theory. Idk

What I do know, is that 2p or 2k is handled pretty bad for Mugen by default. I'm not sure if explodsive addressed this or not, but I remember sometime last year it was fixed with JZ kamekaze and TTTTsd.

Now my experience with Ashura Senkuu not working properly has been an issue with mugen's default buffer, I have not tested with explodsive. It appears maybe the newer update of Explodsive that -RR- used has fixed the issue, although the issue YogaCurry was having prior was with explodsive (probably old version?)

I think the issue with the Vans/Explodsive buffering has to do with the way it handles Negative Edges. DW's updated characters had this issue for me as well until I commented out the NE coding for it. I don't NE at all so it's not a loss for me, but that's my experience with it.

Idk if you ever played CvS2, but that game has a lot of negative edge. Are you saying you don't want negative edge at all? because it's somewhat supposed to be there depending on various titles. Or did you disable it because it did not seem accurate to a source game? Just asking, because another friend of mine complained about negative edge until I told him it's supposed to be there.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 01:06:15 am by extravagant
#1075  June 23, 2021, 01:19:49 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Sorry, I didnt know that. I thought explodsive was based on Vans' Deep buffering, IIRC Vans' command buffer was firstly discovered right? I could've sworn it was somewhat related or based on Vans' system. I know they operate somewhat differently but similarly, so one would naturally think one was based on another's solution or logic theory. Idk
A buffering system wouldn't really be "discovered", it would be invented. And indeed, Vans was the first person to create an alternative to MUGEN's default one.

What I do know, is that 2p or 2k is handled pretty bad for Mugen by default. I'm not sure if explodsive addressed this or not, but I remember sometime last year it was fixed with JZ kamekaze and TTTTsd.
Theoretically someone could use only the directional input explods and keep using MUGEN's default command system, but otherwise, a proper implementation of EXPLODsive Buffering would not run into that issue.

I am not certain how 2p/2k being bugged would result in a F, D, DF input would result in a QCFx2 command. Perhaps it's instead a matter of ChangeState priority in -1.
#1076  June 23, 2021, 10:09:20 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000

Idk if you ever played CvS2, but that game has a lot of negative edge. Are you saying you don't want negative edge at all? because it's somewhat supposed to be there depending on various titles. Or did you disable it because it did not seem accurate to a source game? Just asking, because another friend of mine complained about negative edge until I told him it's supposed to be there.

No, I know it's supposed to be there, but when I was playing DW's characters it was specifically how the Negative Edge was being read or something was messing with how inputs were working. For example, I would be playing Rock, jump-in heavy kick, crouching light punch into light kick into Hard Edge, but I would always get Evac Toss instead because the system was still registering the up and forward inputs even though I let go of those buttons by that point. I commented the NE code line out in the CMD and I don't have that issue anymore. I was just saying that since I don't use Negative Edges when I play, them not being accessible isn't really an issue for me, personally. I have no problem with them as a mechanic, I just don't go for them lol
#1077  June 24, 2021, 04:38:20 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
#1078  June 24, 2021, 07:20:05 am
    • UK

WIP Schedule:
Re: (M. Bison by Froz) Rowen's PotS/Infinite Edits
#1079  June 24, 2021, 07:26:39 pm
    • Netherlands
Small Axel update.
June 20th 2021:
- Added a couple of SOR4 voice clips.
- Fixed the usage of EX Moves in Custom Combo by the AI.

I'd add more voices, mainly the grunts and KO sound, but the extracted sounds (Using a tool by PauloManrique if you're interested or wanna help) aren't organized and it was already exhausting looking for the two I used.
I'll be a pain looking for all of his attack and hurt sounds without accidentally using sounds from other chars.

Check your DM's :)
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#1080  June 25, 2021, 03:33:33 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Yes. This has since been patched out thanks to juggle limits and less y.velocity on launch.

Ah, alright then.
I just wanted to double check before hand because
i couldn't remember if it was fixed or not.