YesNoOk

LUA coding in mugen (Read 1745 times)

Started by buddah lokz, March 27, 2020, 10:57:25 pm
Share this topic:
LUA coding in mugen
#1  March 27, 2020, 10:57:25 pm
  • yessirski
    • USA
Due to the covid break been looking back into some mugen projects. I was looking at the files in mugen 1.1b,I know mugen coding in general and i know the limits we currently face ( unlock character system, proper animated portraits, animated stage preview, extra game modes, proper character transform).

In the data folder, i noticed 7 lua files only presen on mugen 1.1, the most interesting being the "vector" file. I remember reading lua was incompatible with mugen. Anybody know more on this topic?
Re: LUA coding in mugen
#2  March 28, 2020, 08:13:19 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
A lot of people have tried to edit the lua files myself included, they are really not much that can be done with them.
There are a open source project that tries to replicate Mugen and adds features called Ikemen GO, although it run resources up to Mugen 1.1 it still has not perfect compatibility.

Also there there is Mugenhook, that hooks to MUGEN and adds features to Mugen like animated portraits.
Check it at https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugenhook-upgrade-your-m-u-g-e-n-187885.0.html
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Re: LUA coding in mugen
New #3  March 28, 2020, 09:51:47 pm
  • yessirski
    • USA
Thanks, ive tried ikeman a long time before maybee ill check it out again. Ive been trying to get mugenhook to work but when i download it imssing the ini file. ill message you about it. The fact it could have mugen using a .bat file brings so much possibilities, which was my oringial plan with LUA

Edit: i cant send messages cause this is my new account gotta love mfg lol
Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:56:17 pm by buddah lokz