YesNoOk

I need help with RGB Sprites Effects (Read 1144 times)

Started by Spawn2872, October 31, 2020, 08:11:01 am
Share this topic:
I need help with RGB Sprites Effects
#1  October 31, 2020, 08:11:01 am
    • Venezuela
Good morning, I would like to know if anyone in this forum has knowledge of whether it is possible to fully index an RGB image (sprite of an effect in this particular case) and make it PCX (indexed) without losing its quality or having to put a black background on it. to the indexed image so that the transparency effect is not lost.

The reason why this question arises is because lately I am in the task of porting the naruto characters of the original creator "Om hy" from Opengl to Directx and although I have successfully managed to do it with 3 of his characters I have I ran into a wall in question of effects when I got to Gaara due to the sand effects which are many xD and for the same reason I ask for the help of someone who has enough experience with photoshop (tool with which I work but I do not have much experience by itself) to see if this is possible ..
Re: I need help with RGB Sprites Effects
#2  November 01, 2020, 10:30:24 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So if you're trying to reduce a 1.1 effect to a 1.0 effect, it's not going to happen. You'll have to apply a black background and use addition. Some effects wont be as good as 1.1.
If you don't care if the character is only 1.1 you should be able to just import the image, then save the sff as 1.1.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv