YesNoOk

Rastan beta (Read 15706 times)

Started by xxxXx, March 28, 2021, 06:57:21 pm
Share this topic:
Rastan beta
#1  March 28, 2021, 06:57:21 pm
Hi people,

I've managed to push my Rastan WIP to beta.

This char comes from a series of games by Taito. His sprites come from the third (last I think) entry in the series - Warrior Blade. They were originally ripped by Dxwho and are on this forum. As usually I had to create a ton of new ones and rip some more myself.

get him here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkYmbwMdA059yCiK7XBT6WqOE_Kgr5e3/view?usp=sharing

As usually I'd be grateful for feedback and in the meantime will try to make him a stage

best and stay safe!
Re: Rastan beta
#2  March 28, 2021, 10:56:57 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
yes ! time to test!
#3  March 29, 2021, 09:52:26 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Hell yeah! I love Rastan! :yuno:
#4  March 29, 2021, 10:15:30 pm
    • Brazil
First thing I noticed is that many of his attacks, normals and specials will miss if he is too close. There is a super in which he dashes to the enemy and misses the hit because he gets too close.
#5  April 11, 2021, 01:24:57 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Nice char. Thanks.
#6  April 13, 2021, 07:05:18 pm
  • Why,
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#7  May 05, 2021, 08:48:32 am
Hi all!

a small update. Rastan gets an intro based on his third game (original link updated). If anyone has an idea for his ending I'll be grateful.

First thing I noticed is that many of his attacks, normals and specials will miss if he is too close. There is a super in which he dashes to the enemy and misses the hit because he gets too close.

The thing is I wanted only his sword to connect. If his hands hit it would be odd to register an attack.
#8  May 31, 2021, 04:51:11 am
    • Brazil
The thing is I wanted only his sword to connect. If his hands hit it would be odd to register an attack.
Look, dude, even if you were to try using this as a logic, hands can hurt people, so it still makes no sense. Also, this is fighting game, not Dark Souls, if you want a character to have a ranged advantage, you should make him ranged, not punish him for being too close, specially in the super, like, he literally dashes to the enemy and misses because he is too close, there is no logic in that.
#9  May 31, 2021, 07:40:13 am
  • For the Murder!
is his character tho...
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#10  June 01, 2021, 02:15:23 am
  • ¡Good!
¡GREAT!.  ;)
#11  June 01, 2021, 08:16:20 pm
    • USA
is his character tho...

Then again, it does cause a move to fail when it connects, so... I suggest, even if the decision to not make the hands hurt enemies is set, that this super would be an exception due to the way it is designed. Or have him start the super earlier, so he doesn't have to make his hands touch his foe to register the super.
#12  June 02, 2021, 01:01:41 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
    is his character tho...

Then again, it does cause a move to fail when it connects, so... I suggest, even if the decision to not make the hands hurt enemies is set, that this super would be an exception due to the way it is designed. Or have him start the super earlier, so he doesn't have to make his hands touch his foe to register the super.

To reiterate this with Training by stupa (With KFM CLSNs) why it's important to have red hit boxes cover the hand as well
    also some other feedback

• F,F, x while limited by the juggle points it is still a 100% combo
    • Since this is based off of SvC Athena, it still has her commands in the CMD making it hard to know the moves offhand
    • It still retains the auto max mode without displaying it as well as not having it though I'm assuming this is because it's a beta
    • QCB, x special, the second swing shouldn't be unblockable as well IMO since it does make it hard to escape unless you can jump then whiff punish quickly
    • IMO the sword should have some more priority with the red hitbox though the blue on the sword does look deliberate for whiff punishes
    • QCB, y special when it connects should put more stun on the opponent since the auto pursuit attack can miss an opponent that recovers fast enough
    [/list]
    Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 01:10:08 am by Amidweiz
    #13  June 02, 2021, 04:29:45 pm
    Thanks for the feedback, will try to implement it asap. I'll be out for some time, but an updated version should land in late June.

I'm kinda convinced his arms should have a hitbox. Will add it in the next version and we'll see how it comes out.

Best!
    #14  June 05, 2021, 01:06:41 pm
    • A.K.A. NED
    • I like to draw fighting game characters...
    I want to post one more message to say I glad to see how you improved this character from the source game.
    I remember we talked about it before, but any plan to work on other characters from this game ? The girl was pretty good and had a good diversity of animations if I remember well.
    #15  June 05, 2021, 09:14:51 pm
    • I can take'em out with my fists
    I've had only one issue with this character so far. I have him in ikemen I have a 3v3 character simult match if this character is the third character he will be invisible. Other than that he's coming along as a good solid character.
    #16  October 08, 2021, 11:33:34 am