YesNoOk

MugenHook - upgrade your M.U.G.E.N! (Read 1440883 times)

Started by ermaccer, September 20, 2019, 03:01:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MugenHook - upgrade your M.U.G.E.N!
#101  September 27, 2019, 06:07:31 pm
Has select sounds been added?
#102  September 27, 2019, 06:09:29 pm
  • Raging Fist
yes it has. Gotta add them yourself within the screenpack sound file but it's there.
#103  September 27, 2019, 06:12:20 pm
For the character select announcers voice?
#104  September 27, 2019, 06:26:04 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
yea it's a thing already, koop :)
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#105  September 28, 2019, 05:14:14 am
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
Oh, yikes, only learned about this today. Shame it's kinda 1.1b exclusive, a thing I was working on was for 1.0.

Is there anything planned for character-specific arcade routes in the future?
#106  September 28, 2019, 11:23:48 am
  • Why,
Oh, yikes, only learned about this today. Shame it's kinda 1.1b exclusive, a thing I was working on was for 1.0.
Is there anything planned for character-specific arcade routes in the future?
Well... that+s are need "bat" file everyone think and select every one... better at just one select file...

Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#107  September 28, 2019, 12:13:51 pm
Kinda need help with the announcer, I want to add a char quote from the char SND file, what is the option I need to enable in the hook ?

Because I only use custom ports, I would like to just enable the announcer voice but use char win quotes on selection.

Is there a way to randomize it as well  ? like having 3 samples for 1 char ?
#108  September 28, 2019, 01:27:34 pm
    • Brazil
    • concurseiro190@gmail.com
Its possible with mugenhook  add ilimited stages pictures in playerselect? Because the method used
Is limited in 70 stages.
#109  September 29, 2019, 01:52:55 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
This is a really cool idea, I've always wanted custom select sounds  ;D

Unfortunately it crashes my mugen when loading the select screen.  I did some testing and it seems to be caused by the number of cells on the select screen.  You can test it using the default mugen1 screenpack, just make the following change:
Code:
rows = 8
columns = 60
This causes it to crash, whereas setting rows = 7 works fine.  It's nothing to do with any characters, it happens no matter what characters I have on the select screen.

Kinda need help with the announcer, I want to add a char quote from the char SND file, what is the option I need to enable in the hook ?

Because I only use custom ports, I would like to just enable the announcer voice but use char win quotes on selection.

Is there a way to randomize it as well  ? like having 3 samples for 1 char ?
It doesn't work this way unfortunately, it can't read from the character's SND.  Instead you have to add each sound to the system.snd of the screenpack, then update soundAnn.dat to set the sound for each X,Y co-ordinate on the select screen (so if you move a character you have to update this file accordingly).  I assume it's this way because Mugen is only designed to read select screen sounds from system.def, and can't be forced to look elsewhere.
#110  September 30, 2019, 05:17:21 am
  • Participate, be a part.
how do you add the animation for the select? Im using EVE screenpack by DJ-VAN but I see no changes even when enabling it in the config file. anyways is it possible to add a 4-player 4 human controller feature like featured in Ikemen and Ikemen GO?

Looks very promising and has potential.
#111  October 01, 2019, 06:49:21 pm
    • Honduras

MugenHook is an opensource project aimed to add features to the M.U.G.E.N engine (1.1 only). It is programmed in C++ (well, mostly) with assembly bits. Most of currently added features are from Mortal Kombat games (cause I like them), though I do accept suggestions and/or feature requests.
It is under constant development, so expect updates often.

Current major features:
  • Animated portraits/stances on select screen - You can say goodbye to cursor tricks!
  • Animations upon selection - Make your character perfom an animation (eg. win) upon selection.
  • Cell based sounds - Assign different selection sound for every character in your roster (useful for announcers).
  • Hardcoded strings modification - Rename Simul/Single/Turns or customize your button names without hex editor or font tricks.
  • Disable game modes - Don't like a particular game mode in your fullgame? Simply disable it!
  • 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 - Spice things up with one switch, no seperate executables required!
There's also some minor ones like random stage select sound.
Help: https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook/wiki
Download:https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook/releases
Source:https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook

Please report bugs here if possible: https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook/issues

Preview:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/d2m0uE8lkb4[/youtube]

Hey,

you should add a feature in team modes to let players only choose a character one time,

Jesus loves you
#112  October 03, 2019, 01:41:01 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
How long will this take to catch on?
#113  October 04, 2019, 12:39:37 am
This looks really interesting but can a 4v4 player only control be possible ?
#114  October 04, 2019, 05:05:19 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Quick question regarding MugenHook, can .zip files work too for this? I'm trying to keep the size to a minimum. Also, when I went to test it, when I select any game mode, it closes without error.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:22:15 am by DarkWolf13
#115  October 04, 2019, 06:33:14 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Also, when I went to test it, when I select any game mode, it closes without error.
This sounds like what I was talking about above.  See if reducing the number of rows/columns makes a difference (obviously that's not a solution but it would show it's the same problem)
#116  October 15, 2019, 10:28:25 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

This may've already been asked but is it possible to have a Simul character limit selector like Turns.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#117  October 17, 2019, 06:01:45 am
  • Participate, be a part.
#118  October 17, 2019, 09:00:47 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

That's not the sorta answer I wanted.
I'd do so if it were more reliable, Go Plus has still got issues pointed out in its threads.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#119  October 17, 2019, 09:56:53 am
This is very nice tool!

Is it possible to just show big portrait rather than animation? I just want to enable the selection sounds.
I also want to suggest; in simul/turns mode, show partner's portrait in vs/winquote screen?

lui

#120  October 17, 2019, 10:40:22 am
    • USA
How do I disable the ai for p3 and p4? I use a tag team feature for my build and I would like to use it without relying on a 3rd party launcher or a .bat script

Also is it possible to have the cursor automatically only go to simul if you hide both single and turns? I know that you can hide them by default but if you press a button without pressing down you automatically pick single which breaks my build.
Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:49:52 am by lui