YesNoOk

CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Hikaru Otagi Joined Into The Game - 20 June 2021! (Read 1010260 times)

Started by yudhiyou, April 13, 2017, 03:29:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 13 October 2018
#61  October 13, 2018, 12:14:09 pm
    • Indonesia
My problems with the EX moves:
- The majority of them only do around the same amount of damage as the average Special Move.
- Kuroko's Power Geyser's 3rd Geyser doesn't hit the opponent.

Also now that I think about it, the HD Remix stages don't work well with the CVS sprites. Why not add stages from the original CVS games?
Stages from CVS1/Pro would be a nice addition.

- Not all characters have EX special moves. Only some of the characters have EX special move like Ryu, King, Serious Mr.Karate, and Kuroko and all of the EX special have special property and more of course more damage than normal special move. For example: fire hadoken, double venom strike, haou sokouken, triple power geyser, yoga inferno, etc.
- third geyser of Kuroko's power geyser will hit on corner. That is intended.
- Why I am not using CVS stages because it is intended to make pure Street Fighter and consistency gameplay system because they were created by one person which was Parse who created them. The problem with CVS stages is until now I haven't found any stages which are created by one person for consistency. Yes, I recognise that the detail is not matched with character's sprite.
Btw I will consider of your suggestion for using CVS stages on future update.
#62  October 13, 2018, 12:16:17 pm
    • Indonesia
My problems with the EX moves:
- The majority of them only do around the same amount of damage as the average Special Move.
- Kuroko's Power Geyser's 3rd Geyser doesn't hit the opponent.

Also now that I think about it, the HD Remix stages don't work well with the CVS sprites. Why not add stages from the original CVS games?
Stages from CVS1/Pro would be a nice addition.

Think the stages from CVS2 especially will lag on those without decently powered devices due to having mostly 3D models.

I know for sure because I'm using a notebook laptop (still had my PC at the time I gotten it) to play Mugen on these days and detailed stages causes slowdown.

Yes, that was also the cause why I am not using CVS stages because some of them lags and created multiple different creators.
#63  October 13, 2018, 12:50:21 pm
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
I also need your thoughts on the removing the Tech Bonus pop-up because I assume you missed my edit.
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 19 October 2018
#64  October 19, 2018, 04:59:22 am
    • Indonesia
Reuploaded...

- New counter special grab attack for Todo! Command is HCB+K.
- Add destroy projectile property on Haohmaru, Hotaru, and Sieger special attack.
- Update command move for Haohmaru and Geese.
- Fix Rose's dizzy animation.
Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:49:33 pm by yudhiyou
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 20 October 2018
#65  October 20, 2018, 07:46:30 am
    • Indonesia
Reuploaded...

- Fix tech throw on Rose, T.Hawk, and Sean.
- Update cpu combo attack on Todo
- Add cpu pick-up knife on Cody
- Fix guarded KO animation on Rose
#66  October 20, 2018, 08:30:52 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Do you plan to fix the clsns to be more accurate to CVS. Some of these characters have very shoddy clsn work. You can definitely tell when it's work by JZ or warusaki and when its not. There is a lack of consistency.

Also considering the size of this download, I suggest releasing patches rather than reuploading the whole thing with small fixes.
#67  October 20, 2018, 10:27:20 am
    • Indonesia
Do you plan to fix the clsns to be more accurate to CVS. Some of these characters have very shoddy clsn work. You can definitely tell when it's work by JZ or warusaki and when its not. There is a lack of consistency.

Also considering the size of this download, I suggest releasing patches rather than reuploading the whole thing with small fixes.

I really hope so can standardize the clns but I am not sure from where I can start because I am still lack of knowledge about it.

OK, I will include the patch on the next update.
#68  October 20, 2018, 03:11:19 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I'm pretty sure there are lua scripts for a CVS2 hitbox viewer. From there you can actually just trace over them and align as necessary. Or you can approximate if you want.

For characters that aren't in the game, you'll have to do some approximation based on similar attacks from other characters and the general design philosophy behind the clsns. Remember that functionality trumps realism. You don't need boxes covering everything. The boxes just need to get the job the attack intends done, in a balanced manner.
#69  October 20, 2018, 05:03:46 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Hey I'm just thinking it would be cool a capcom fighting jam version of my cvs takuma and then add him in the game. What do you think about?
#70  October 20, 2018, 05:40:23 pm
    • Indonesia
Hey I'm just thinking it would be cool a capcom fighting jam version of my cvs takuma and then add him in the game. What do you think about?
I have tried your cvs Takuma but it still has bugs like can't jump over his opponent. That is why I am using Gigahertz's cvs Takuma.
#71  October 20, 2018, 06:40:55 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
You an use the sff only ( i just added midnight bliss sprites) and you will add the capcom fighting jam sparks, then it's clear that you should remake all the coding part and cns as well.
#72  October 20, 2018, 06:57:05 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

#73  October 21, 2018, 12:46:33 am
    • Indonesia
So does it mean that I need to check and standardize all characters hitbox animation on air file, right?
Sorry guys, I am still blind on this clsn issue.
#74  October 21, 2018, 12:50:17 am
    • Indonesia
#75  October 21, 2018, 01:03:43 am
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
#76  October 21, 2018, 01:20:47 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
So does it mean that I need to check and standardize all characters hitbox animation on air file, right?
Sorry guys, I am still blind on this clsn issue.
Yes, that would be ideal.
It would probably be easier to just check on the characters that were already in the game first. Warusaki and JZ imo did the best job of making their characters source accurate but the others probably need work. From what I saw, quite a few characters do.
Characters not in CVS2 like Zero definitely need work.
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 25 October 2018
#77  October 25, 2018, 04:55:59 am
    • Indonesia
Reuploaded...

- Fix Todo's counter special move.
- Update cpu ai on J.Talbain, Balrog, and Deejay.

If you don't want to redownload entire files, there has been already patch update for it.
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 26 October 2018
#78  October 26, 2018, 08:50:33 am
    • Indonesia
Reuploaded...

- Update and fix normal move on Necro, Sean, Remy, and Silver.
- Update Necro's snake fang and Sean's tacle special move to be blockable on low.
- Fix poweradd on Todo's counter special move
- Fix Necro's back throw facing.

If you don't want to redownload the main file, there is update patch for it.
* If you were missed the last update then you need to redownload the main file.
Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:39:41 am by yudhiyou
#79  October 26, 2018, 09:20:59 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
thanks for releasing patches

what do you mean by updating/fixing normals, vbtw?
#80  October 26, 2018, 09:31:20 am
    • Indonesia
thanks for releasing patches

what do you mean by updating/fixing normals, vbtw?
Matching normal attack hitdef like their origin game Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. For example Necro and Remy upper cut normal now will fall up the opponent like 3rd Strike. Necro's elbow attack now fall back the opponent like 3rd Strike. Necro crouching high punch now hit low.
Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:41:26 am by yudhiyou