Random Topic V10 (Read 1866927 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#61  July 11, 2016, 09:50:42 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
She's seen too many of those slaughter house videos. Statistics and logic can't do shit against videos of li'l piglets turning into bacon.

are you concerned for her or do you want to just give her a hard time?
The latter, she's becoming a preachy cunt. She isn't going full vegan, just vegetarian (she swore off milk, though). 

Also, my sister at least seems to have some understanding of a balanced diet. Unlike the the vegans in the story in your link she's been cooking stuff using broccoli, tomatos, rice, onions, avocados, shrooms and beans for the last few days.
#62  July 11, 2016, 10:15:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Preachyness is easy to solve, study a bit on vegetarianism and check how soy is harvested.

The way soy is harvested means that it has to be transported all over the world at such a fuel cost that it does more harm to the planet than whatever gain the vegetarians could hope to accomplish.

You can also just say "hashtag humblebrag" and "hashtag virtue signaling" everytime she starts preaching until she throws something at you
#63  July 12, 2016, 12:27:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico

Bea

#64  July 12, 2016, 12:57:54 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
She's seen too many of those slaughter house videos. Statistics and logic can't do shit against videos of li'l piglets turning into bacon.

are you concerned for her or do you want to just give her a hard time?
The latter, she's becoming a preachy cunt. She isn't going full vegan, just vegetarian (she swore off milk, though). 

Link her to this: http://theconversation.com/ordering-the-vegetarian-meal-theres-more-animal-blood-on-your-hands-4659
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#65  July 12, 2016, 02:00:23 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
That's a pretty good article, but it sadly couldn't change her mind a bit. She missed the forest fo the trees (that's only on Australia! Wow, we're killing mice, totally not the same as killing cows!).
#66  July 12, 2016, 02:03:25 am

yikes
#67  July 12, 2016, 04:03:14 am
  • ~~~ヾ(^∇^)
    • Argentina
    • darkgirl.mugenimperiolatino.com
My sister is going through her edgy vegetarian teenage phase. How do I poke fun at her besides calling her the world's fatest vegetarian?

Sorry for intruding here, but I don't see nothing wrong with that she wants to be vegetarian. If she is overweight, it will help her to slim down. Also this depends on your family financial budget to make an additional vegetarian food only for her. She can replace some nutrients from meats with others foodstuffs (not all the nutrients, if she was a child the vegetarian diet is contraindicated).
I think to be vegetarian is beneficial in certain respects (I'm not vegetarian). However, recent researchs suggest that eating meat is strongly related to the occurrence of intestinal diseases. But, as I always say, nowadays with the delinquency, crime and others, it's more likely to die from a shooting than die for bowel cancer caused by eat meat.

Bea

#68  July 12, 2016, 04:16:25 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Eating too much red meat tends to be bad. I only tend to eat it twice per week.
I much prefer the protein rich chicken meat, as it helps with my GAINS on my workouts!
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#69  July 12, 2016, 04:16:34 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I don't think he dislikes her being vegetarian but based on what he said earlier, he's mostly annoyed by her as she seems to be one of those preachy vegetarians that feel the need to constantly tell people how eating meat is bad and how much better they are for not eating it, it's not really her choice that annoys him but the attitude. My sister did the same thing and it annoyed all of us.
#70  July 12, 2016, 04:36:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I ahd a vegetarian friend as art of our close group of friends back in highschool and nobody minded him because he was nto preachy at all, the worse he would do was make funny faces when someone else ate meat.
#71  July 12, 2016, 05:17:57 am
Can't you just throw money at her? That's how I solve sibling problems.
#72  July 12, 2016, 05:20:28 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I dunno, would a vegetarian eat money before meat?
#73  July 12, 2016, 06:27:40 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com

And the award for "Most Unnecessary Awards Show" goes to...
#74  July 12, 2016, 07:02:42 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Remember when MTV aired Music?

Neither do I.
#75  July 12, 2016, 07:11:42 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
MTV used to be good back in the 90's, now they forgotten about music and moved to political agenda.
Lasagna
#76  July 12, 2016, 07:16:33 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

OZ

#77  July 12, 2016, 09:42:50 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
MTV used to be good back in the 90's, now they forgotten about music and moved to political agenda.

eh, they've always been a business
they just have a new demo now that's in to content that MTV can get for practically free

don't blame MTV for producing garbage, blame culture as a whole
ಠ_ಠ
#78  July 12, 2016, 09:47:20 am
#79  July 12, 2016, 02:25:45 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Spriting is harder than I thought.