YesNoOk

Various MvC-ish characters edited, other odds & ends (updated Feb-11th-24) (Read 171100 times)

Started by Swanky, January 20, 2021, 10:24:40 am
Share this topic:
Various MvC-ish characters edited, other odds & ends (updated Feb-11th-24)
#1  January 20, 2021, 10:24:40 am
So I was editing a couple of characters, originally for my own personal use, some edits started to get a bit out of hand. Originally I just wanted to update characters with a Hyper Combo Finish screen and maybe some AI, but soon after I started editing moves, frames and whatnot, and while I still debate on whether to upload basically whole characters as "edits", I still want to share some light AI updates for a few characters.

Note: I am not a coder. All original AI code was written by MystikBlaze. Also, contrary to real AI patchers these are not top of the line, they just don't do as much stupid anymore.

Disclaimer:
If you are an original creator of these characters and would like me to delete something, please contact me via DM / PM.

I *AM* aware that my edits have been uploaded to mega and other filehosters and are part of the collections over at MugenFreeForAll. This has been done without my consent and I cannot and will not confirm these are kept up to date. If these break your game, your computer or even your relationship I will not care.

Download
There are patches for the following characters included. For these to do any good, you will need to have the original characters.
Beast by GladiaCloud, MotorRoach, and Kenshiro99
Dormammu by GladiaCloud, AI patch by Vorse_Raidier (you need both)
Hal Jordan by Enzo, Buyog2099, Arque, and McCready
Jedah by VS Debuts
Jubilee by Gladiacloud, ShinZankuro & Kenshiro99
Karin by Beximus
Lei-Lei by VS Debuts
MechGouki by MystikBlaze
Megaman by DG
Morrigan by JJkoolaid (Note: Deprecated. Character has since been updated by JJkoolaid)
Psylocke by WhiteMagic2002
Rose by Beximus
Sagat by VS Debuts
Sasquatch by VS Debuts
Strong Guy by McCready, GokuSSJ4, Buyog2099 & DG (1.0 release)

Download full character edit releases
(full credits and changelist in their respective topics)
Black Widow
Captain Marvel
Etrigan
Lobo
Magneto
Mr. Sinister
Omega Red
Phoenix
Poison Ivy
Scarlet Witch
Zero

Detailed Changelist:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

...and last but not least, there's some portraits off of random pictures for some characters.
Portraits

Portraits

Screenshots

€ Fix for Mechgouki uploaded
€² Sasquatch and Morrigan added
Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 08:32:04 pm by Swanky
Re: Various MvC-ish characters edited, other odds & ends
#2  January 20, 2021, 10:47:02 am
  • Moving your life with greener pastures.
    • daedalus96@gmail.com
I've attempted put the hard version for Mech Gouki's folder, as i still have him throughout the years, but it still feels the same in terms of AI. Unsure that he feels any different at all.
I don't know if i'm doing it wrong or not, but he remains the same as always.
#3  January 20, 2021, 11:06:07 am
Did you update the .def file to use the hard version? Just double checked against VS Debuts Deadpool and he absolutely bodied him. However, your reply brings something to my attention, and that is that I've used the Mugen 1.0 AI activation method that is not reflected in the respective .def files. I will have to update the files. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:11:06 am by Swanky
#4  January 20, 2021, 11:14:58 am
  • Moving your life with greener pastures.
    • daedalus96@gmail.com
Did you update the .def file to use the hard version? Just double checked against VS Debuts Deadpool and he absolutely bodied him. However, your reply brings something to my attention, and that is that I've used the Mugen 1.0 AI activation method that is not reflected in the respective .def files. I will have to update the files. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It would probably mean that i placed the hard version in using def file to modify it to mechgouki_hard.cmd, to replace the original. However, after selecting him, it just crashes on me.
#5  January 20, 2021, 11:17:37 am
Yes, what I meant unfortunately, because the .def file does not recognize that the version has been updated. I've uploaded a fix (it's the same link), thanks for mentioning and sorry for the inconvenience.
#6  January 20, 2021, 02:55:20 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
darkwolf13 will be proud of your work swanky
#7  January 22, 2021, 05:11:36 pm
I've added patches for Sasquatch by VS Debuts & Morrigan by JJkoolaid.
Not sure where I want to go with Sasquatch, but Morrigan's hard AI setting is pretty vicious. Links in first post.
#8  January 23, 2021, 09:50:21 pm
Morrigan is a beast i love it any other character edits planned?
#9  January 24, 2021, 12:29:56 am
Thanks!

I've basically completed some more complete overhauls of the AvX Captain Marvel and Ramzaneko's Zero.
For Captain Marvel I have recoded parts of her bouncing system to be more consistent and allow for good combo variety, with both her sHP and jHP being used for ground / wall bounces. Her gameplay went from generic to very exciting by doing this, although I had to implement more complete and thorough measures when it comes to dmg balance. She now also knows how to Push Block and Counter (pretty nasty one by that as it sets up a wall bounce).
Zero is basically a MvC-ified version of what was already there, added push block and switched a good bit of his moves around. Added an AI.
I've also worked for a good bit on zvitors and Harbinger's Poison Ivy and AvX Hope as well as AvX Black Widow, but with those 5 I'm unsure how & whether I can release those since I basically fiddled around in every file sans the palettes, so I don't know if I can just upload those as a complete character edit instead of the loose files.

I've also done some light changes and fixes (like being able to hit bosses with certain attacks) for Gladiacloud's Dormammu running on Vorse Raidier's AI patch. Have to check the best course of action to release those.
Did a good rework on Buyog's Hal Jordan, basically revamping his basics, power system and a lot of frame data on the supers, making stuff a good bit more consistent. Have to check which files are affect, however, but those two may be easier releases than the above.

Pretty much the same with Wucash's Etrigan, a character that I've reworked to finally have consistent comboing and hitpauses. Issue is I probably have to re-import half his sprites because a good amount of his gethit sprites currently don't use palettes for whatever reason.

Gameplay wise it's all pretty much done. Currently doing some more testing to make sure things generally work. Note all of the above have been made as personal edits first and foremost. However, I still have to check for rules on uploading edited characters given that in some cases I'd upload basically whole characters again.
Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 12:42:42 am by Swanky
#10  January 24, 2021, 01:04:53 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
However, I still have to check for rules on uploading edited characters given that in some cases I'd upload basically whole characters again.

as long as you keep em in edits where you currently are there are no rules against re-uploading the whole character that's been edited :)
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#11  January 24, 2021, 03:22:45 am
    • Indonesia
Thanks!

I've basically completed some more complete overhauls of the AvX Captain Marvel and Ramzaneko's Zero.
Did a good rework on Buyog's Hal Jordan, basically revamping his basics, power system and a lot of frame data on the supers, making stuff a good bit more consistent. Have to check which files are affect, however, but those two may be easier releases than the above.
Pretty much the same with Wucash's Etrigan, a character that I've reworked to finally have consistent comboing and hitpauses. Issue is I probably have to re-import half his sprites because a good amount of his gethit sprites currently don't use palettes for whatever reason.
Gameplay wise it's all pretty much done. Currently doing some more testing to make sure things generally work. Note all of the above have been made as personal edits first and foremost. However, I still have to check for rules on uploading edited characters given that in some cases I'd upload basically whole characters again.

Man, those chars you said are my favorites and I've hoped for them to be improved in terms of gameplay and AI. I really hope I can get my hand
 on them (either you release it or send me  ;D, anything as long as I can play with them)
Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 03:26:25 am by alnyrd
#12  January 24, 2021, 05:43:30 am
I'm super excited for Etrigan great work keep it up
#13  January 24, 2021, 09:13:27 am
However, I still have to check for rules on uploading edited characters given that in some cases I'd upload basically whole characters again.

as long as you keep em in edits where you currently are there are no rules against re-uploading the whole character that's been edited :)

Good to know, guess I have my work cut out for me in the following days. :)
#14  January 27, 2021, 06:56:06 pm
Karin by Beximus &
Hal Jordan by Enzo, Buyog2099, Arque, and McCready edited.

Karin
by Beximus
Edits by Swanky

Changes
- fixed a few syntax errors according to FF
- fixed a few hitdef parameters
- added a light AI (should probably give her another update sometime)
- changed some values around damage dampening. Hopefully I succeeded in fixing Hypers doing LESS damage in combos than doing them stand alone.
- according to the files I made an update to the .air file? Can't figure out what exactly I did there

- new, darker red color palette. New default for her.

Hal Jordan
by Enzo, Buyog2099, Arque, and McCready
Edits by Swanky

Changes:
- changed the power system. Hal still pays power to perform special attacks but he can now do them even without sufficient power.
   This decision was made when it became appearant that he would be at a huge disadvantage against most other fighters.
   While for MvDC and its slower paced gameplay this was not much of an issue, he would get clobbered by most regular MvC-ish fighters (player or CPU).
   The rework is a compromise to acknowledge the mechanic while accomodating for the overall difference in gameplay and roster.
- Changed his basics to chain together better
- changed his boxing gloves hypers to chain together better. His Smackdown Hyper was changed significantly in how it hits. It is faster and hits more often, but deals less dmg per hit

Links above, as always.
€ When I'm all done I probably pack them all together and upload them to my moddb profile page to preserve them. Still a good way to go.
Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 07:11:11 pm by Swanky
#15  January 28, 2021, 05:11:35 am
    • Indonesia
Hal Jordan
by Enzo, Buyog2099, Arque, and McCready
Edits by Swanky

Changes:
- changed the power system. Hal still pays power to perform special attacks but he can now do them even without sufficient power.
   This decision was made when it became appearant that he would be at a huge disadvantage against most other fighters.
   While for MvDC and its slower paced gameplay this was not much of an issue, he would get clobbered by most regular MvC-ish fighters (player or CPU).
   The rework is a compromise to acknowledge the mechanic while accomodating for the overall difference in gameplay and roster.
- Changed his basics to chain together better
- changed his boxing gloves hypers to chain together better. His Smackdown Hyper was changed significantly in how it hits. It is faster and hits more often, but deals less dmg per hit

Thank you so much for this.
As I see the files in it, this is intended for Hal Jordan Blackest Night ver.2.1, right?
#16  January 28, 2021, 09:26:49 am
Should be the latest released by Buyog, though I'm not a 100% on this. Too many versions floating around by now. If it helps, the dl for Hal should be 5.525 megabytes.
#17  January 28, 2021, 09:42:56 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Great edits! Also thank you for doing AI for Shinzankuro's characters as they really needed one.
#18  January 28, 2021, 08:58:13 pm
I'm happy you people like them! :)
They're some really good characters and some I wanted to have in MvC-ish gameplay for so very long. I've made it a point that every character in my personal roster should have an AI and somewhat related systems, so that was the point of origin.

I've put out a small update for Karin. Grab it in first post.

Karin Update 1.05
- nerfed her Lvl 3 damage
- optional harder AI. defaults to medium.
- fiddled around some more with her Damage Dampening, specifically with her Level3 hyper

€ pushed another small update for Karin. Hopefully it'll be the last.
Update 1.06
- fixed debugflood from statedef 9030
- fixed 9000,0 not being properly colored in roster overview
Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 11:15:43 pm by Swanky
#19  February 01, 2021, 10:16:02 pm
Released an edit for Megaman by DG.

- changed some stuff about Hyper Drill, mostly toned down block damage
- some semblance of AI
- had to free up a variable for AI, so merged variable for intro/outro

Link in first post, let me know of any bugs you find.
#20  February 02, 2021, 03:45:25 pm
Updated Sagat.
Noticed that several of his attacks couldn't hit bosstype characters due to them putting the enemy into custom states. Fixed that. You can add any missing characters in Statedef -2. Updated first post and link.