YesNoOk

MEPHISTO by RobsonMSH RELEASE!!! (Read 33736 times)

Started by RobsonMSH, July 06, 2020, 08:51:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MEPHISTO by RobsonMSH RELEASE!!!
#21  August 12, 2020, 11:45:47 pm
  • Eu percebo que minha vida é uma comédia
    • Brazil
I won't delete anything.
First! I'm not insulting anyone! The literal translation is not the same as the colloquial! And this is a standup joke from a very famous comedian, which as a practice means 'screw it if I'm wrong'! Nothing more than this. Second! I was exposing my point of view on this site where everyone is really VERY GREAT AND PART OF A GROUP THAT ONLY THEIR OPINION IS CORRECT AND IF IT IS CONTRARY, A DRAMA BEGINS! I have no question of being part of any group.
Third! Before taking away your assumptions, assumptions, get to know Brazilian culture before listening to 'angry girls' who can't stand the opinions of others ... If you really want to confirm all my affirmations you can Banish me!
#22  August 12, 2020, 11:49:03 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Ok. But is the validity of the criticism applied to the critic or the criticized?
For example you, my friend ... Your work in using an MvC2 templante is excellent, really fantastic! And continue to evolve more and more for the good of the community, because you contribute a lot, but ...
Have you ever thought that this also looks like a kind of sprite swap? You see, don't get me wrong, it's not a demerit, not least because I love the MvC2 format, but have you tried to develop a character without the templant? You see, that one way or the other, you always need a base, a 'skeleton' for creation. As Elecbyte itself talks about using Kung fu man.
I know very little about mugen, and I make my precarious edits with what I dug into the network, and still always receiving a lot of 'constructive criticism', if not other 'constructive' forms of communication ... kkkk
 But if the person asks for help, for a code, or trigger, or the explanation of how a basic helper works, all the 'great wise critics of Mugen' disappear ... Strange don't you think?

And the old answers always come up: 'I learned Mugen alone' or 'If you can't take the pressure, get out' ... Answers that ridicule or attack, because the truth is that NO ONE WANTS TO TEACH, OR GIVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MUGEN!
But all are always 'great wise, critical masters of mugen'. Discouraged new creators and publishers, or anyone thinking about learning ...
Today the great Creators of Mugen, participate very little in the websites, and forums, prefer to stay in their private projects, or have already abandoned the hobby, which is very sad.

vãotudosifudepai !!

I have to agree with you in some parts and disagree in others.

I knew literally jack about MUGEN when I joined the community in 2017 and I was lucky enough to have someone take me under his wing in 2019 to learn how to use this template. Since then I've worked hard on my own to learn and improve myself, whilst asking help from the friends I've made in the community along the way should I need it.

"I learned Mugen alone"
Yes, many people have. Nothing wrong with that.

"If you can't take the pressure, get out"
Yep. This is also true. If you get criticism, you gotta listen to it. You don't have to apply it, but you get it for a reason and you should at least think about it. And if someone is being an asshole, you need to have a thick spine. Nobody is gonna tell you "make this character amazing or kill yourself", and if they do, don't even listen to that. THAT'S not pressure, that's just someone being an asshole for no reason. Some people are pretty critical, though, but being nice and sugarcoating stuff doesn't always seem to get the point across. It's all about being blunt -- and most of the time, if someone see something is bad, they're gonna say it.

But the thing is... if you bring your A-Game, if you adamantly want to improve, and learn, and you show that, you'll earn people's respect. Ignoring criticism, telling people not to listen, or just being in denial, or even INSULTING people... that'll just tarnish your reputation.

Take it from a guy who used to be an immature crybaby. Everything gets said for a reason. Please, don't act like you can just insult everyone and be right. To act like everyone in this community is a dick is wrong. It's the internet, everyone's a dick, and welcome to it.

Take care. And forgive me if my points are jumbled. I'm not the best at arguing haha.
#23  August 12, 2020, 11:53:15 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
I won't delete anything.
First! I'm not insulting anyone! The literal translation is not the same as the colloquial! And this is a standup joke from a very famous comedian, which as a practice means 'screw it if I'm wrong'! Nothing more than this. Second! I was exposing my point of view on this site where everyone is really VERY GREAT AND PART OF A GROUP THAT ONLY THEIR OPINION IS CORRECT AND IF IT IS CONTRARY, A DRAMA BEGINS! I have no question of being part of any group.
Third! Before taking away your assumptions, assumptions, get to know Brazilian culture before listening to 'angry girls' who can't stand the opinions of others ... If you really want to confirm all my affirmations you can Banish me!

Please don't do that. This is not brazilian culture and makes us look awful. I know it's a joke but this isn't the right place to do it. You can do it in a brazilian forum or when you're with your friends, that's ok, but you're not, not everyone take it as a joke as we do.
#24  August 13, 2020, 12:01:09 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I won't delete anything.

Please don't do that. This is not brazilian culture and makes us look awful. I know it's a joke but this isn't the right place to do it. You can do it in a brazilian forum or when you're with your friends, that's ok, but you're not, not everyone take it as a joke as we do.

I actually wanna second this, because I went through something similar, funnily enough.

I administrate a website where one user actually got really mad that they had to remove content they put up, that they insulted staff in another language and assumed they could get away with it.

The guy was globally banned for two weeks. Was not happy about it and would not take responsibility for his behavior. I would not want to see a repeat, instead of someone trying to let their behavior be justified as something that it's not.
#25  August 13, 2020, 12:02:23 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I won't delete anything.

Then find another punch line or make sure you change it so that everyone knows it's the colloquial version

Full stop

If you think "prove me right and ban me" is some kind of defense against me, then you walked into the wrong comedy club
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#26  August 13, 2020, 12:05:08 am
    • Brazil
Ok. But is the validity of the criticism applied to the critic or the criticized?
For example you, my friend ... Your work in using an MvC2 templante is excellent, really fantastic! And continue to evolve more and more for the good of the community, because you contribute a lot, but ...
Have you ever thought that this also looks like a kind of sprite swap? You see, don't get me wrong, it's not a demerit, not least because I love the MvC2 format, but have you tried to develop a character without the templant? You see, that one way or the other, you always need a base, a 'skeleton' for creation. As Elecbyte itself talks about using Kung fu man.
I know very little about mugen, and I make my precarious edits with what I dug into the network, and still always receiving a lot of 'constructive criticism', if not other 'constructive' forms of communication ... kkkk
 But if the person asks for help, for a code, or trigger, or the explanation of how a basic helper works, all the 'great wise critics of Mugen' disappear ... Strange don't you think?

And the old answers always come up: 'I learned Mugen alone' or 'If you can't take the pressure, get out' ... Answers that ridicule or attack, because the truth is that NO ONE WANTS TO TEACH, OR GIVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MUGEN!
But all are always 'great wise, critical masters of mugen'. Discouraged new creators and publishers, or anyone thinking about learning ...
Today the great Creators of Mugen, participate very little in the websites, and forums, prefer to stay in their private projects, or have already abandoned the hobby, which is very sad.

vãotudosifudepai !!

I have to agree with you in some parts and disagree in others.

I knew literally jack about MUGEN when I joined the community in 2017 and I was lucky enough to have someone take me under his wing in 2019 to learn how to use this template. Since then I've worked hard on my own to learn and improve myself, whilst asking help from the friends I've made in the community along the way should I need it.

"I learned Mugen alone"
Yes, many people have. Nothing wrong with that.

"If you can't take the pressure, get out"
Yep. This is also true. If you get criticism, you gotta listen to it. You don't have to apply it, but you get it for a reason and you should at least think about it. And if someone is being an asshole, you need to have a thick spine. Nobody is gonna tell you "make this character amazing or kill yourself", and if they do, don't even listen to that. THAT'S not pressure, that's just someone being an asshole for no reason. Some people are pretty critical, though, but being nice and sugarcoating stuff doesn't always seem to get the point across. It's all about being blunt -- and most of the time, if someone see something is bad, they're gonna say it.

But the thing is... if you bring your A-Game, if you adamantly want to improve, and learn, and you show that, you'll earn people's respect. Ignoring criticism, telling people not to listen, or just being in denial, or even INSULTING people... that'll just tarnish your reputation.

Take it from a guy who used to be an immature crybaby. Everything gets said for a reason. Please, don't act like you can just insult everyone and be right. To act like everyone in this community is a dick is wrong. It's the internet, everyone's a dick, and welcome to it.

Take care. And forgive me if my points are jumbled. I'm not the best at arguing haha.

Great. I respect your arguments, but I maintain my conviction that there are many more elements to demotivate than to motivate ... You were very lucky to have a sensei, in addition to having time and dedication. And the fruit is your excellent work. Again congratulations. And I'm sorry if it looked like I insulted you or someone. But there is always someone creating a drama for not having the cognitive capacity to maintain a basic dialectic. It was a pleasure to exchange these ideas with you and I close my activities here on this site.
#27  August 13, 2020, 12:06:47 am
    • Brazil
I won't delete anything.

Thanks for your education and kindness. Luxury item here lately.
#28  August 13, 2020, 12:13:55 am
    • Brazil
I won't delete anything.

Then find another punch line or make sure you change it so that everyone knows it's the colloquial version

Full stop

If you think "prove me right and ban me" is some kind of defense against me, then you walked into the wrong comedy club

Joke Club? You're talking nonsense ... It's not who will win, but who gets beaten and moves on, without giving up, that's how you win ... It's no defense, or a test so true if it offends you ... patience ... You can ban it, no problem ... And already take advantage and delete my posts so that the 'Offended Girls' do not cry in the pillow at night ...
#29  August 13, 2020, 12:15:24 am
    • USA
All right, then your set is up and you're off the stage for three days
This time
This time
#30  August 13, 2020, 12:17:19 am
    • USA
Mugenguild can be stupid at times but Speedpreacher is cool,  he was trying to see your comedyline, shit is pretty funny you saying some bullshit in your language. Lol, no need to get angry bro,welcome to the guild in its finest glory!
#31  August 13, 2020, 12:51:23 am
Funny that you say that since he got banned.
#32  August 13, 2020, 12:58:08 am
    • USA
By the time i got here he got Judgement Day'd,  i think he shouldnt have  dont you thinks so too Alex Siniglagli?
#33  August 13, 2020, 12:59:59 am
Misspelling my surname wasn't needed, you could have just copied and pasted the name I use now, AlexSin. I made it shorter so that people wouldn't write it badly, but hey, there must be always someone to prove me wrong. :P

I honestly think he needed a time out.
Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 01:03:21 am by AlexSin
#34  August 13, 2020, 01:03:33 am
    • USA
Something about you says your just like Sheldon from Bing Bang Theory
#35  August 13, 2020, 01:06:23 am
I'm not.

This is off-topic. This is not a chat, this is a forum where you talk about things in the topic.

Mephisto is a spriteswap/edit, so it makes sense for it to be here in this board. All this nonsense about curse words, comedians, "MFG is for the elite" BS etc. wasn't needed at all.
#36  August 13, 2020, 01:10:11 am
    • USA
This time
This time
#37  August 13, 2020, 01:55:29 am
    • Brazil
Back on topic, here is a video of Blackheart beating the clone. Though I did use a decent version of Blackheart (Sunboy) and Mephisto seems to be an edit of Kong's version:

#38  August 13, 2020, 02:29:59 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
To get back on topic: there's absolutely nothing wrong with something being an edit of something. That doesn't make a creation lesser at all; we're just making sure things are properly categorized.
#39  August 13, 2020, 02:39:40 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Pretty much what Jmorph said. Also it's just a matter of organize the things here tho. :v

And at least someone like Robson got the initiative of did new sprites for Mephisto not being just a pal swap of his son.
#40  August 13, 2020, 04:36:22 am
    • Brazil
To get back on topic: there's absolutely nothing wrong with something being an edit of something.
Just to be clear, as the one who sorta started this debate, I said it in post #11 of this thread that there was nothing wrong with making sprite swaps. Hell, I made palette swaps, which are even less original, just for fun, but the thing is: I haven't treated them as new characters because they are not new and I hardly ever change anything more than the obvious on them.